Final

Let Her Go

 

"Oh! Luhan oppa!" Soojung exclaimed in surprise as the corner of her lips tugged into a smile before running towards the said male and wrapping her arms around him. "What are you doing here?" She asked. The both of them were standing in front of her class with students already surrounding them. Luhan smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. 

Sehun who was about to exit the class which was next to Soojung's class overheard their conversation bit his lip as his heart squirmed.

"Can't I visit my own girlfriend?" Luhan asked causing Soojung to let out a laugh before wrapping her own arms around his waist. That did it, Sehun's heart continuosly broke into a million pieces upon seeing how his  best friends were behaving lovey dovey with one another. 

"What's for lunch?" A passing girl asked the couple.

"Sandwiches." The pair said at the same time causing them to laugh.

"Jinx!" They said as their eyes widened in amusement.

"Jinx again!" They said the same thing again causing them to let out a laugh while Sehun's heart continuosly wrench in pain as he remembered the day he was about to confess to her.

Flashback

"Soojung-ah!" Sehun called the girl who was younger than him for about 3 months. Soojung who had been in the middle of talking to Luhan, looked up in surprise upon hearing her name being called.

"Oh!" formed an 'o' in surprise. "What is it, Sehun-ah?" She asked, looking at him curiously. 

"Can-" Sehun got cut off by Luhan's excited grin. 

"Sehun! We have something to tell you." Luhan said with a smile as he interwined his hand with Soojung's. 

"No.." Sehun thought in horror. 

"We're dating." Soojung and Luhan said at the same time. Sehun faked a smile and congratulated them but on the inside, his heart was wrenching in pain over and over again. 

"I just remembered. I have to go do something. Mrs Kee's orders." Sehun said and hurriedly walked away as tears began to form at the brim of his eyes. He shook his head and quickly wiped away his tears as his walk slowly became a run causing Soojung and Luhan to look at each other in confusion.

"I'll go talk to him. Mrs Kee has been dead for the past week." Soojung offered and Luhan nodded in agreement before giving her a peck on her cheeks. With that, Soojung ran after Sehun.

At the rooftop, 

Sehun stood by the railings as he looked down in sadness. He swore he could've heard his heart shatter into pieces when they revealed that new piece of information to him that he even forgotten their teacher was dead. 

"Sehun-ah!" He heard somebody call him but he made no move to spin around and greet the approaching person. 

"Are you okay?" He heard a girl's voice ask and as he looked to his right, he saw a worried looking Soojung standing there. 

Slowly, Sehun shook his head making the girl grow even more worried. 

"What happened?" She asked him as she held onto his arm. 

"A relationship happened." He told her without looking at her. 

"A relationship?" Soojung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before it finally dawned onto her. Her best friend was in love with her.

"Y-you don't mean mine and Luhan's, do you?" She asked, praying hard that it wasn't. However, her prayers were left unanswered when he nodded.

Sehun spun around and grabbed her by her shoulders. 

"Yoo Soojung! I." Sehun paused, hesitant to tell her. "I love you..but..you don't." He said as his hands slowly fell back to his sides.

"Sehun-ah..." Soojung softened as she looked at him with guilt. "I never knew.. I'm sorry." She said. 

"Why can't you be with me instead?!" He asked, the tears he had swallowed up seemed to be bubbling up again. 

"Se-" Soojung got cut off by Sehun who suddenly grabbed her by her shoulder and neck before kissing her deeply causing her eyes to widen in shock. 

At the same time, rain began to pour down on the pair. There were saltiness in the kiss and at once, she knew he was crying.

As hard as she could, she pushed Sehun away as she gave him a hard stare. 

"If you truly love me, you would let me go." She said softly before stepping away from him and back into the building. "I'm sorry.." was the last thing she said before walking off.

End of Flashback.

It had happened a year ago but Sehun still couldn't let her go. It was difficult especially since his feelings for her was growing every single day.

"I can't forget her but.. I must do the greatest sacrifice for her happiness." Sehun thought as he looked at the couple with an aching heart. 

'I must let her go..' He thought, his heart growing heavier and heavier as he stepped away from the oblivious couple.

As he walked off, he bumped into a girl wearing glasses causing her to fall down. Sehun blinked in surprise but he offerred a hand to help the girl up.

'It's time...to move on.' He thought to himself as the girl stood up with his help.

"Thank you." The girl shyly said as Sehun smiled in return. 

"I'm Sehun and you are?" He introduced himself.

"Minyoung. Lee Minyoung." The girl, otherwise known as Minyoung said with a shy smile. 

'This is it. I'm letting her go.' He thought as he smiled at the shy girl.

"Are you new here?" He asked and she nodded. 

"Yeah.. Could you show me around?" Minyoung asked and Sehun nodded.

"Sure. C'mon!" He smiled at her before he led her off to her first class.

'A..new beginning.' He said to himself as they walked past the couple who were still talking.