#5: First Mission Part 1: Split up

Magical Adventure In Magical World


Chapter #5

–First Mission Part 1: Split up–



 

Okay. This is so unfair–well, at least for him. Chorong–oh God, how could she did that–accepted a mission without the boys agreement. The boys–especially him, the party lover, Nam Woohyun–really wanted to go to the festival. How could she easily accept a mission without thinking about her own promise to the boys!?

 

“Oh c’mon! Don’t be so gloomy like that~! The prize is money, y’know?? And it’s a lot of money!” Naeun pouted when she saw all of the boys disappointed, gloomy, and angry faces. Well, who wouldn’t? Naeun didn’t know about the promise that Chorong made with the boys. So, she probably doesn’t know how disappointed we are.

 

“I bet you wouldn’t reject it if you guys were in our places!” Eunji sighed deeply while rubbing her forehead. That’s only her opinion! The boys–especially him–are not stupid, naïve, and money lovers like the girls. Ups, he’s too self-praising himself. Well, typical of him anyway.

 

“Such a party popper…” Woohyun muttered while slumped himself onto the sofa. His words received glares from the girls but he ignored it. Who cared about money anyway? He wanted to go to the festival. They probably bluffing about the high amount of–

 

“It’s 600,000 Gold. And I knew very well you liked money so much…” Chorong cut-off his thought.

 

–money… Wait a second… “600,000 Gold!? Are you kidding me!? That’s too freaking many!” He shouted loudly when he heard the amount of money for the rewards. (100 Gold equals bread, 1,000-5,000 Gold equals a necklace or bracelet or earnings). Oh, no wonder she didn’t reject it… Chorong sure knew a lot about him. He took a credit for that.

 

“Oh great! I’m kinda running out of money here!” Hoya shouted excitedly as he stood up. “So what’s the mission about?? Oh, who give that to you by the way?” Hoya asked Chorong who’s holding the mission paper.

 

“The mayor… He begged to us…” She said as she looked at the paper the mayor gave to them. “His daughter being kidnapped by bandits last night when the both of them trying to prepare the festival. The bandits told the mayor that they will give his daughter back if he gives them the city treasure…? What is the city treasure anyway??” Chorong asked to herself while rubbing her temples.

 

“You’re crazy and stupid. You accepted that mission without reading the mission paper?” He asked her while glared at her. Oh, she’s so unbelievable. He doesn’t understand why must his family–out of other families around the world–needed to serve her family.

 

“Did you just call me crazy, huh!?” Chorong shouted back at Woohyun while glared back at him. That glare didn’t scare him though. He’s not some coward who ran away just by seeing this little girl–slash his master–glare.

 

Both of them didn’t say anything to each other. They just glared at each other. Interfere their glaring contest would be dangerous. Seriously dangerous, since he will hunt down anyone who dared to interfere– “You two looked like an old married couple who like to fight y’know.”

 

–them. They simultaneously broke their glare as they looked at the one who dared to interfere, Hoya. Hoya quickly took a several step back and hid behind the nearest person back, who’s none other than Eunji.

 

“Oh c’mon you guys… You two are the oldest among us. Don’t act too childlish…” Eunji said while sighing when Hoya hid behind her back, asking for protection.

 

Woohyun groaned in displeasure but silently agree that Eunji was right. It’s Chorong’s fault anyway, at least that was his thought. “Anyway, the paper said the bandits will wait the mayor inside the abandoned house near the Beast Forest… And they will wait until sunset or they will kill his daughter…” Chorong said while looking at the paper.

 

“Huh? The bandits told us their location? Are they stupid or something? Let’s just head there and take the daughter and crush them! It’s piece of cake!” Woohyun enthusiastically said. If the enemy already told their location, how hard it could be?

 

“Wait!” Chorong shouted at Woohyun who already preparing himself to go outside. He turned his head towards her while looking at her with ‘What’ expression. Oh, what is her problem? Isn’t easy to just go there and finish the enemy then earn the 600,000 Gold?

 

“There’s something odd...” Myungsoo said while looking at Chorong. Chorong nodded in agreement before looked at the paper again. “There’s no way the enemies will let us go inside easily.” Myungsoo continued while sighing.

 

“Aw, you guys trying to make it more complicated than before! Let’s just head there and see what they really planned!” Naeun happily said while pointing at the door. “Isn’t that way easier??”

 

Chorong looked at the paper for a moment, trying to think another way that possible. “Oh don’t over think about it. Let just head there already.” Hoya said while Eunji nodded in agreement. “I think we’re strong enough to handle silly bandits.”

