Fifteen years ago

3283200
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteen years ago, they formed a circle around the water tap againts the brick wall of the house. One by one they filled a box with different coloured water balloons. As he tied one of the balloons, Jaejoong quickly turned to see his teenage brother laughing and shaking his head at them. "Make sure mom doesn't catch you, Jae!" Yochun yelled, "I won't!" He called out as he turned his attention with the water balloons. 

"If we hit them enough, they'll leave us alone." Chanyeol said. Jaejoong looked at his best friend as he handed out the small coloured balloon. "Chanyeol, don't lie! You liked Chaerin!" Kris teased. For an eight year old, Kris towered over their group of friend along with Chanyeol. Ever since prep, they had been in the same classroom except for Tao, Kris' brother. Chanyeol gagged before turning off the tap.

"Chaerin's pretty." Hyun Joong pointed out as he stared at the blue balloon in his hand. Jaejoong watched as Hyun Joong shrugged his shoulders to the group. Chanyeol laughed loudly, "Yeah! Pretty Annoying!" Hyun Joong's face contorted at Chanyeol's comments, Jaejoong nudged him with the shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile.  "Can we not hit, Minzy? She helped me home when I fell on my bike last week." Jaejoong said as he took few balloons off Tao.

"Fine! We won't hit her. Kris hyung go get the super soakers and we'll surprise them from the bushes of the old man's garden." Kris nodded at Chanyeol. Jaejoong placed the water balloons in the pockets of his shorts, he adjusted his beanie as he quickly rolled the sleeves of the long sleeved shirt his mother choose. "We should go before we get caught!" Tao warned. If they were to go back near the deck, they would all get caught.

Jaejoong led them at the side of the fence. Chanyeol reached up and unlatched the gate and held it open for their friends. Jaejoong waited until all his friends made through the gate and towards the driveway."Kim Jaejoong! "He heard his mother yell. Jae let out a heavy sighas he nodded at Chanyeol to go ahead before closing the gate. He turned around to see his mother tapping her foot at him.

She's mad!

"Are you going to hit those nice girls with water balloons?" she asked already knowing the answer. Like any other young boy not wanting to get in trouble, Jaejoong lied. "No, mom! I swear, I wasnt!"

"Don't you dare lie to me Kim Jaejoong!" the corner of his mother's mouth twitched. Jae stucked his hands inside his pockets and felt the water balloons. His eyes fell to the concrete path instead of his mother's disapproving brown eyes. He heard footsteps and raise his head to see his father walk over and stand next to Jae's mother. "Come on, Mi Kyung. He's just being a kid." his father, Soo Man, defended.

"Soo Man, I don't want the poor girl's parents in our door step." His mother explained, the irritated tone in her voice is clear. Jae looked at his father and silently plead for mercy. "We weren't going to hurt them, Mom. We're just gonna scare them, honest!" Jae pouted. He knew his mother hate it when he pouted, it was her form of weakness and he hoped it would get him off the hook.

"Your mother's right Jae. You could hurt those girls.  How about come with me and help me with the barbeque? Then you can go play with the other boys, what you say?" his father asked. Jae watched as both parents looked down at him. He let out an irritated huff as he pulled his hands out of his pockets. "It's not fair!" Jae mumbled before following his parents back to the party. He watched his parents hold hands and the sight of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter