Chapter 2

The Story Of Life

 

Jongup woke up to the sound of someone vomiting. He realizes that Daehyun’s not on his side of the bed anymore. Feeling worry, Jongup hurried himself to the bathroom to find Daehyun on his knees in front of the toilet. He ran towards Daehyun and kneel beside him, caressing his back.

When Daehyun felt his stomach can’t spew anymore, he grab a hand towel to wipe his mouth and flush the toilet with his other hand. He lean his head on Jongup’s shoulder with closed eyes, feeling weak.

“Are you okay?” Jongup asked worriedly. Daehyun shakes his head, clinging to the younger. “Can you walk? Do you want me to carry you to the bed?” Jongup tried to making the older feel better by caressing the later’s arm. “Yes please.”

Jongup carry Daehyun bridal style and put him on the bed. Daehyun watch as  Jongup ran out of the bedroom and coming back a few minutes later with a glass of water. Daehyun put his head on the headbord and take a sip from the glass.

“You should rest, I’ll call Youngjae to tell him that you’re not going to the shop today.” Daehyun give Jongup a slight nod. “Can you also please give Yongguk-hyung a text saying that I can’t meet him today?” Jongup kissed his forehead and nod. “Of course.”

Daehyun doze off until he felt a hand caressing his hair. He opened his eyes and see Jongup already in his suit. “You’re leaving already?” Daehyun’s voice sounds disappointed. Jongup give him a nod.

“I’ll be back to bring you lunch at noon. Just rest until then. I’ve put your breakfast on the night stand, you should eat a little, okay. Get well soon, baby.” Jongup gave him a goodbye kiss and stare at him for a moment before he walked out of the room.

 

--

 

When Jongup arrived home, he find Daehyun in the living room watching TV. “feeling better?” he sit beside his fiance and kiss the side of his head. “Never better.” Daehyun give him a crescent smile.

“You hungry? I brought Chinese, let’s eat together.” Jongup pull the older’s hand with him as they walk to the dining table. “I’m kinda full, you eat, I’ll accompany you.” Jongup give him a face and see his breakfast on the counter.

“You don’t even touch your breakfast, how can you be full?” Jongup asked him unconvinced. “I just had a glass of milk, I don’t feel like eating these days.” Daehyun sitted himself on the dining table.

“At least eat a little, you’re getting skinnier these days, come on, just a few bites?” Jongup plead a little. Daehyun look at Jongup with a pout and sigh. “Fine.. But just a few bites, okay?” Jongup’s face lightened and sitted himself beside Daehyun so that he can feed the latter.

After they’re done with lunch, they decided to watch TV. A few minutes has past and Daehyun realize that the latter’s keep glancing to his watch. “Just go back to the office, will you?” Daehyun started to get annoyed. Jongup startled and face his fiance. “What?”

“Just go back to the office, I’m fine, Don’t worry about me.“ Daehyun gave him a reassuring smile. Jongup stared at him, not so sure if he should go. He take another look to his watch and go back to his fiancé. Daehyun gave him a convincing look and the latter just sigh.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jongup ask once again as he stand after putting on his shoes. “I’m as good as new. Don’t worry.” Daehyun smiled at the latter and lean in for another goodbye kiss. “I’ll be home at 7. Just rest, okay? You better be fine when I got home.” Jongup give him another unconvinced look before he walk out of the door to the office.

 

--

 -chatroom-

BangYongguk: I’m almost there..

Dae: Can’t wait! Hurry!

BangYongguk: Dae..

Dae: What? Don’t tell he can’t come!

BangYongguk: No, he’s with me now

BangYongguk: but, Dae..

Dae: what?

BangYongguk: Please don’t say anything weird..

Dae: What?! Of course! LOL ;)

BangYongguk: even if I can’t hear you right now but I’m pretty sure that ‘LOL’ means ‘evil laugh’..

 

Daehyun laughs at his phone. His hyung’s really cute sometimes. They used to joke around back in the day. Heck, until now. Daehyun smiles and can’t help but feel happy that his hyung finally has someone to fall head over heels for.

