chapter ii

Tied Up in Heartstrings

That was a year ago. 

When I haven't lost all my sanity.

Here I am, standing at the centre of the club stage, the lights flashing right into my eyes but I don't care. I was rolling my hips and the crowd went wild. People were bickering all around me but I couldn't care anyless.

I held unto the pole of the club and swayed my hips, circling the pole, earning a loud scream from the crowd. "Take it off, take it off!" The shouted in unison.

As you wish.

I was about to remove my shirt when someone suddenly stopped my hands from doing so, "boo!" They all shouted in unison and I turned to check out who it was. "Stop it," he said, "you're drunk."

I smirked at him and wrapped my arms around his neck, "don't you want a good show, Sehun?" I smirked at him seductively and started rolling my hips in front of him but he just looked away and removed my arms on his neck. "let's go." He removed his jacket and covered my body. I was wearing a revealling top and a mini skirt, paired with a couple of golden high heels. 

My hair was curled, portraying a bouncy effect while dancing and my make up was a bit dark for a ier look. He grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the stage. I was walking in a not-so-good way but he still dragged me out of the club.

"What's wrong?" I told him, laughing. I was too drunk to comprehend was what happening. I looked right into his eyes and he looked so disappointed. "You went to the club again." He says, sighing. 

I laughed at him and hit his chest playfully, smiling. "You're no fun." He looked at me intently and said, "get in the car."

I shook my head and chortled, "nope, I don't wanna." I chanted like a five-year-old girl." He shrugged in exasparation and uttered, "Watch your head," he pushed me inside of the car. I was too drunk to realize that he already opened the doors. He took his seat on the driver seat and started manipulating the machine.

"You know what," I started, staring by the window. I knew I was starting my drama with my slurred speech again but I didn't care. I guess this is the effect of the liquor that I had. The confidence to speak out loud, "I really envy you."

I stared at him and he spared me a look then look back at the road where he was driving, "you have the looks, money, and everything you could ever ask for. Not to mention, your one of the most popular boys in school." I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "You have everything in this world," I pushed his shoulders a little bit and laughed, "lucky you."

Sehun has been my friend since we were infants, I suppose. When I was young, my mother had been the one taking care of me but when I reached 18, I decided to move out of the house since my mom remarried and I know they wanted a private life of their own with my six and eight year old sisters, Seo eun and Seo Jin.

Of course, they were a family and I was definitely out of the picture. My dad has a family of his own too. He had a son, Seungho. Actually, my dad's family never knew about me. That's why I was never been close to him or to my brother. He's a fourteen-year-old boy.

I don't really care about the fact that I'm alone. What's new? I'm used to it. I'm used to the harsh reality about people ditching me every now and then so I don't really mind it anymore.

"Not really," he suddenly murmurs, and I turned to his direction and said, rolling my eyes, "Not really? Well, that seems new," I smiled at him and asked, "Why? Is there something more you can't have, Mr. Oh?"

"Yeah," He looks at the rear view mirror and shifts lane, "the girl I love."

"Wow," I clapped my hands, laughing like an idiot. "That seems poetic. Tell me more about the girl you love." I turned to him and smiled mockingly. He just shook his head, smiling. "You don't wanna hear about it, trust me."

"Why not?"

"I might describe her too perfectly."

"Ooh," I can't believe that Mr. Perfection actually has his weak points. Oh Sehun was known as one of the most popular guys in our university. He's the best catch that anyone could probably have, but apparently, nobody was good for him. Well, not until today that he confessed to me that he already found his cinderella.

"Come on," I added, looking at him excitedly, "I could take your oh-so-nose-bleedingly-speech." I smiled at him and he just smiled back. Okay, he's pretty cute and he's sometimes tempting, since he's handsome, I must admit.

"Well, she's always messed up. She loves being the around the campus walls. She's a 'total diva'. She loves bossing around and loves to take her own side. Not to mention, that she's too stubborn to take other's advice for her."

I snorted and my brows creased, "I thought you'll describe her perfectly." 

"Yes, describe her ironically."

"Tsk," I scrunched up my nose and rolled my eyes. I started debating of how stupid he is for falling for that kind of girl, "you know what you should stop your delusions about that girl, whoever she maybe." I tapped his shoulders and continued, "I'm your bestfriend and I know that there are a lot of girls drooling for you. Why don't you just pick out from your girlfriend wannabes?"

"I hope it would be that easy." He says simply, darting his eyes, meeting mine, then back at the roads again. I swear I could lose myself from his eyes, "I'm deeply in love with her. How could I search for someone else if she's the one I want? You know the lyrics," he said as he started singing out of tune, "how can I move on when I'm still in love with you? Cause-"

I covered my ears and gestured him to stop, "you're a born dancer but you've never been a born singer so stop singing before my eardrum explodes." He just laughed and shook his head, "yeah, I'm sorry if my voice was never been good for you."

"Well, you should be." I told him arrogantly but the smile never left my face.

"How about me," he started, pausing for a moment, "am I good enough for you?"

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes again. "Where did that topic ever came from?" I asked him, creasing my brows. I started laughing and clapping my hands. "Oh my gosh," I said, covering my mouth. "Don't tell me you like me!" I asked chuckling in disbelief.

"What?" He stammered and suddenly he was blushing. Okay, he's blushing? He knocked my head and sighed, "don't stuff stupid thoughts in your head." He says and disappointment engulfs me. 

"Well," I said, smiling. Trying to hide the pain that I'm feeling, "that's bad." I said. I was too drunk and I don't know where I'm picking up the guts to tell him the truth, "I've always liked you."

I said as I slowly shut my eyes and said, "how I wish I'd just be whomever she is." I was drifting off to sleep when I heard him say, "you already are," but I wasn't sure if I heard him right.