His Fault

You met me at a very strange time in my life

Hi guys... i'm sooooo sorry for not updating for so long(2 months??). Hope you enjoy~


The atmosphere seemed weird. Almost like it was a secret camera event.

"Where did you go?"
Not able to meet her unni's eyes, Naeun muttered,"I just went out for a while to take a breather."

"You should have told us then. You know you were gone for an hour. It's too dangerous, you know that right? "

"It's his fault. Every time I get away, I end up running into him. So we are dating now. Unnie, please understand."

"Naeun ah, you know I can't read your mind right."

Naeun snapped back to reality. She opened but nothing came out. She hung her head low, still avoiding her unnie's gaze.

"Ah.. Its just.. that..."

Chorong was tugging Naeun to sit on the couch. 

"Explain now. Arasso?"

[30 minutes later]

"Wahhhh."

Chorong didnt know how to make sense of the situation. She had always understood that Naeun and Myungsoo were awkward with each other. She didn't know what was the reason for it until that moment.

"But why?" Chorong blurted. "How about Jongin-shii or or Taemin-shii-"

"Ani. I only see Jongin as a chingu. And Taemin-shii... no."

"But I'm really curious."

"Eh?"

"Since when did you like him?"

"Just. When... Infinite debuted."

Chorong half laughed in exasperation.

"Wah. This is really daebak. Naeun ah. How can you like someone for so long and not tell anyone about it?"

Naeun shrugged. That was a question she had always asked herself.

"Am I a coward? It's not like I'm shy..." All the times she could have struck a conversation with him but just kept to herself instead played in her head. Everytime his face crinkle into a smile, she felt her heart melting and she had to check herself from smiling herself. More than anything, she didn't want to ruin her pride.

However, it was hard to keep up with her pretense. Like on the day when the news about him and Suzy broke; she smiled more than usual that day to bury the hurt she felt. The pain of protecting her feelings for him for 4 years.

Naeun looked back to Chorong to realise that the latter had been watching her. Suddenly she felt embarassed. Chorong noticed the change in her expression and turned to look around the empty living room. 

"Well... congratulations I guess. Naeun-ah, from this day onwards don't pretend and hide anything from me. Promise?"

"Promise."

Naeun smiled as she locked her pinky finger with Chorong's.

"So have you two kissed yet?"


Myungsoo has heard that he was handsome almost everyday and it was getting to the point that he found it less of a compliment and more of a greeting. (Me? Handsome? Of course, I'm Kim Myungsoo!)

However, not one person has ever complimented him on his smile. In fact, if he were to choose a complex with his looks, he would choose his smile. He found that when he smiled it made his teeth show in an unflattering way. That was why he didn't like to smile to people he was not close to and was why his L image emerged (until he found it was burdensome to act serious all the time). The fact that she found his smile nice was so... nice to hear. 

"Like this?"

He grinned as wide as he could, his eyes becoming small as Sunggyu's and dimples showing in the process. Naeun half giggled/whined causing him to feel as though his heart was smiling too.

"Yes yes very handsome."

"But honestly you are seriously pretty when you smile too."

"Ehhhhh..." Naeun teased while nudging him. Her face was engulfed in a smile. He could not help but stare at her.

"God. Why hadn't I realise she was this beautiful?"

Suddenly there was an awkward silence as he did not respond to her teasing and just continued staring. Naeun covered her reddening face with her hands, only showing her eyes.

"Oppa. Stop staring, I'm really ugly without makeup."

"Ani." he replied while trying to peel her fingers off her face. Both of them were giggling silently, Naeun squirming to avoid his attack. Soon after, as it began to be apparent that she was losing energy, he was able to get her hands off her face. He then realised that he had accidently caused them to hold hands.

At that moment it felt like time had stopped and both of them were transported to the same plane as they stared at each other. Myungsoo could have sworned Naeun's pupils expanded.

Still holding hands, he stepped forward, reducing the space between them to an inch. Tentatively, he leaned his face towards hers, slightly tilting his head to the right. He watched Naeun's eyelids fluttered shut as he closed the space between them. Just as soon as he felt her soft lips on his, his ringtone started blaring out:

"I don't care if it's poison, I will gladly take it-"

Both of them jumped apart. Myungsoo fumbled while taking his phone out of his pocket.

Sunggyu:Calling 

He took the call and mouthed the words "Sunggyu" to Naeun who clearly looked flustered.

Myungsoo pursed his lips while listening to his leader talk. He was pacing around unbeknowned to him.

"Eh? Where am I? I'm out. Went to buy... milk."

"Mmm. Now? Arasso."

As Sunggyu hung up, Myungsoo sighed deeply.

"That was close."
"Yeah."

Myungsoo peeked at Naeun again and saw that she was now touching her lips with her hand. 

"He said we have to go to the dance studio."

"Ahh.. I'll leave now then."

Naeun turned to leave without so much as looking at him. He wanted to call out to her but then thought against it and just walked to the dance studio with his heart still beating in his ears.