Chapter 4;

Until You Take Me

C H A P T E R 4 ;


 

Chanyeol was at a loss for words. It wasn't everyday that someone would voluntarily want to have the life out of them by a vampire, more rarely, by him. 

Chanyeol put even more distance between them, searching Baekhyuns eyes for any possible hint of hoax. "What?"

Baekhyun slowly let his head fall, starring intently at his hands. "Please." I don't want this anymore.

Chanyeol held the others head up. He was never one to enjoy putting others lives to an end. It became his job, weather he wanted it or not- and he definitely didn't. He couldn't do something like that to Baekhyun, a life isn't something to take for granted. "And what if I refuse." 

He paused. Not because he didn't have an alternate plan, he didn't want to have to say it. "I'll find someone who does."

Chanyeol began to feel a sudden surge of rage at the response, gritting his teeth. "You would honestly let someone take your life? Someone who doesn't deserve it? I don't care how horrible you think your life is...it's not worth it." 

Chanyeol rose from his spot, walking towards the door.

"Then I'm leaving-"

"No you're not." He closed the door. Turning around, he melted the edges near the doorknob before descending the staircase. 

Baekhyun's ears perked at the unusual sound he heard from the other side of the door. He made his way over and attempted to open the door but it wouldn't budge the slightest. He twisted and turned the knob franticly , pushing and pulling on the door. "Hey! Chanyeol, open the door!" After a while, Baekhyun gave up. He huffed and went back to his bed, conjuring a way to escape.

.

.

By the time Chanyeol made it down to the lower level, the house echoed with noises coming from upstairs.

"Why do I hear banging and shouting?" Luhan asked, looking up from his book. 

"What did you do now?" Kyungsoo stood infront of Chanyeol's path.

"Move. I'm going out." He shuffled passed the smaller, putting on his coat at the front door.

"And might I ask where?" Kyungsoo leaned on the door, blocking the taller again.

Chanyeol's expression was murderous but it didn't faze Kyungsoo, "Down the mountain, I'll be back before sunrise." With that, he monuvered around Kyungsoo, opening the door, and quickly speeding through the snow, disappearing out of sight. 


Baekhyun had given up yelling for help and struggling with breaking free from this room hours ago. From his spot on the floor, leaning against the door in defeat, Baekhyun guessed the time was nearing five o'clock from the look of the sky through his window. 

Kyungsoo and Luhan had come up to talk to him in his forced solitude not long ago. He begged them to free him but they all knew it wasn't either of their places to go against Chanyeol's actions as such. 

Surprisingly, Jongin had come to deliver his dinner for the night. He teleported into his room and, with no exchange of words or hardly any eye contact, he vanished to the lower level just as quick as he came. 

After he finished his dinner he placed the plate and utensils on the dresser closest to the door. He slipped into bed, deciding sleep was much better than waiting around for Chanyeol to return at dawn, as Kyungsoo had informed him earlier. 

Why does he care what I do to myself? Or what someone else does to me? Me being out of his life seems like a miracle for him. 

Baekhyun thought back to their time in the garden.

That was nothing. More than likely he was trying to bite me and I just got the wrong idea. Stupid. Of course that what it was. What the hell is wrong with me?

His face began to heat up, turning a shade of red. His taunting thoughts and vivid imagination made it difficult to fall into his intended slumber.


"So we're in agreement. You'll keep him safe here for the time being."

"Yes, of course. Anything for you, Sir."

"Our Supreme Vampire Overlord, caring for a human being."

"It seems as if history may repeat itself, as the old saying goes." 

"I will never let that happen. I don't care for him in such a way. I'll be leaving now."

"You don't think he'll actually-"

"No. He wouldn't. Our Chanyeol is too much of a brick wall to let a simple pebble knock him down."

"You'll see. It's just a matter of time."


"Are you sure about this Chanyeol?" Luhan asked, leaning towards the latter from his spot on the couch. 

"I'm sure." Chanyeol knew he didn't have to explain much to Luhan, the problem was not letting him know too much.

