The prelude;

{ ✞ } Delusional screams.
The prelude;

"Ouch," she thought, unable to speak a word due to too much light suddenly attacking her. Everything around her was covered in thick coat of white paint and she couldn't really get what was happening. She tried to raise her hand and touch her forehead to check if she had fever but sudden realiziation hit her when she couldn't feel her body. "Wait, am I...? What am I? No,no, this can't be! Hyunseung? Hyunseung!" she tried to scream out but she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried. There were so many things the female didn't understand but one thing she was sure of was that if she still had a head it would have hurt so bad. Her mind was clouded with questions and honestly, she had never ever been so confused before. She couldn't remember anything that had happened but whatever it was it had led her to madness so she wasn't even sure if she wanted to find out. Even though she tried she couldn't feel her body, she couldn't control herself nor could she control anything that was going on around her and that gave anger the perfect possibility to take her over. She felt it boil in her, or in whatever was left of her, and another desperate lengthy scream tried to break out but everything she heard was stuck in her thoughts with no chance of getting out. 

But suddenly everything changed, the light just disappeared and Hyuna found herself sitting in the middle of the street. She looked around and then she remembered. She looked at the puddle of dried blood on the ground and a wave of sadness quickly spread all over her remains. What was she now anyway? Her best guess was a spirit, just a little cloud of feelings and emotions and nothing more, but since she couldn't do anything about that anyway she just accepted that, finding it best to at least try to adapt to the situation. 

Out of a sudden she felt something, she felt it deep inside her and it hurt her, emotionally. It felt as if someone was trying to destroy her emotions, as if the imaginary wall around her feelings was trembling down, as if the energy she was now was on fire. Hyuna didn't know what was happening but she did know that she had to go, she had to find him as soon as possible, she needed to be next to him. And she ran or flew or whatever it could be called, using the shortest way possible, straight through buildings and crowd that blocked her way. There was nothing she cared about other than Hyunseung and she was going to get to him, no matter what. 

Fortunately she didn't hurt anyone or anything with all the energy gliding through them and safely made it to what had been both her and Hyunseung's apartment just a few nights before. The sight of passed out Hyunseung that opened to her made her lose it, though. She wanted to cry but she couldn't, she wanted to scream but she couldn't, she wanted to help him... But she couldn't. And so she wrapped the young male into the cloud she had become, pressing herself as close to him as possible. Hyuna had no idea whatsover of how to control herself or how her touch would influence human but at that moment she didn't care. "Hyunseung," her voice was shaky even though she could speak only in her thoughts and a tone of desperation, fear and panic was clearly represented in it as she clinged to the boy the best she could. "Hyunseung, don't leave this world. You can't.. Honey, are you alright? Oh, please, no!" Why couldn't she do anything? Was that some kind of punishment? "Dear, open your eyes now. I came back for you. Can you see me? Or hear me? Hyunseung..." she weeped now, staring at Hyunseung's closed eyes and praying to God that they would open again.

And just as she finished the boy's eyes opened and he gasped for air, looking around as if something had frightened him. His breathing was quick and heavy and it seemed as if he couldn't get enough oxygen as he was still gasping and choking. Hyuna promptly pulled away from him and started at the young male's face that seemed to calm down. There was no doubt he was still startled but the fact that he could breathe now made both Hyuna and Hyori who had looked quite terrified feel a lot calmer. "I was really cold there for a second. It was... Weird," the finally spoke after minutes of rather painful silence and tried to stand up but after failing miserably he just kept sitting on the wooden floor, staring at his toes. "Could you close the window for me?" he murmured and looked up at Hyori, flashing a small smile before turning his gaze back to his feet.

Hyuna hadn't even seen Hyori there and so it was quite a surprise to her, she took a second to wonder what her friend might be doing there but honestly it didn't even matter, at least Hyunseung wasn't alone. She was happy that the love of her life wasn't crying alone, she was happy he had support. Hyori was going to help Hyunseung get through it, right? Of course she was, how could she not. Hyuna had been friends with her for years and she knew her enough to know that she wouldn't leave Hyunseung suffering alone, she knew that Hyori's heart was too good for that, she trusted her. 

A small smile appeared on Hyori's lips and she nodded slightly as a reply to Hyunseung before walking slowly to the opened window. She stopped for a moment, looking out of the window as she took a deep breath. Her fists were clenching on the windowsill and it looked like she was trying her best to calm herself down. "Ah, what's wrong with her?" Hyuna asked oneself but failed to find an answer and instead turned her attention back to Hyunseung who was still lying on the floor, looking at wall in front of him without even blinking. Honestly, he looked as if he had seen a ghost but even though Hyuna would have liked if that had happened she knew well enough he was still startled by the cold Hyuna's energy had made him feel. She wanted to touch him, to caress his cheek and play with his hair, she wanted to brush her lips against his... But she couldn't. It hit her only then that she could never do any of those things again. She couldn't even talk to him again, ever. And she wanted to cry, she wanted to burst into tears and let all that she felt out but she couldn't even do that. Everything was suddenly slipping out of her hands, she didn't have control over anything anymore. 

Fortunately she didn't have too much time to speculate over her power and whatnot because Hyori was now back next to Hyunseung and was softly caressing his head, ruffling his hair softly as she did so. "Hey, Hyunseung. I'll help you to bed, okay?" she spoke softly and there was so much love and care in her voice that Hyuna's mind went blank in a second and she just looked at the woman and found herself being so thankful for everything she had done and would do in the future. Hyori's smile was so small and shy but yet so friendly as she looked at Hyunseung and the male couldn't help but nod at her and smile back. The young woman let her arm slide around the other and his arm was loosely draped over her shoulders as he stood up slowly and carefully, trying his best not to fall again. They walked with small and calm steps to the bedroom and soon Hyunseung was lying on the bed, staring at the cieling just like he had done the night before. "Thank you, Hyori," he whispered quietly and Hyori just nodded. "It's okay, Hyunseung, it's okay."