Fourth.

Worth the wait

"Dara!" Jongin shouted, running over the girl as she collapsed to the floor and struggled to stand back up.

 

 

 

"What's wrong?" he asked her, guiding her back up with a comforting arm around her waist despite her protests.

 

 

 

But then, he finally found out, his hand feeling all the irregular pulses of her heart in that one movement to pull her up. He stared at her, wishing that it wasn't true.

 

 

 

"Dara?"

 

 

 

She managed to smile back at him, despite the pain in her chest.

 

 

 

"Jongin-oppa, do you remember when you left?"

 

 

 

Without a word, he nodded, unable to open his mouth and speak.

 

 

 

She pulled in a shaky breath.

 

 

 

"About seven years after you left, I collapsed and when I came back, Mrs. Choi diagnosed it as a weak heart."

 

 

 

"Weak.....heart?" Jongin hoarsely repeated.

 

 

 

Dara nodded biting her lip. "Very weak actually."

 

 

 

"How so?" Jongin asked.

 

 

 

For a moment, she didn't answer. No she couldn't answer. She had to breathe for a moment to dissipate the tears, the sadness----else she wouldn't live to be able to tell him.

 

 

 

"So weak that if I ever become too happy, sad, excited or even angry..." the sad smile jongin always thought was beautiful graced her lips

 

 

 

 

"...I'll die."

 

 

 

 

 

He couldn't speak, couldn't scream his frustrations to the world. After finding the most wonderful woman who would ever love him, ever understand him fully. She had to end with a weak heart---------and it was his entire fault.