"I don't think this will work out. From what I can infer, Baekhyun is a bit stubborn. He might just come running back as soon as he gets the chance, no matter the distance." Kai suggested, just as concerned as the others. 

Kyungsoo just might have been the one most uneased, "Chanyeol, did you even consider any other possible solutions instead of acting on impulse like always? You never think things through and then regret your decision in the end." 

The latter crossed his arms, slightly tilting his head, as though to mock the other, "And what exactly do you suggest I should have done?"

Kyungsoo didn't answer right away, much to Chanyeols' amusement. He couldn't really think of anything off the top of his head. "What exactly do you plan to achieve by doing this Park?" 

Chanyeol paused for a moment to get his words in order, "I have my own intentions and reasons." With that, he got up and left the room. He wouldn't say his reasons for doing what he did. I just want to keep him safe...but I don't want him to hurt either.


When Baekhyun woke up, he wasn't in his own bed. He wasn't inside the mansion either. The room had a completely different atmosphere itself in contrast to what he grew accustom to. It was more....homey, to say the least.

Nevertheless, Baekhyun began to panic on the inside though his physical appearance was more cautious. He moved from the bed and over to the door on the opposite wall. Opening it slowly, he stuck his head out, coming face to face with a stranger. Baekhyun jumped back with a gasp, landing on the floor in the process.

"Woah, are you okay?" The strange man with bright hazel eyes came to his side but Baekhyun just backed up, dodging the strangers touches until his back met the foot of the bed. "I'm just trying to help you."

Baekhyun scrambled up on the bed and went as far back as the headboard. "Who are you? Did you kidnap me?"

The man scoffed, "Kidnapped? Sweety you were given to us."

Sweety? Us? "I don't know who you are so don't call me such names. And who is 'us'?" 

"I'm sorry, I forgot my manners. My name is Kim Jongdae. And if you would let me, I'll show you to the rest of the house." The man, Jongdae, extended his hand towards Baekhyun. He rejected it however. Cautiously, Baekhyun stood up and waited for Jongdae to move out of the room so he could follow. Retracting his hand, Jongdae smirked, "Alright then, follow me."

.

.

The two stepped into what looked to be the living room. It was smaller than the one back at the mansion but, just like the back room, it was more warm and cozy than dim and on the edge of gloomy. 

"Byun Baekhyun?" There were two other men. Well, one looked younger than the required age to be referred to as 'man'. The one that called his name was sitting in the chair closest to the door, the other was sleeping while lazily sprawled over the couch on the opposite wall, a small yet convenient fireplace separating both of them.

"You know my name?" Baekhyun asked, giving himself some space from the suffocatingly close Jongdae.

"Yes," The man stood up, walking over to him- Baekhyun could clearly see his pitch black eyes, "We were told few but much helpful information about you before you arrived. My name is Joonmyeon." He extended his hand and Baekhyun took it, not really giving a second thought to the action. Joonmyeon gave off this aura that Baekhyun can't really explain, it was...just like the house its self- warm and conforting.

"How exactly did I get here, if you don't mind me asking?" 

"You were unconscious when you arrived. Chanyeol brought you here earlier this morning along with your things." Joonmyeon explained.

"He didn't really tell us much." Jongdae chimed in, "He just told us to tell you not to overreact and this is his way of keeping you safe. Whatever that means."

Keep me safe? From what? "Did he say anything else?" 

"He left you this note." Joonmyeon drugged a folded piece of paper out of his pocket, handing it to Baekhyun.


Dear Baekhyun,

Don't hate me for this. I know it was sudden but it's what I had to do. I could not let you follow through with your own plans. We both know that deep down you wouldn't really trust anyone else to do such a task, which is why you asked me. I know it wasn't just because I was there at the moment but because you genuinely have trust in me. I honestly don't know why you would. I wouldn't. But I did what I had to. 

You will be living here for now on. This is the farthest village that is still under my watch, and the safest. Joonmyeon and the others are very trust worthy. I know they will take care of you. 

I also did this so you could start over. So you could leave your past where it should be. And so you could be away from me.


