~Nostalgia~

Intangible
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! And subscribe! Lol. That's all I have to say...oh! And thank you for the support! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“You should be ok now, Dara.” Daesung informed her as he allowed the water to fall back into the bowl. Dara nodded and sighed. “Are you sure you don’t want to go back to your world to get better care?”

 

    “It’s fine. Jiyong will throw a hissy fit if I left. But thank you, Dae. It feels a lot better.”

 

    “I’m glad. And I know Jiyong hyung can be a little bit a jackass sometimes but he means well. And I know he cares about you.” Daesung smiled warmly.

 

    “I really don’t know what to think with that guy. He can be such a jerk sometimes but sometimes he can be nice. I just don’t get him.”

 

    “That’s hyung for you. Try to be patient with him. He’s been through a lot and he’s only recently been starting to go back to normal again.”

 

    “Does this have anything to do with Sandara?”

 

    Daesung paused for a moment and bit his lip. Dara just shook her head, feeling guilty for putting him in an awkward spot. “Nevermind. You don’t have to tell me. I was just curious. I shouldn’t be butting into other people’s lives.”

 

    “Oh, it’s not that. It’s just---well, it’s just something that we don’t normally talk about around here. Talking about it makes Jiyong hyung angry and he’s not a very pleasant person when he’s mad.”

 

    “I’ve noticed. All I know is that she died but I don’t know how. But it must be pretty horrible if it can cause Jiyong that much pain.”

 

    “Sandara didn’t just merely die…she was...killed.”

 

    Dara’s eyes widened. “Wh-what?”

 

    “I-it’s a pretty heavy story to come by. I know the story very well but...it’s not mine to tell.”

 

    “I understand. Thanks anyway.”

 

    Daesung nodded and disappeared into the hallway again. Dara slowly stood up, mindful of her aching muscles. She looked down at her torn and dirty clothes and groaned. She looked absolutely horrible! As if by some miracle. Bom came by with a stack of clothes in her hand. She smiled at Dara kindly before handing her the stack. “Here. I’m sure these will fit you well.”

 

    “Thanks, Bom Hey, is there anywhere I can bathe?”

 

    “Of course! There’s an awesome hot spring not to far from here. I can take you there if you want.”

 

“That be great.”

 

“Let’s go then.”

 

Dara followed Bom out of the temple. As the moon rose in the sky, Dara noticed how all of the flowers in the meadow seemed to glow slightly. Even the cherry blossoms had a faint flow to them.    It was a short ten minute walk to a nearby hot spring. “Here, I’ll start a fire for you.”

 

Bom kneeled down by a small fire pit and rubbed two sticks together. Soon, she managed to get a spark and blew on it. Within minutes, it turned into a nice blazing fire. Dara bowed thankfully and walked over to the hot spring. “I’ll just be over here to keep watch.”

 

“Thanks again, Bom.”

 

“Anything for a friend.” She winked.

 

Dara heaved a sigh and slowly shrugged off her clothes, letting her torn sweater and blouse fall to the ground. She covered herself with her hands as she stepped into the water. The warmth of the water turned her limbs to jelly and made all of her aches go away. Whatever Daesung did, sure helped a lot. She couldn’t even feel the pain from the wound.

 

She sank down a little so that the water was at her nose level. She blew little bubbles in the water looked up at the night sky. She was still awestruck by the twinkling stars. For a moment, she closed her eyes, relaxing a bit more. Omma...appa...are you up there watching for me like Jiyong said? She opened her eyes again and exhaled. Her parents were once the light of her life. Their little family was perfect with her, her mother, father, and Sanghyun. They lived in they city with a lot of opportunity. She had tons of friends and she was happy. However, everything came crashing down the day she received news about their parents.

 

She and Sanghyun were watching an episode of Dragon Ball Z, when a knock came at the door. Dara glanced that the clock above the television and frowned. It was almost midnight, their parents were still not back yet, and she couldn’t imagine someone knocking at their door at the time of the night. She quickly threw a blanket over her shoulder and ran to the door.

 

She peaked through the little hole in the door and saw a policeman standing on their doorstep. Her eyes widened as she quickly unlocked the door and opened it. The policeman, upon seeing her, removed his hat and bowed to her, his expression grim. “Are you the Parks’ daughter?”

 

“Y-yes….why?”

 

“Noona, who’s at the door?”

Sanghyun emerged from the couch and walked over to the door. He saw the policeman and frowned. Dara pushed him behind her and  nodded for the policeman to continue. “I’m so sorry, my dear, to inform you that your parents were found dead at the scene of a very serious accident. It seems, their car flipped over and toppled off the side of the road.”

 

“Wh-what? H-how did this happen?”

 

“We are still investigating, I’m afraid. But it looks like due to the icy roads, you father lost control of the wheel. I am very sorry for your loss.”

 

Dara remembered that day so vividly, as if it happened only yesterday. She was sixteen at the time of the accident and Sanghyun was thirteen. It had been three years since that day and yet she relived it every waking moment. It hurt thinking about it but she knew she couldn’t keep holding onto the past. She would never be happy if she did. Instead, she decided to be strong and things worked out pretty well. She managed to finish college and then moved to this town with Sanghyun about four months ago. Even though things were not the same and she left a lot behind, she was happy living with her grandparents. They were nice people and they welcomed them with open arms. She couldn’t be more thankful for such wonderful people such as them.

 

She wondered if Jiyong would be able to find happiness again. The poor guy seemed absolutely tortured over his beloved and there wasn’t anything she could do about it. Dara sat up slightly as she sat a streak of light across the sky. Ah, a shooting star! She clasped her hands together and closed her eyes. Oh, shooting star….I wish that Jiyong finds happiness. That guy really needs to lighten up more and stop being so grumpy. She opened her eyes again and leaned back against the rocks.

 

However, she twitched when she felt as if someone was watching her. She looked around the area, scanning for any signs of danger but she could not sense any. Her eyes did land on a head sticking out from the rocks a few yards away. Her face turned bright red as she let out a scream. “AHHHHHH!”

 

Bom rushed to her aid at once and frowned when she saw Dara covering herself, her cheeks practically glowing red. She looked around and saw someone fleeting back. Her eyes narrowed as she saw the perp try to sneak away. “TAKE ONE MORE STEP AND SO HELP ME, I WILL TEAR OFF YOUR BALLS!, YOU DAMN ERT!!”

 

“GAH!”

 

The ert turned, revealing himself to be Seungri. Bom placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. “You are so predictable, Rat!”

 

“I didn’t mean to! It was an accident!”

 

“Accident my , ert! Just wait until I tell Chaerin! She’s going to fry your damn erted to hell!”

 

“Bom, noona! Please have mercy! I’m a man! I’m weak!”

 

Bom sighed and turned her attention back to Dara who was now getting dressed, her face still glowing red. “What do you sa

Please log in to read the full chapter