Entry #7

Yoona’s Love List

7. Yoona likes someone with huge gestures and surprises.

 

 

It's been two years since the two graduated. Yoona became a professor in their university while Yuri works in an advertising company. The two moved in since the day they graduated. Nothing much changed except for the fact that the two girls are now living in their own apartment and are working their butts off to make ends meet.

 

 

 

They are seating on the couch having their "weekend movie night", still the same old couple that they were.

 

 

Yoona has been pouting and puffing her cheeks in irritation.

 

 

It's been two years that they are together, not that she is not happy with what they are now; it's just that Yoona expected Yuri to do big surprises and gestures for her. It seemed like they are too comfortable to each other now.

 

 

Does Yuri still plan about their upcoming third anniversary?

 

 

 

"Is there something wrong, Yoong?"

 

 

Yoona was brought back to reality. She tried to smile and shook her head.

 

 

Yuri smiled.

 

 

"You must be hungry, let me make us dinner," Yuri ruffled her hair before getting off the couch towards their kitchen.

 

 

 

Yoona felt her heart beat triple time when her girlfriend ruffled her hair.

 

 

She smiled.

 

 

 

Looks like Yuri still got it. Definitely.

 

 

---

 

 

One day, Yoona was frantically looking where she put her handkerchief on. She's really sweating while walking towards her car. Damn this hot summer sun.

 

 

She entered her car and put her hand on her jeans pocket to check for it but instead she found something inside.

 

 

It is definitely not her handkerchief.

 

 

She pulled it out and saw a paper. She unfolded it and a wide grin appeared on her face.

 

-How are you? I love you.-

 

She immediately knew that handwriting.

 

Yoona tried searching for more notes in the other front pocket and two back pockets of her jeans and found a note on each one.

 

-Drive safely.-

 

-Come back home soon, I'll be waiting.-

 

-I miss you already. Kiss me when you get home.-

 

 

 

Yoona is already crying tears of joy after reading those notes.

 

 

Who would have thought that Yuri can even think to do those, knowing how busy she was?

 

 

So when Yoona arrived home, instead of greeting her lover a "Good Evening", Yoona pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

 

 

 

"What was that for?" Yuri asked, blushing, when they separated.

 

 

 

Yoona smiled.

 

 

 

 

"You wanted a kiss when I get home."

 

 

 

---

 

There were also times when they spend their days outside just like now. The two are just hanging out at the park. Yoona is reading her book under the tree and Yuri, well the health freak that she was, is exercising beside her.

 

 

Suddenly, Yoona saw that Yuri stopped exercising but the latter is just standing in front of her with her back facing her.

 

 

Yoona poked her leg which made Yuri turned to look at her while standing.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

 

 

Yuri smiled. "Don't mind me."

 

 

"But you just look weird like that. Just tell me why," Yoona whined.

 

 

 

Yuri sighed.

 

 

"I just wanted to shade you off the sun, okay?"

 

 

Yoona melted on the spot because of her sweet gesture. She tackled Yuri on the ground and pecked her lips.

 

 

 

"W-What's that for?" Yuri stammered.

 

 

 

Yoona chuckled. "You're just too cute today."

 

 

---

 

There are also nights that they spend dinners at restaurants.

 

 

Yoona isn't enjoying her plate that night. She thought that what she ordered would taste delicious for her but even the shikshin in her refuses to eat her dish.

 

 

Yuri noticed that her girlfriend isn't eating her food.

 

 

Suddenly, Yoona felt Yuri's hand on hers which made her stop pushing her food around.

 

 

"My dish is better," Yuri said to her, smiling.

 

 

Yuri switched their plates and she started eating Yoona's dish.

 

 

"But that's--"

 

 

"Eat. I don't want to starve my shikshin," Yuri smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

 

Yoona's heart is beating faster again. It seemed that even those butterflies are still there and she's sure that they will stay forever.

 

 

Yoona pecked her lips.

 

 

"W-What's that for?"

 

 

Yoona smiled. "That tastes the best."

 

 

---

 

 

The two are crossing the street after their grocery shopping.

 

 

One peculiar thing Yoona likes when she is with Yuri is when they are crossing the street or walking through a crowd. It may sound weird but Yoona doesn't like to cross the street with anyone other than Yuri.

 

 

The green light lit signalling the pedestrians to cross.

 

 

Yuri grasped Yoona's hand and smiled, "Let's go."

 

 

Yoona loves the way how Yuri would clasp their hands all the time. She loves how the warmth from Yuri's fingers and palm spread to her own and even through her body.

 

 

The moment that they are already across the street, Yuri asked her, "Are you okay?"

 

 

She also loves how Yuri would ask if she's okay after that.

 

 

 

It makes her feel safe and loved.

 

 

 

Yoona nodded and Yuri smiled they continued walking towards their apartment still holding each other hands.

 

 

When they arrived at their apartment, they saw the maintenance fixing their elevator.

 

 

Yuri sighed.

 

 

It looks like they need to go up to their apartment on the 3rd floor using the stairs.

 

 

Yuri looked at her girlfriend and saw her pouting.

 

 

Yuri smiled.

 

 

"Let me hold all those bags. Hop on my back. You looked so freaking tired."

 

 

 

Yoona pouted in protest but Yuri insisted. Yuri carried all their shopping bags and carried Yoona on her back all the way up.

 

 

The moment they entered their apartment and Yoona came down, Yuri was panting and sweating.

 

 

 

It looks like she just had a week's worth of exercise.

 

 

 

Noticing this, Yoona got her handkerchief out and wiped her.

 

 

 

Suddenly, she kissed Yuri fully on her lips.

 

 

 

"W-What's that for?" Yuri asked still blushing and breathless from the kiss. She looked so damn adorable.

 

 

 

Yoona pecked her again and smiled. "I just love you."

 

 

Those where the times that Yoona is just thankful for having Yuri in her life.

 

 

The older girl proves that Yoona is wrong.

 

 

A great relationship doesn’t need expensive shows and huge gestures.

 

 

Sometimes, a sweet gesture from Yuri can make her day complete. And it is a big charm of Yuri. She cares enough to think of and do little ways and simple everyday things to remind Yoona that love is still in the air. A lot.

 

---------

A/N: so how  was it people? please do comment. i love hearing from you 

And please do add me up on sff and twitter @isarangjeti I wanted to have friends whom i can spazz with... follow me 'kay? :)