The Past

Most Out of Everything ~HIATUS :(~

(15 years before)

"Oppaaaa!!! Wait for me!!!" a little girl said while running hard, trying to catch up with a young boy.

"Yah! You're always so slow Jessa. Hurry we need to go home before it gets dark." the boy said.

 

"Jiyongie you know I'm not an athlete...." the girl suddenly felt something, a sharp sting inside her chest. She stopped running and held on where she felt the pain. The boy noticed it, and quickly ran to the her side.

 

"What's happening?!" he worriedly asked her.

"Nothing oppa, I think I'm just tired..." the girl lied.

"Aish...here..." he crouched in front of her, "I'll carry you"

 

The girl complied to him and let the boy carry her all the way home. The pain eased away, much to her comfort. And slowly she drifted to sleep but not before saying, "Thank you, Jiyong...." 


(8 years before)

The school was filled with colorful banners and stalls. And the two attended the school festival together. 

 

"Oy! Why are you late?" the young Bom asked.

"You know this girl, she's so slow, so never expect an early arrival" Jiyong said while smirking and pointing at Jessa. 

"I am not! It's actually Jiyongie's fault....if he didn't flirt around with those girls we could've arrived earlier..." Jessa pouted.

"Ohhh why? Is my baby girl jealous?" he said trying to pinch her cheeks, but she bit his finger instead "Ouch!" 

"Let's go Bommie" Jessa ignored him and drag Bom towards the center of the festival. 

"Hey wait for me! Aish....these girls..." 


They spent hours roaming around the festival, trying every game as possible. Everything was beautiful, the lights, the colorful stands, prizes, but for him nothing is more beautiful than her. He never told this to her, though, in fear that this might change their friendship.

 

"Are you sure you have to go home? You'll miss the fireworks..." Jessa asked.

"Ohh you know my parents are very strict....Don't worry you still have Jiyong with you" Bom replied.

"But you know 'the more the merrier'!"

"I promise next time, I'll go with you, arasso?"

"Fine..." Jessa finally agreed. 

 

The two waved goodbye to their friend. And as soon as she left, they were in silence. No one said a word as they walked again around the place. After a while, they heard someone shout "The Fireworks festival will start in 10...9...8..."

 

The two were startled by the sudden announcement. They never thought that it will start that early, and they were far from the location were they will get a better view of the fireworks festival.

 

"Aish...I thought I'd get a better view of it this year...." Jessa said, obviously disappointed. She was surprised when Jiyong suddenly dragged her away from the crowd. "Wait Jiyong, we won't make it. See it's already starting!" she said while looking up at the bright colors in the night sky. 

 

"Nah, don't worry. Let's say we're only a little bit late..." 

 

They finally reached the rooftop of the school, both tired of all the running but everything was worth it. 

 

"Wow...." she said. The two looked up and watched as different colors fill the sky. "This is amazing..."

 

Jiyong just nodded and remained silent. He would rather cherish the moment he has with her in silence than waste any moment speaking. All the while they were watching the fireworks, they never let go of each other's hand. Jessa held on tighter on his hand and so does he. 

 

'I wish the fireworks won't stop, so that you won't hear how loud my heart is beating right now....' both thought. 

 

But all good things must come to an end. The festival was closing. And as soon as the fireworks ended, they were surrounded by darkness again.

 

"Oppa, let's go home. I'm tired already" Jessa said while yawning.

"You're always tired...and...as always...I have to carry you,huh?" Jiyong said pretending to be annoyed, but the truth is carrying her is his favorite thing to do.

"Mmhmm..."

 

The two went home together, feeling tired because of the festival. Tired yet still thinking about how they held each other's hand last time. It was the first time actually that they held hands for a long time. And it was also the first time that they both felt like they're feeling more than just friendship.  

 

"Hey Jessa..."

"Hmmm yes Jiyongie?"

"....Would you like to be my girlfriend?" 

"......"

"............"

"....Yes....."

 

And both slept with smiles on their faces, never gonna forget the time they finally admitted their love for each other.