Yongguk arrives a few minutes later with a cute guy –according to Daehyun- behind him. Daehyun waves his hand to call his hyung. Yongguk take a deep breath and walk hand in hand with the cute guy.

They sitted there for a while, Daehyun, who’s sitted in front of the cute guy, just stare at him in disbelief. Yongguk feels the awkwardness and decided to break the silence.

“Dae, this is Junhong, my boyfriend, Junhong, this is Daehyun, my younger brother.” Youngguk introduced them to each other.

“Hyung... You know you can’t date a high schooler, right?” Daehyun yelled softly to his hyung. “What?!” Yongguk stared in disbelief and Junhong only let out a small laugh. “I’m not a high schooler.” Junhong explained still laughing.

“Oh my god! You’re still in middle school??” Daehyun yelled louder. “Wha?! Are you crazy?!” Yongguk yelled even louder that he have everyone’s attention at him. He bow at them, feeling embarrassed. Junhong laugh even louder at them. “I’m actually 27 this year.” He said while holding his laugh.

Daehyun stared at him in disbelief. “Gosh.. You look so young. And cute too. Too cute for this guy.” Daehyun said pointing to his brother who gave him an annoyed face. Junhong blush a little at the comment. “Thank you.” Daehyun find this extremely adorable and smile to himself. Evil thought suddenly come into him and he decided to tease his hyung a little.

“Oh.. Honey.. Did hyung blackmailed you?” Daehyun give the younger a concerned look. “Yah! Bang Daehyun!” Yongguk yelled in frustration and only get a laugh from the other two. “I was kidding!” Daehyun laugh at his brother’s response. “I’m sorry Junhong-ah, Yongguk-hyung is so fun to tease. Nice to meet you, by the way.” Daehyun tried to stifle his laugh and smiles to the younger.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Daehyun-sshi.” Junhong smile back. “Drop the formality. Just call me hyung.” Daehyun give him another reassuring smile.

They chatted for a while. Most of the time Daehyun and Junhong teased Yongguk until the eldest’s frustrated. Yongguk even thought that they shared the same brain, but his actually really glad that his two most precious person can get along fine.

“I’m going to the toilet, you guys just chat. Oh and Dae, don’t say anything weird while I’m gone!” Yongguk gave a threatening look to Daehyun. Daehyun smirk evilly, “Of course I won’t, what makes you say that?” Daehyun chuckle a little that Yongguk’s sure it’s sounds like an evil laugh in his ear. He just sigh and walked to the toilet.

Daehyun turn his head to Junhong and find that Junhong’s eyes fixed to the eldest back while smiling to himself. Daehyun smiled and can’t help but think that the latter is also head over heels for his brother.

Daehyun  suddenly stand up and sits beside Junhong. Junhong startled when the older suddenly pull him into a tight hug. “aaww, you’re so cute! I like you already!” Daehyun squealed a little. “I’ve always wanted a younger brother, especially a cute one!” he patted Junhong’s head. Junhong laughs and can’t help but response to the older’s hug. “I really like you too, hyung.” Junhong replied with a chuckle.

They talked until it’s late. Daehyun got a text from Jongup saying that he’s on he’s way to pick Daehyun up. A few minutes later, Jongup arrives and sit beside Daehyun. Daehyun introduced Junhong to Jongup. Daehyun want to stay a little longer but Jongup insist him to go home and rest. He was worried that Daehyun will fall sick again.

“You were sick?” Yongguk asked worriedly. “Yeah, just tired, but I’m fine now, don’t worry.” Daehyun shrugged as if it was nothing. “Then you should go home now.”  Yongguk being the overprotective brother he is. “Yongguk’s right hyung, you should rest.” Daehyun sigh to both of them and give in. Jongup intertwined their fingers and lead him to the door. Jongup turn his head to Yongguk and mouthed a small ‘thanks’ to him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: this is it, second chapter, hope you enjoy!