 

Hearing her friends argued her sure made her confused, and he liked that. It’s funny to see her confused, disagreement, and displease faces. But she knew she couldn’t do anything about it. So she just sighed and nodded, “Okay then. Let’s go there now. Last night, the mayor said that we need to take her daughter back at any cost. He’s counting on us.”

 

“Okay then! Off to go!” Naeun happily said and walked outside while the others followed not so far behind her.

 


 

They all walked towards the forest but soon Chorong stopped them when they reached near the forest. Eunji didn’t say anything and followed her orders. The others seem to follow her order too. But there’s one person who always questioned Chorong’s order, “What are you doing? Let’s get going. The abandoned house is right there near the forest entrance!” Woohyun shouted.

 

“No. Don’t walk any further. There’s a barrier.” Chorong said strictly as she eyeing the abandoned house from her spots. “And there’s something looked like a… three holes 50 meters away from it. Let’s head there instead.”

 

“Woah! You could see a barrier??” Naeun asked Chorong who started to walk at the place where the three holes located. The oldest girl only walked towards it without saying any other words. Eunji found it interesting since there are only some certain people who could see barrier with bare eyes.

 

“But there are only several people who could see barrier right?” Hoya asked to no one in particular. Oh it seems Hoya had the same thought as her.

 

“Maybe she had her own reason why she doesn’t want to tell,” To everyone surprise, Woohyun was the one who said that. Usually, he always argued with Chorong whenever he could. But it seems he doesn’t want anyone to interrupt her. Interesting…

 

“Yeah, he’s right. Anyway, we need to follow her now.” Myungsoo said as he followed her and Naeun followed not so far behind him.

 

Without saying another words, Woohyun walked towards Chorong. That’s odd, but Eunji didn’t ask anything. Before she could walk towards all of them, Hoya held her shoulder. She turned her head to see him with a confused expression, “Hmm?”

 

“They didn’t tell us something.” Hoya said while eyeing the four of them walking in front of them.

 

Huh? They hiding something…? “All of them…?” She asked to him while raised an eyebrow of confusion. No, she believed Naeun didn’t hide something, considering how talk-active she is. Myungsoo? Don’t know… Chorong and Woohyun? Definitely.

 

She could see him shrugged his shoulder before turning his head towards her and smiled, “Never mind that… Maybe they will tell us when the time has come.” Hoya said as he let go off her shoulder and walked towards the others.

 

“Looks like we need an orb or something…” Chorong said as she observed the three holes. “Oh! Look… There’s something here…” Chorong said as she wiped the dust that covered something. “It’s not that clear but I’ll try to read it…”

 

“‘Thou seek new path ahead. Three unite as one. Deep inside forest lies the three thee seek.’” Chorong squinted her eyes to read more carefully, “I can’t read some of the next parts… Only ‘flame’ ‘sky’ ‘unite’ ‘purple’… What that supposed to mean?”

 

“Maybe we need to find these three mysterious things to break the barrier! It said inside the forest! Let’s find it then!” Naeun said as she happily skipped towards the forest.

 

“Let’s go…” Woohyun said as the others followed Naeun. But as soon as they all entered the forest, they spotted Naeun standing there doing nothing. Considering how quick she walked, there must be something that stopped her tracks.

 

“What’s wrong, Naeun?” Myungsoo asked while stepping closer to her. The girl didn’t say anything but pointed at the roads ahead. All of them looked in front of them and soon their eyes widened when they see it.

 

There are three different roads, and it seems the roads were long. “We need to split up or we couldn’t make it in time.” Eunji said as she looked at the roads.

 

“Myungsoo and I will go to that path!” Naeun shouted as she pointed the path that lead deeper into the forest. “Darkness and Wind is my specialty! It should be fine!” Naeun said excitedly as she grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and dragging him towards the roads. “We’re off! Bye!”

 

“Then I’ll take that road.” Hoya said calmly as he pointed at one of the road without any specific matter. He walked towards the road but then stopped to look at her. “Do you want to come with me, Eunji?” He asked.

 

“Eh?” Eunji blinked as she looked at the man in front of her before turning her head towards the oldest people among the group, Woohyun and Chorong, asking for permission. Both of them nodded in agreement, made Eunji smiled wider. “Thank you! I’ll do my best!” She said excitedly as she walked towards the road with Hoya.

 

And so they split up into three groups to find something look like orbs to fill the three holes.

 



Oi! I'm back! Sorry for not updating in a month! TT^TT

Anyway, I hope you like this chap! Until then! Byeeee~~