Request of a Challenge

AMIGO!

Okay here’s my next chapter…
---------------




Chapter 2: Request of a Challenge



Jong Hyun was exasperated from taking in the entire lecture. Already finished with class he didn’t think it was going to be so boring. Yawning out long and loud, tears welled up on the rim of his eyes. It was dark in the halls; Jong Hyun had emptiness within his gut. The fear of the night came over him since he was alone. He paced across through the halls outside, but stumbled upon a melodic sound. It sounded as if coming from a distant. Only thinking to himself, why would someone be playing music so loud during the night. It was kind of creepy especially in the night. He follows the tune as he finally reached the melody coming from behind the recital room. Jong Hyun peeped through the narrow window to the room but didn’t see a thing.

Sighing to himself, what is he doing, he thought. This is not cool; looking at who’s playing music in the night seems to be a little nosey. Finally pulling himself together, he wanted to know who it was so he slowly and carefully opened the door only making an open slit to see almost everything in the room but not to be spotted. Jong Hyun’s eyes wondered around the room as he peeked through the open slit of the door.

As the melody continued he recognized that it was the piano being played. The melody was played beautifully but it was so sorrowful. Jong Hyun had never really heard such music of sorrow. It sent quivers down his spine, but in a good way.

Still peeking through he saw the piano and the hands playing on the keys. They were pale hands that linked to long slim arms. The curiosity of Jong Hyun’s mind just wanted to know who was playing this mournful piece of music. So he opened the door a bit wider very silently and as he did, those slim arms were….Sunmi’s!

Jong Hyun was completely surprised in every way. Now as he listened to the music he was beginning to understand about Sunmi. She must be sad about something, which made her play the sorrowful piece of music. Jong Hyun stared at her expression and it was different. Her eyes were calm and focused on the music sheets. It seems as if she was almost forming a slight smile.

Jong Hyun didn’t understand what was going on with him all of a sudden, his heart was beating harder and slower as if he was becoming nervous. He couldn’t believe this was happening to him, is he falling for her? No! He thought within himself, he’s feeling pity, yeah. It’s pity he feels for her. But the curiosity in his mind just kept wondering that he opened the door much wider that it knocked something down from behind the door leaving a loud sound as it fell to the floor.

It was over. Sunmi quickly turned to the doorway but the only saw the door slowly shut by itself. Sunmi went to the door and looks out both ways down the halls but saw nothing. The cold air blew, making her shiver. Well it was getting dark, maybe she should head back to her dorm. Sunmi closes the door as she went back in the recital room.

On the other hand, how come Jong Hyun wasn’t spotted? Well luckily there was a big trash bin nearby that he hid behind it.

“Okay Jong Hyun, never ever wonder around at nighttime again,” he whispered as he softly slapped his cheek with both his hands.

Jong Hyun quickly got up and rushed down the hall trying to get away before Sunmi comes out of the room again.

-----

As Jong Hyun walked quickly through the halls he reached his dorm. He lets out a breath, for he became tired from pacing down the hall in the dark. He was too tired to go through his bag for the keys to his dorm so he knocked on the door. But his roommate didn’t open.

“Aish,” Jong Hyun whispered under his breath, “please open up, it’s me…Jong Hyun-ah.”

There still was no answer. Suddenly down the hall there was a figure coming towards Jong Hyun’s direction. It was dark and dreary. The fear in Jong Hyun rushed all over his nerves making him grab his cell phone from his sweater pocket. He pressed a button on his phone making the phone’s light shoot straight out at the figure.

“Oh…Sunmi…” the unsettledness of Jong Hyun’s voice answered.

She sighed staring towards Jong Hyun. Why is it that they always meet like this? Sunmi slowly walked pass him but was pulled back. Jong Hyun grabbed her by the shoulder. Sunmi was really getting annoyed by this guy, who does he think he is just pulling her back like this?

“What’s your problem,” Sunmi sternly questioned Jong Hyun, “get your hand off of me!”

“Well sorry,” Jong Hyun replied back as he pulled his hand back to his side, “it’s just that I left my keys in my dorm and my roommate won’t open up.”

Obviously that was a lie. What does Jong Hyun have in his mind? He looks into Sunmi’s eyes where she looked at his with the same cold eyes that always made Jong Hyun wondered about. Staring into each other’s eyes, Sunmi noticed that his expression wasn’t normal; it was like he’s trying to read her.

She quickly broke the mood by turning around and walked away. Jong Hyun slightly flinches from Sunmi’s sudden move. He felt low from the fact that she just left like that. He saw that she’s really not caring. No wonder she’s known as Mean Prodigy Sunmi. Another thought to that, Jong Hyun remembered her remarkable play in the recital room where he almost got caught.

