2/10 - Injections

Teacher, Teacher

School injections at the high school was always a fun filled event.

If you define fun by students (and some teachers, cough Hyukjae cough), fainting during the injections.

Now being the kind person that he is, Donghae had offered to stay with Hyukjae during the day, as the blonde was feeling a little queasy from all the needles that were surrounding him.

The duo remained firm friends after they'd graduated, much to Kyuhyun's chagrin and they were often seen together for their line of work. Dance and PE seemed to go hand in hand at the school and so the two had plenty of time to chat and maintain their friendship. 

Kyuhyun on the other hand, hadn't kept many of his friends after graduation.

There was Hyukjae of course, because Donghae couldn't leave him behind and the two singers that had briefly grouped with Kyuhyun to release an album, before Kyuhyun landed himself the teaching job.

Kim Ryeowook and Kim Jongwoon were 34 and 37 respectively, married and living together happily with their adopted daughter Ryeosung. While Ryeowook worked as a singer at a local company, Jongwoon followed Kyuhyun's path and ended up as a senior music teacher.

Said music teacher suddenly poked a daydreaming Kyuhyun's with a pen, making the brunette spin around in surprise.

"Daydreaming on injection day is never a good thing Kyu," Jongwoon snickered, "You never know who's trying to poke you with what."

Kyuhyun scowled at him, slapping his shoulder while grumbling something under his breath.

"Mr Cho, Mr Kim!" A female voice called out from a few feet away; a nurse by the name of Tiffany, was trying to help Donghae lift an unconscious Hyukjae, who had indeed, unfailingly fainted.

Kyuhyun chuckled at the disgruntled look on Donghae's face, as the (ehem, short) PE teacher tried once more to heft the dance instructor into his arms. He wandered over with Jongwoon in tow, snickering when he got shot with a pleading help look.

He took Hyukjae from Donghae easily, hefting the blonde into his arms securely and turning around to head for the school infirmary. As he walked away, Tiffany and Donghae scurrying after his long strides, Kyuhyun heard his students start to whine, "Why couldn't I have fainted? Then Mr Cho would have had to carry me."

"Look at him, he's so y and strong."

"Too bad for Mr Lee though," Kyuhyun heard the students switch their attention to the Performance Director, "He hates needles so much. I'm honestly surprised he lasted until after he got his shots."

Donghae and Kyuhyun shared a small smile as they finally left the school gym. ("Who's idea was it to have the injections in the gym, anyway?" Kyuhyun had grumped to Donghae, in the staffroom that morning. "To fit everyone." was the reply.)

Dumping Hyukjae down on a pristine white bed once they reached the infirmary, Kyuhyun and Donghae nodded their thanks as Tiffany shooed them out into the hallway.

"Just let him rest," she said in response to Donghae's worried look, "He'll be fine in an hour or so."

Nodding again as they left, Donghae checked his watch and whined.

"What's the matter with you?" Kyuhyun asked, slinging a long arm around Donghae's shoulders, ignoring the shorter man's flushed face.

"My class is now. I have to get an injection. Because unlike some people," Donghae teased, poking Kyuhyun's cheek, "I'm not fussy where I get mine."

Kyuhyun pouted in mock hurt, "Just because I prefer a clean, sterile doctor's office to a smelly high school gym." He huffed, pulling his arm away and sticking his nose in the air as they reached the gym.

"Aww Kyu~" Donghae whined childishly, "Don't be mad at me!" He ignored the amused looks from teachers and students alike, as he latched onto Kyuhyun's arm tightly.

"Get off me you moron!" Kyuhyun complained, shaking his arm in an attempt to make Donghae budge, "People are staring at you."

"Are you going to hold my hand when I get my injection?" Donghae asked, smiling sweetly and puppy eyes on full blast.

"No." Kyuhyun deadpanned.

"Please?"

"No, Donghae."

"Pretty please?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Damn it, Donghae! You're 35! You don't need me to hold your hand." Kyuhyun snapped, poking his tongue out immaturely.

"But I want you to hold my hand."

A collective aww echoed around the gym as Kyuhyun's face heated up and he finally relented with a gruff, "Fine. But no funny business. As soon as the needle is done, I let go."

Donghae's face lit up like the fourth of July and he grabbed onto Kyuhyun's hand happily, "Okay~" he chirped, dragging the math teacher towards the nurses.

You're so lucky I love you, idiot.