Mr Chu

You met me at a very strange time in my life

Happy New Years Eve!! Hope you all had a good year, and even if you didn't, soldier on!


Standing on stage with Infinite never gets old for Myungsoo. No matter how loud the cheers are, how many fans there are(though he would be be a little distraught if he didn't see the familiar ocean of metal gold pearl in the crowd) or how tired he is, he will still give his all on stage. However, more than anything else, he does not want to be known just for his looks and sometimes it seemed that that's all the fans seemed to care about.

"Focus," he thought to himself.

He closed his eyes momentarily. Naeun's flustered face started floating in a clockwise motion in his head. 

 "I don't like L... I like Myungsoo."

Myungsoo widened his eyes immediately. To his left, Sungjong was watching him. "Gwenchana?" Sungjong mouthed. He smiled and nodded. Normally he would spill his guts to Jongie but this time he was not sure that was the best idea.

"Okay, Infinite, you're up next."

[30 minutes later]

"L, come sit here with us."

Myungsoo turned to the source of the voice, Hoya who was seated on the sofa while staring at the LCD television screen in the middle of the waiting room they were placed in. He obeyed his hyung and seated himself beside him, gulping down his chicken salad, paying no heed to the television. Again, he couldn't stop his head from running.

"It's ok. Don't worry about me."

"If you're talking about being worried about you... That's all I can do now."

Although it was true that he preferred to convey his emotions and thoughts through action, if he was his old self, he would have never dared to kiss her that early on. Hell, he couldn't even talk that much around Suzy last time. He felt like it would have been much better if she had slapped him or even punched him in the gut when he leaned in.

 He looked at the television screen for the first time and nearly dropped his chopsticks when he saw who was performing. 

Mr. Chu~ on my lips
Chu~ in a sweet way
Chu~ I get weak all over
You shake me up

Noticing his reaction, Woohyun couldn't stop himself from commenting.

"Hey Myungsoo... Isn't Naeun similar to your ideal type?"

Sungyeol gasped. "Yeah! She is, isn't she? Long, wavy hair. And she's skinny and freaking pretty."

Myungsoo retorted. "Ya, do you like her?" 

"Chill... I wouldn't dare steal away the Takane No Hana. Not when there's Namjoo."

Sungyeol squirmed in glee at the thought and abruptly, Myungsoo stood up from his seat and carried his plate with him to sit away from the television, his face redder than a tomato. Everyone carried on gossiping about A Pink, ignoring the elephant in the room.


Woohyun pondered for a moment. Chorong had told him not to tell Myungsoo about the plan and he even took the effort to keep it a secret from the other guys also. 

" I shouldn't have said that."

He waited until the group after the consecutive group, AOA, got on to text Chorong.

4:30pm

Hey, is the plan still on?

4:31pm

Yup it is. Your manager knows about it right?

4:32pm

Yeah, I told him earlier on but made him keep it a secret from the members. And I made Myungsoo pissed I think.

4:35pm

What the hell Woo, why couldn't you keep your ing mouth shut???

I'm an idiot okay! Sorry baby:((( please forgive me... 

4:37pm

Don't ask for my forgiveness when they never talk to each other again because of your move.

So the plan is off? :(( 

4:38pm

We are still coming down genius. I'm not letting you ruin this for Naeun.

Woohyun heaved a sigh of relief. The plan was simple enough. 1. A Pink brings in food 2. Give Myungsoo the opportunity to start a conversation with Naeun. He eyed Myungsoo who was telling Manager-hyung something. Unexpectedly, Myungsoo started towards the door. It took all of Woohyun's willpower to stop himself from stopping Myungsoo as he stretched his arm to grab onto the doorknob but before he even touched it, the door swung open. In came Eunji, followed by Bomi and the other members.

"Annyeong~ We brought chicken feet!" Eunji beamed rendering all the boys speechless.

Quickly forgetting pleasantries, the boys began crowding around Chorong who was carrying the plastic bags which contained the food and stole away the plastic bags from her, placing it on the main table. As the hum of conversation started to build, Woohyun took the opportunity to approach Chorong.

"Where is Naeun?" 

Chorongs eyes widened. 

"Naeun was supposed to be with us.."

She quickly scanned the room.

"Where is Myungsoo?" she whispered back.

Woohyun felt his heart drop. 


Myungsoo knew the second Woohyun referred to Naeun as Naeun instead of that stupid nickname (he really shouldn't have introduced him to shoujo manga) that something was up. And unlike his usual teasing, this sounded like Woohyun was actually gauging his reaction.

"But why?"

Myungsoo had decided to buy himself canned coffee from the vending machine to clear his head(and hopefully get a glimpse of Naeun). Those were his own selfish intentions. However, as the door swung open, a mili-second away from ripping his arm off, to reveal a beaming Eunji and Chorong carrying food for them, he realised. He was not the only one with his own intentions and plans.

Chorong must have planned to bust into their waiting room just to get Naeun and him talking(assuming that Naeun has told her about it). And assuming Woohyun knows about them, there was a high possibility that the other guys knew too. He definitely did not want that... yet.

As Naeun walked in, his heart skipped a beat. He realised that she seemed to be scanning the room for something. When her gaze turned to him, he felt his cheeks heat up. He looked away, trying to calm his racing heart. As he looked back at her, he caught her staring again. Ridding any remnance of rational thought, he rushed to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door.