Entry #6

Yoona’s Love List

6. Yoona likes someone who understands her without her uttering a single word.

 

 

It was an uneventful week for everyone else but it was a different case for Yoona. After her illness incident, she and Yuri became so much closer. Their "movie nights" now have their "sleepover nights" too.

 

 

Yoona went back to their dorm; excitement is running in her veins. It was another movie and sleepover weekend for them and the two didn't also have the time to meet each other because almost all of their subjects today are not shared.

 

 

Yoona really likes the sleepover part though, because the two would spend the night sleeping in a single bed, snuggling and talking with each other till the wee hours in the morning.

 

 

So when Yoona knocked on their door, she expected to see a charming tanned girl greeting her.

 

 

But Yoona almost dropped her books upon seeing the door opened. It was not because a charming tanned girl opened their door but because a handsome man opened it. Okay, scratch that, Yoona wasn't interested with the man. She was concerned about what did this man do to her roommate.

 

 

 

"Who are you?! Where's Yuri?!" Yoona almost yelled to the man while gritting her teeth.

 

 

"Yoong!!!" Yuri suddenly appeared behind the man.

 

 

 

Yoona's eyes widen upon realizing the situation.

 

 

 

Yuri knows this man?

 

 

 

"Oh, he's Yoo Ah In. He's my project partner and also a good friend from my other classes. Ah In, she's Yoona, my dorm mate," Yuri introduced.

 

 

 

Ah In smiled and held out his hand, "Nice meeting you."

 

 

Yoona's eye twitched in irritation.

 

 

Is this guy really just a friend to Yuri? Isn’t he hitting on her? And what's wrong with Yuri? Why did she introduce me as just her roommate? I thought we're already best friends because I'm sure she's one to me.

 

 

Yoona walked past the two.

 

 

 

"I'm tired."

 

Yoona controlled herself not to slam the door of her room in front of the two shocked faces of Yuri and Ah In.

 

 

She doesn't know what came over her but she is sure of one thing, she's not comfortable having that guy around.

 

 

---

 

It wasn't Yoona's intention to eat with the two but she was so damn hungry and it wasn't also Yuri's intention to provoke Yoona more by being so damn sweet with Ah In in front of her.

 

 

 

"Here," Yuri scooped another bowl of rice for Ah In.

 

 

"Thanks, Yul," Ah In received the bowl shyly from Yuri's hands.

 

 

And that's it. Yoona can't take it anymore.

 

 

Ah In has been flirting with her and Yuri just seemed to like it.

 

 

And the last straw was when this man called Yuri by her nickname. The last time that Yoona checked, she’s the only one who is calling Yuri like that.

 

 

Yoona gritted her teeth. She just wanted to drag the girl away from that jerk towards her.

 

 

 She stood up.

 

 

 

"I'm finished. I'm going to sleep."

 

 

 

She left without even bothering to take her dishes to the sink. She entered her room not bothering to open the light anymore. And soon tears cascaded down her beautiful face.

 

Yoona hates it.

 

 

She thinks it is unfair that Yuri makes her feel like this.

 

 

She is hurting Yoona without even realizing it.

 

 

It is unfair that Yoona looks like a lovesick puppy wanting an attention to her master.

 

It is unfair that Yuri isn't feeling the same way.

 

It is unfair now that Yoona know what it is.

 

 

She's not only uncomfortable, she is jealous.

 

 

And what's even more unfair is the fact that she is jealous with something she doesn't have.

 

 

 

Yuri isn't hers in the first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Indeed, life is unfair.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Yuri knocked Yoona's door for the nth time because the latter isn't answering her door.

 

 

After a few knocks, Yuri was about to give up when the door creaked open.

 

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri asked.

 

 

"Nothing. Is that all?" Yoona almost closed the door but Yuri beat her to it.

 

 

"Wait! What's wrong with you?! Why are you acting like this?!" Yuri bursted out.

 

 

 

"Oh so you're angry at me now! Seriously Yuri! You really wanted me to talk?!"

 

 

"Yes!"

 

 

 

Yoona shook her head, "You don't really know me."

 

 

 

Yuri was taken aback at that.

 

 

 

"I want someone who would really know me even though I don't speak a single damn word!" Yoona yelled and stormed out of her room towards the living room.

 

 

 

"Where are you going?!"

 

 

"Out of your life!!!"

 

 

 

Yuri was shocked and soon tears pooled in her eyes. Is she that unimportant to Yoona?

 

 

 

"What am I to you, Yoona?"

 

 

 

It's now Yoona's time to be taken aback.

 

 

 

She inhaled deeply. If she would lie, this misunderstanding would just escalate but if she would tell her the truth, Yuri might hate her forever.

 

 

 

But seeing the look on Yuri's face, she decided that life isn't really fair. Neither option would lead to a favourable outcome for her. So, Yoona decided for the best option that would break her heart more the way it is breaking now.

 

 

 

Tell her the truth.

 

 

 

 

"You're the world to me."

 

 

 

 

Yuri doesn't believe her ears. Is she just hearing things?

 

 

Yoona turned her back not wanting to see the older girl's reaction. She held her breath upon placing her hand on their doorknob.

 

 

 

Please just say something, Yul.

 

 

 

Say something so that I can let you go.

 

 

 

 

Yoona almost cried upon hearing nothing from the girl, she was about to open the door when she halted. She felt something wrapping around her hips.

 

 

 

Yuri is freaking hugging her.

 

 

 

But why?

 

 

 

"Babo, I love you too."

 

 

Yuri's crying on her back.

 

 

The older girl kissed her neck. And Yoona immediately melted upon the sensation.

 

 

Yoona cried too and Yuri wiped her tears.

 

 

 

At least, even if life is unfair, you just need to take some risk. And right now, Yoona doesn't regret anything because she's already in the arms of her love.

 

 

---------

A/N: so how  was it people? please do comment. i love hearing from you 

And please do add me up on sff and twitter @isarangjeti I wanted to have friends whom i can spazz with... follow me 'kay? :)