“That was really some sad music you were playing in the recital room,” Jong Hyun said loudly enough to get Sunmi’s attention.

Sunmi stopped walking and just stood there. Jong Hyun slightly leaned to his side and stared to her backside. So he got a reaction from her. Why would Jong Hyun tell her straight out that he was the one spying on her a while ago? Sunmi turned around as she paced towards Jong Hyun and came in close to him.

“Look Mister, I’m pretty sure that you like me and all but you think that stalking me is going to do you any good into getting me,” Sunmi spills over to Jong Hyun and harshly nudges him to slightly move back timidly, “well you’re wrong. I’m not those type of girls that you can just look and get your satisfaction okay.”

Jong Hyun’s mind switches from trying-to-get-a-reaction-from-her to what-did-I-just-put-myself-into.

“Okay, I wasn’t stalking you. I was coming back from class and I just stumbled upon your pitiful sad sonata,” Jong Hyun bickered back at Sunmi, “and I just wanted to know who was playing that crappy piece so I can show whoever how to really play the piano.”

Sunmi squinted her eyes in anger. No one calls her music pitiful and crappy. It was the first time that she’s ever encountered such a crisis. Her heart was yearning to punch the guy out in the face but she had something better in mind.

“You are nothing but an annoying fly that’s going to be whacked where all your guts are to spill out flat like pancakes,” Sunmi replied with much authority, “people don’t know you, they know me, everyone knows me, I’m Mean Prodigy Sunmi, no one will ever respect you like they fear me, once I say out to the public of the academy that you’re a stalker, what’s that in for you?”

Jong Hyun’s heart suddenly started beating faster. Wow, she really is Mean Prodigy Sunmi, he thought. Well that’s true, no one knows him; he would be known as a stalker in the whole school. Teachers and board administrators might even kick him out of the school, that’s a horrible record on his card. Jong Hyun stared to Sunmi in the eyes and this time he really was afraid of her.

“Okay…i…take that back…” Jong Hyun stuttered.

Sunmi rolled her eyes and moved back from Jong Hyun. She can’t believe that this always works. Perhaps she was really mean. From the thought, she only wanted to laugh evilly from being so successful in pulling off these horrible scams.

“Well you can make it up…when someone calls you by your name reply back to them that you’re a stalker,” Sunmi answers as she looked off to the side, “so then I won’t be the one telling the whole academy that you’re the stalker, you’ll be saying it yourself.”

This was really pissing Jong Hyun off. He couldn’t believe that a pretty girl who was so mean would do something so horrible like this. He shakes his head. Then a thought came to him. Maybe he hasn’t lost yet.

“Nah, I don’t think that’s considered a punishment, why don’t I just be you’re…I don’t know…maybe…slave?”

Sunmi became shocked after hearing those words come out of Jong Hyun. He would want to be her slave instead of just say that he was a stalker? What an idiot, she thought. So he really wants to get really close to her huh? Well that’s not going to happen.

“I’m not stupid,” Sunmi replied monotoned, “I seriously think you should just go with my idea.”

Well Jong Hyun’s plan didn’t work but he didn’t mind, he has thought of something else to get to Sunmi.

“How about a challenge,” Jong Hyun suggested.

It was a good thought. Sunmi had never thought of something like this. Why is it that Jong Hyun wants to win so badly. He can’t possibly win. Sunmi’s a prodigy at everything. They both looked at each other while Jong Hyun waited for her answer to accept the offer. And unexpectedly she nods her head.

“So you want a challenge, you got it,” Sunmi confronted.

“Oh…it’s not just any challenge…I’ll show how the real prodigy is supposed to be…’Free-style composition’ can you live up to that,” Jong Hyun said as he leans into Sunmi’s face.

“Did you forget, I am the real prodigy here, you’re going down,” Sunmi says calmly with her cold eyes.

She swiftly walks back down the hall but then again she was pulled back. Jong Hyun gripped Sunmi on the shoulder. She was now staring straight into his eyes and this time Jong Hyun’s expression wasn’t in fear but he was smirking. Sunmi didn’t understand what was going on his mind.

“If I lose, I’ll be your slave, but if you lose, you’re going to be ‘my’ slave,” Jong Hyun spoke in a manly commanding tone.

His voice sent quite a reaction down Sunmi’s spine. She pulled herself away from his hold and just walked back down the hall. Jong Hyun stared at her walking so irritated. Finally, he will show her and everyone who the real prodigy is. This plan is so going to work, he thought within himself.

“Get ready to be my slave Sunmi,” Jong Hyun said satisfyingly as he saw that Sunmi was out of sight and he walked towards his dorm door and dug in his bag for his keys.

 


---------------
okay…thanks for reading…
enjoying the plot ? I hope so
please do comment...