Goodbye

Most Out of Everything ~HIATUS :(~

 

(3 years before) 

The boy ran towards her home holding a letter with him, a letter she gave earlier, her goodbye letter. He stood in front of the unopened gates and demanded for her but the guards said that she does not wish to speak to him. But he didn't give up, he summoned all the breath he had and shouted, shouted so that she could perfectly hear him.

 

"Jessa!!! I know you can hear me! Please....please...tell me why are you doing this?!" he waited for her to come out and tell him everything. All he needs is her explanation right now. When she didn't answer he continued shouting. "I don't understand! Did I do something wrong?! Then let me correct it! Please! I love you so much....please....please...."

 

But all his begging went to nothing. She did not show up, not even a single strand of hair was visible to him. Still, he didn't leave. He leaned on the gates will crying and trying to think of reasons why she suddenly broke up with him. "Everything was alright....why did this happen?" he said to himself.

 

The boy didn't notice that he fell asleep while waiting for her, until her mother came. "Jiyong, I'm sorry but Jessa doesn't want to talk to you now..."

 

"Then when?! When is she willing to explain this?" he raised his voice while showing the letter, not caring whether he's disrespecting her mother. 

"I don't know Jiyong. But I think you should go home now..." her mother also didn't like what's happening but she doesn't want to interfere with her daughter's decisions.

"No! I'm not going home until she talks to me!"

"Jiyong, please. Don't make this hard for her. She's already suffering, please don't add to that." 

The boy suddenly became confused because of what he just heard. "Suffering? Why? What's really happening?!"

"Please Jiyong. I don't think I have the right to tell you anything. Please just leave now. Let her think for a while, and maybe she'll talk to you..."

 

Jiyong didn't like her suggestion but he knows it's the best thing to do right now. To wait. Wait for her to explain everything. Wait for her to make everything clear. He went home, like a zombie, nothing came inside his mind, there's no life inside of him. He loves her too much and he knows that she loves him too, that's why he can't accept the truth that she's breaking up with him. 


 

The next day, he didn't bother to go her house anymore. 'I will give her space, if that's what is needed for our relationship to be fixed...' he thought. The whole day he didn't leave his home. He just stayed inside his room, waiting for her call. When he heard the phone rang, he immediately answered it, hoping that she's the one calling.

 

"Jessa?"

"No...Ji...this is Bom.."

He suddenly felt disappointed, "Oh....why did you call then?"

"Did you know?"

"Know what?"

"......"

"Please Bom just tell me already, I don't have the time to play guessing games with you...." he became irritated.

"Jessa left...." Bom replied, almost whispering.

"Left? What do you mean left?!" His voice echoed inside the whole house. 

"When I was passing in front of their home, I saw bags put inside their car. Then I saw her get inside the car. I tried to talk to her, but before I could reach her the car already left. And...and..." Bom started crying which worried Ji even more "when I asked the guards where they are going, they said they're going to the States! They're not coming back Ji! They're not coming back!" Bom suddenly broke down.

 

At that point, all the life inside of Jiyong's body seems to be drained out of him. He dropped the phone and repeatedly punch the wall in front of him, not caring if his knuckles are already bleeding. For the first time in his life, he was crying. And at the same time, the rain poured heavily outside, like the heavens are crying with him. 

 

"No...no...no!!!!" He rushed outside his home and ran towards her house. When he was there, he shouted again, his voice rivaling the sound of the thunder.

 

"Jessa!!!! Jessa!!!!!" No matter how much he shouted no one came. He looked around, the car's not there anymore, the lights are off. And at that point he finally accepted that, she's gone. She left him without anything. She left him without any reasons.

 

"If that's what you really want........"