- Chanyeol


Baekhyun hadn't noticed the silent tears streaming down his face. He hastily wiped them away with the back if his hands.

I don't understand. Why would he go through all of this trouble just for my well being? 

"Are you okay?" Joonmyeon put a hand to the others shoulder.

Baekhyun nodded. "I'm fine." He folded the letter and stuffed it in his pockets.

Joonmyeon led him over to the longer couch in front of the fireplace, sitting next to him. "Sehun, it's rude to pretend to sleep when there is a guest."

"Well I wouldn't know that since we never have guest." The man-boy on the couch, Sehun apparently, groaned as he sat up, stretching his limbs, eyes still closed. 

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" Jongdae said mockingly from his place on the chair.

Sehun opened his eyes slowly, sending a deadly glare at the other, also making Baekhyun's breath hinch- his eyes were a scarlet red. Of course, they're vampires as well. Their eyes are completely irregular.

"Well he knows my name now. You don't look like what I expected. Chanyeol has some weird tastes." Sehun whispered the last part, smirking at Baekhyun.

"Anyway," Joonmyeon started, "this is your home now so make it as such." 

Baekhyun had to think about all of this privately, "Do you mind if I go to my room?" Joonmyeon didn't object to it, Baekhyun quickly let himself out. Once he made to the room from before, Baekhyun locked the door and sat on the bed. He pulled out the letter from Chanyeol. He reread it over and over again. 

The more he read it, the more he was convinced that Chanyeol was right. He was letting everything get to him to the point where he started making irrational decisions. Chanyeol was also right about Baekhyun trusting him only. It was strange but Baekhyun just feels like Chanyeol would never hurt him- he has shown him that. 

One thing Chanyeol was wrong about, however, was that Baehyun should be far away from him. There was no reason to. He rejected Baekhyun's request, he wasn't planning on hounding Chanyeol about the topic or forcing him to do anything. Even if that was Chanyeol's assumption, it still wasn't true. Baekhyun didn't want leave because of Chanyeol.

After heavily pondering on the subject, Baekhyun decided to stay. He also concluded his unquestionable feelings for Chanyeol. But he figured that this would be for the best in both of their cases; Baekhyun needed to start over and Chanyeol could get rid of him and his pestering. He knew there was a great chance of his feelings being one-sided in the long-run, so why even bother.


"It's not too late you know." Luhan stood at the base of the steps in the garden.

"Yes it is." Chanyeol was starring out the window, not watching the snow fall calmly to the earth or the small animals running to and from different bushes here and there, just starring.

Luhan began to ascend the steps, stopping a few feet behind the other. "No. He might not have woken up yet. And even if he did, I'm sure he'd come back if you asked him to-"

"I don't want him to." Chanyeol's eyes moved to look at Luhan's reflection in the window.

"You can lie to yourself all you want but you know there's some things that you can't keep pushed to the back of your mind and away from me. You can't lie to me." Chanyeol didn't give a response, leaving a cold silence in the air for a moment. "Fine, do what you want, but in time, you'll see that you were wrong. I know you don't want to have a repeat of your suffering, but I promise you this won't be as easy as the last." Luhan gave him one last gaze through his reflection before returning upstairs.

Chanyeol was left with his thoughts again, which wasn't something he liked at the moment. A part of him knew Luhan was right. A huge part. But something very small was eating at him, urging him to take the actions he did. Clouding his mind, making him think that everything he's thinking and everything he's doing is for the best. That it's benefiting both of them when it's just going to make matters worse. 

He was well aware of his sudden feelings for the human, which is partly the reason why he did all of this. I won't let it happen again.

Chanyeol thought about Luhan's last words: "In time, you'll see that you were wrong."

Let's see how long it takes.

 



 

 

 

Hey guys~ finally got to update this thing. Again sorry for another short chapter and this is the shortest one thus far. Right now I'm just supplying basic information (and hopefully all of this makes sense to you). And I'm still keeping the hiatus status on the story because- still- of all the homework, and exams that'll be coming up soon, I don't know if I'll have time for anything. Again, thank you very much for reading and I hope you had/have a great one~!

고마워~