Chapter 2

3283200
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO;

 

Dara

"You have five minutes left of your examination." I heard the sixty-year old examiner say. Dara looked up to check the clock and took sight of the examiner. She had bright pink lips like most seniors did, her recently permed hair looks like a bouncy afro and her arms, hands and neck were covered in gold jewelry.

 

How she was able to carry that kind of weight of gold was beyond Dara. Her mind started to linger and realised she only had few minutes to finish her employment relation exams. She took a deep breath and held the grip tighter on her pen and started to write again. After what it looks like a paragraph of decent information, she rested her pen on the table. Dara sighed in relief. She had finally finished her last exam for the year. She was thankful that she could leave this year of university behind her. There were times where she wanted to drop out but she couldn't do that to her brother. The disappointment he would potentially have towards her always stopped her.

 

Just thinking about it caused a strain in her shoulders. Dara immediately rubbed the pain and looked around the room. Hoping she wouldn't catch sight of people that caused her so much turmoil this semester. When she caught sight of one of them she quickly turned away. She didn't want either of them know that she still withered in pain when she thought of them and she was still struggling to believe their betrayal.  

 

When the examiner took her paper on the table Dara stood up, grabbed her bag from under her seat and went down the stairs of the examination building. Dara was thankful that she had spent her break up focusing on her exams rather than her actual break up. But now, Dara has no distractions and the thought of it started to creep up into her chest and the familiar tightening returned. Now nothing was to stop her from remembering, nothing to stop her from pain even for a second. She had nothing left to give. Dara was tired of who she was, who she was not labelled and what labelled her.

 

She had heard the whispers throughout the campus but she also heard the praises Kai got for having kept such an affair a secret for so long. Dara also heard the support he had obtained. Only a handful had symphatize with her, those who knew her brother felt sorry for her. Though they had told her what a dirt bag Donghae  had been, they we're Chanyeol's friends, not hers. But their support only did Dara so much that she didn't have a true friend she could lean on.

 

She only had Chanyeol but he was on the other side of the world and she couldn't go tell him about Donghae. Chanyeol would kill him twice over and then for her being stupid enough to let him do that to her. No. She couldn't tell her brother, he had enough on his plate and she didn't want to tarnish his visit with news that would no doubt upset him. So Dara just kept it to herself but she knew Chanyeol would find out. He always had a way of finding out. One of his friends would tell him. Dara knew it would only be a matter of time until he would comfort her, to confess what the dirt bag did to his little sister.

 

Chanyeol had always enlisted his friends and their brothers to help him take care of Dara when he graduated from high school. Her brother wouldn't let Dara go through high school without any kind of protection. Chanyeol and his best friend, Jaejoong, had ruled their high school. All the girls love them and all the boys wanted to be associated with them. He had shielded her from the high school she knew existed, Dara knew it would have been worse for her if she didn't have a brother. She owed her brother everything, her apartment in the city, away from their folks and paid for everything that came with the apartment; bills, the maintenance and furnishing. She loved her brother with all her heart and the fact that he was coming home from New york in a matter of days makes her smile.

 

"Dara, hey!" she heard behind her as she reached her car keys in her hand and ready to go. Dara turned to see Lee Chaerin running towards her. Chaerin, she was nice, she had always been nice to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter