Chapter 2

The Ending of Our Story
Dara POV
 
 
'Dara-ah!'
 
I almost fall down to my knees when I heard him calling my name. How I miss those lip that used to call my name dearly. I never thought that I will be able to hear it again in my life. His voice.. His lovely voice.
 
I stop at my track for a moment. Battling whether I should stay or continue to walk away from there. Then, I hear it again.
 
'Dara-ah...'
 
His voice break my heart. It sounded so pitiful and sad. My tears start to run down my cheeks again. I don't even want to wipe away.. I just stand there, motionless but trembling from trying to hold all the tears in. I hear footsteps heading towards me from the back. I try to act like nothing have happened. Like none of this have actually have an effect on me. I braced myself before I turn to face him. I wipe the tears away and try to act like usual with a hope that everything will end quickly..
 
 
Jiyong POV
 
I call her name out but she didn't turn around. She only stop at her track. Standing there motionless. I called out to her again.
 
'Dara-ah!'
 
My voice crack when her name come out of my throat. What is this lump that is forming in my throat? Like things is stuck in there and there's a tug at my heart. Maybe because it has been so long since her name came out from my lip. I miss how her name actually sounded when it come out of my mouth.
 
I see her body shaking a little over there. Is she crying? I wonder how can I used to ignore all of her tears. I want to wipe those tears away and just comfort her. My body automatically walk to her. I stop behind her. I can her hear sobbing softly and try to muffle the noise. It's heartbreaking to hear all that things from a whom used to be bright and happy girl. I must be the cause of all of this. How can I not think of her feelings when I leave her all alone at this very park 3 years ago?...
 
 
Author POV
 
Dara with her puffy eyes turn to Jiyong who is standing at her back. A big smile is plastered on her face. It looks so heartbreaking, seeing how hard she try to suppress her feelings. She can hear the sound of her heart shatter when she trying to act like she is fine.
 
' Hi.. How are you? How you've been?..'
 
She try to muster all of the strength she have when she said all those words. There's a hint of sadness in her voice as she ask Jiyong those questions. She knows it's stupid but it's easier to act like everything is fine, that all is okay than to explain why all this is not okay at all.
 
'I'm okay.. And what about you, are you fine? How's your life?'
 
Jiyong answered quietly. He stare at the face in front of him. This is the face that he used to miss everyday, the smile that he always longed for when they can't meet during the time when they used to date.
 
'My life is perfectly fine. I've settled down already. How's that girl? Are you guys doing fine?
 
'We broke up after 3 months. I don't love her.. She's just.. kind of dull.'
 
Tears start to form in Dara's eyes when she hear his words.
 
'Oh.. Is that so?.. I'm sorry to hear that, Jiyong. I hope you'll find your significant other soon..'
 
'Thank you.. I hope you will too.'
 
'Nahh.. I'm done.. Because didn't I tell you that I will always love my first love? That there is not going to be another after him?..'
 
Dara give Jiyong a sincere smile. Tears fall down her cheeks when she said those words.. The rain start to fall.. One drop, two drops, the rain shower both of them as they stare at each other.. Silently...
 
'Bye..'
 
Without any words to comfort her, Jiyong softly spoke that word as he turn away from Dara. Dara tears fall continously when he start to walk away...
 
Dara just stand there in the rain, alone, lonely and heartbroken... Just like the first time..