Sunny Side Up (Final)

Sunny Side Up

Minseok and Luhan predebut. Photo is not mine. Credits to SM and EXO M and the uploader of this photo.

 

It was a bright, sunny morning. Luhan’s eyes twinkle as he slowly and repeatedly open his eyes. He gains his vision and sees the window letting out a bright beam of light as the curtains gently and slowly flow through the morning breeze. Luhan thought today was going to be a goo… no, a great day. :)

 

What makes it better is the fact that he has one more day to spend together with his one and only love, Minseok. He was not only a good friend, but so much more. Minseok would always lend a hand when Luhan can’t handle things. He would also comfort him in times of sorrow, pain, or loneliness. He would also make Luhan’s lips smile, and his face beam in times of joy. Minseok gave Luhan the boost to carry on, and love life more. Basically, Minseok completed Luhan, and Luhan completed Minseok too.

 

They were obviously happy with each other. They need nothing more than each other.


 

 

Luhan slowly rises from the bed while scratching his eyes. He realizes that the person next to him is nowhere to be seen. Where’s Minseok? He thought. Luhan looks around at the messy room filled with bright light. There were clothes around the floor and some on the bed. There was also left over food on top of the nightstand, and crumbs and pieces of food on the floor. They haven’t been able to clean their room due to their hectic schedule.

 

Luhan and Minseok’s stuff merge among the pile of mess they’ve created. But the beauty of seeing their stuff together meant something to Luhan. It simply means, they are together. How did something so messy, become something so lovely? Luhan smiled at the thought.

 

He turns his head towards the picture frame containing a photo of him and Minseok during their pre-debut. It was placed on top of the nightstand next to the bed.

 

Luhan reaches for the photo and holds it close to his face. His face flashes a bright smile as he eyes on Minseok’s contented face, along with his.

 

The photo was taken at an amusement park, a few months before their debut. The two of them were riding the ferris wheel, and when they got at the very top, they took a picture (above). The photo was a commemoration of the day they professed their love for each other. That day, the two made their relationship real, and stronger.

 

On that ferris wheel, Luhan and Minseok looked out at the lovely scenery of Seoul, and the infinite blue sky, while they wish that their love would be as beautiful and endless as the horizon.

 

Luhan remembered that day like it was yesterday. He was reminded of the fact that someone cares for him, and loves him for who he is. And the fact that he loves and cares for Minseok more than Minseok loves him, and more than Luhan loves himself. Minseok is Luhan’s life. <3



 

 

And he was reminded of the fact that his beloved is not on his bed when he awoke. So, he puts back the picture frame, stands up, and leaves the room to find Minseok.

 

Luhan walked along the hallway, and down the stairs, but there seemed to be no sign of Minseok. The other members also seem to be either asleep or gone. Nonetheless, Luhan was anxious to find Minseok and give his baozi a big, tight hug.

 

Suddenly, Luhan hears the clattering of plates and the clanging of spoons and forks. He slowly approaches the kitchen, and looks at the commotion.

 

There, next to the stove, was the one he was looking for. Minseok was diligently cooking breakfast for the two of them. He was opening the fridge and getting some eggs when Luhan cleared his throat. This made Minseok turn his head around and see Luhan’s presence. Immediately, Minseok beamed his lovely smile at Luhan which seemed to have dazzled him.

 

Luhan walked towards Minseok to see what he was cooking. He saw some toasts, pancakes, and sausages.

 

“I thought it would be nice if we eat breakfast together” Minseok explained as he grabbed a bowl from the cupboard.

 

“But we eat breakfast all the time” Luhan said.

 

“Yeah. But, it’s always outside. It’s kind of tiring eating fast-food for breakfast.”

 

Luhan nods, and smiles, “I see what you mean.”

 

“Besides,” Minseok continues, “I just want to enjoy this moment with you. I just want to have breakfast, a real breakfast, with you, alone.”

 

Minseok looks around, implying that they enjoy the peaceful moment without the other members.

 

Luhan smiles, and hugs Minseok tight. Really tight.

 

“Aaah! Luhan! It’s too tight!” Minseok complains.

 

“I don’t care!!!” Luhan says, and continues to squeeze his baozi. Minseok gave in and eventually hugged him too.

 

After a while, Luhan let go, but before letting go, Luhan steals a kiss from Minseok. This made the baozi blush.



 

After recovering from the sudden attack, Minseok resumes cooking while Luhan stands beside him, looking at his work.

 

Minseok cracks an egg, then says, “Ah! Luhan, do you want scrambled or sunny side up?”

 

But before Luhan could even answer, Minseok suddenly says,



 

I love you, Luhan. I really do.



 

Luhan just froze, his mouth open.

 

Hearing those three simple yet meaningful words made him tear up a bit.

 

Slowly, his mouth formed a smile. A smile that assured Minseok that his feelings got through to him. And that his feelings won’t be in vain.

 

Smiling, Luhan finally answers, “Sunny side up.”

 

And he went closer to seal his lips on his.