Chapter 1

3283200
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE;

 

Jae

"Jaejoong, did I wake you up?" he heard hazily over the phone, he winced at the sound of his full name. His family only referred to hom as Jaejoong, the rest of the world reffered him as Jae. But there was one exception, Chanyeol Park. He was Jaejoong when he needed something, and those days were a rarity. Jae rubbed his eyes to see that it was past seven in the morning. He groaned at the sight of the time and to see the sun was hidded behind the clouded skies.

 

"No, what's up?" Jae replied as he climbed out of his bed and opened the window to smell to the smell of Tokyo, Japan in the morning. As Jae looked out of the view of the city he could hear his best friend sounding frustrated over the phone. He shook his head in an effort to wake up properly before he made his way out of his bedroom and into the living room. 

 

Jae and Chanyeol had been best friends since they were kids. They both had the same dreams and went their own pursuit of happiness. They both worked hard at school and grew up in the residential area of Busan, South Korea. When Jae and Chanyeol got accepted to the top university in America, they were the talk of town. Jae owed everything to Chanyeol. If it weren't for him, Jae wouldn't have survived the university or recieved a promotion in Japan, which Chanyeol deserves more than him.

 

But he knew Chanyeol wouldn't call him at this kind of hour if it weren't important. He knew the importance of Chanyeol's morning call and presence at the New York City Office. They both worked for YG&SM accounting firm, one of the leading firms in every country. Although New York was lucrative, Jae held one of the Japan's head office positions, practically Chanyeol's boss.

 

"Dude, you know the C-Jes account?" Chanyeol asked as he heard the clatter of papers at the sound of erratic typing.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"IRS is looking into it, claiming fraud. YG&SM are in trouble Jae, and I could be fired. I handled the account remember?" Chanyeol said reminding him. "! That could be our asses on the line. What the hell happened?" Jae asked, utterly shocked at the circumstances his best friend was in. Having once worked at New York office, by association Jae too would get a looked at.

 

"Frauds gone back long before we picked up the accounts but it doesn't look good, even for us. This account could ruin the company's reputaion."

 

"Anything I can do?" Jae asked.

 

"Nah, I don't want to put this kind of pressure on you. You have your own problems in Japan, but listen, I do have one favour to ask. " He heard as he walked over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter