Meeting Her

AMIGO!

Chapter 1: Meeting Her



The air was soft like the felt tip of a falling leaf. It was a good day today, for it was the beginning of winter. Everything seemed so cold, the trees in the still of silence of the freezing weather. But it wasn’t as freezing as yesterday. The building, which seemed like a cathedral had vines off the sides of its already decaying brick. It was an academy for willing students of the arts. On this fine day a young figure with a complexion of a baby, with eyes of pure contentment sat on the bench just waiting for something to happen. He listened to the music with his ear phones plugged in not paying attention to anything but the peaceful melodies of the calm rhythm of the most sophisticated instrument, the piano. Sitting, and slowing flowing with the music, he closed his eyes, picturing the notes being played within his mind. Suddenly he brings his hands out trying to portray as if playing the piano in a major concert, he sat up right tapping his long fingers downward as if playing the notes to the song.

Everything was going perfectly in his mind, his thoughts lingered in between the notes but the image of the young lady appeared through his thoughts. Her fine long hair and slim figure under the long wool jacket that fitted her so perfectly but with the coldest expression and a facial structure of a goddess, with lips that curbed so smoothly. He simply opened his eyes to see a whole load of girls surrounding the bench he sat on. The girls all whispered in each other’s ears giggling as they all stared at Jong Hyun. Slowly realizing that he was already attracting young girls his age. He was stunning to the eye. Fine dark hair not too long in the back that shaped nicely on his neck, on the top, which embraced his forehead that went down to his right.

“Um…hello there,” one of the young ladies spoke to him. Suddenly the rest of the girls around him greeted Jong Hyun trying to put on a good first impression. “You must be the new transfer,” the same girl who spoke to him in the beginning, “I’m Yoona.”

She extended her arm with her hands flat on it’s side for a handshake. Jong Hyun only stared at her hand for a while then shifts his vision towards her face, witnessing an angelic smile with eyes that were full and round only making her complexion seem so pure. Jong Hyun wanted to laugh at her but he was glad someone actually wanted to get along with the new student. So he manages to pull his arm up to give her the handshake. I’m Jong Hyun, pleasure to meet you.”

All of a sudden all the girls wanted to shake his hand. There were about nine young beautiful ladies smiling at Jong Hyun. He was so amazed that he could attract so many ladies at once. Yoona came and sat beside Jong Hyun, making him move slightly away from her. “So I see, you’re a pianist.” Jong Hyun still with his earphones plugged in his ears smiled meekly, making Yoona blush like crazy as he nodded his head. But as his direction was toward Yoona he slightly recognized a lady with an armful of books. Then it hit him. It was the same girl he saw yesterday. What was it, he thought, she was the one with the cold expression. His eyes followed her movements.

“Um…please excuse me,” Jong Hyun says politely getting up from the bench and bows his head towards Yoona and every single girl that surrounded him.

Jong Hyun followed the cold eyes girl from behind leaving the rest of the girls around him disappointed by the fact. Yoona crossed her arms but only smiled.

“Don’t worry girls, there’s no chance he’ll ever get her,” Yoona says satisfyingly.

As Jong Hyun followed behind the young lady, his heart pounded harder becoming excited. He was getting an urging feeling building inside himself wanting to know her. Jong Hyun was a pretty charming guy. He had the looks all the girls fall over for but something didn’t seem right. The cold eyes girl wasn’t interested in him, like the group of girls surrounding him earlier. As Jong Hyun kept wondering as he followed the cold eyes girl, he saw that a book fell from under her arm.

Jong Hyun only reacted to kindly bend down resting on one knee retrieving the book and the cold eyes girl turned around as well as she squatted down trying to get her book. They both reached the book at the same time. Jong Hyun slowly shifts his eyes upward now staring into the girl’s cold expression. He smiled meekly but was unaware that she yanked her book away from him and just left him stranded alone on one of his knees, attempting to do a good deed. Jong Hyun’s mind ran wild. He couldn’t understand why this lady was so impolite. Was it so hard to just say a little thank you? He sighs harshly and got up on his feet. It was time for his first class of the day, which he knew were it was located.

-----

The students walked in the writing composing class and took their seats. Soon Jong Hyun walks in and as he does, every student knew he was the new transfer. Jong Hyun walked up to the instructor and gave him his schedule. It was typical the new student always introduces themselves but the teacher just called out his name and told the class to make him feel comfortable. The class just nods their head. Jong Hyun became nervous after. Jong Hyun bows and as he came up he notices a familiar face. It was the cold eyes girl. She was staring down at her open book not paying any attention to Jong Hyun. He felt somewhat disappointed by the fact, but so excited to know that she was in his first class. Unfortunately the only empty seat was far from her. She sat on the second row up front while the empty seat was in the back.

Jong Hyun couldn’t figure out why she always wore a cold expression but he really wanted to find out the reason behind it. As she thought to himself he walked to the empty seat by a really happy guy. His smile was very kind that matched his almond shaped eyes.

“Hey there, Jinki here, if you need any help you can ask me,” the smiley guy spoke.

It was really pleasant to know someone would be so kind to offer help, but for some odd reason Jong Hyun wanted to get help from the cold eyes girl. He wasn’t sure why but he just wanted to, maybe he wanted to get back at her for being so mean?

The class was taking so long for some reason. Jong Hyun placed the eraser tip of his pencil on his chin. He already knew how to write music, all he wanted to do was to play his music. Back at the school he transferred from, he was the writer for all of the music in his music class, he never really got to play his music, he was just the writer. Jong Hyun stared towards the cold eyes girl and saw that she was taking notes. As he examined her every movement he just couldn’t help but stare at her.

“Yah,” Jinki beside Jong Hyun whispered, “why do you keep staring at her?”

Jong Hyun quickly turned to Jinki. He tried to hide the fact he was staring at her but it seemed too obvious. “Um…who…” Jong Hyun replied dumbfoundedly.

Jinki scoffs in doubt. Of course Jinki knew whom Jong Hyun was staring at. All the guys go crazy for her beauty but knowing what she was really like. “Ha…Mean Prodigy Sunmi,” he answers to Jong Hyun.

Jong Hyun tilted his head in confusion. That’s what Jinki referred the cold eyes girl as, Mean Prodigy Sunmi. Jong Hyun only wanted to laugh as if what he heard was a joke. This can’t possibly be true.

“Mean Prodigy Sunmi,” Jong Hyun whispered back to Jinki.

Jinki nods his head. Jong Hyun only scoffed in disbelief. This can’t be. Whey would someone give her a name like that; cold eyes girl suited her more.

Apparently the conversation between the two ended as well as for all the students. They all started to pack their bags for class was over. Jinki pats Jong Hyun on the shoulder.

“Well, she’s not your type, trust me,” Jinki says clearly to Jong Hyun.

Well that was really forward. Jong Hyun didn’t believe this, how could have Jinki just jump to a conclusion like that. He was only staring at the girl, he couldn’t possibly be falling for her, or has he already had? Jong Hyun shakes off the thought and went towards the door and out.

-----

The room was still so empty. Nothing was put up yet. Jong Hyun set his things out and figures out where should he place his posters and the rest of his most treasured possessions. Today was all right but the people just seem to be uptight about certain things. Finally he put up his clothes but still had to make his bed. He was wondering when was he going to have a roommate.

Jong Hyun sighs after the thought. He had so many things in his mind. He wanted to know what’s with the name Mean Prodigy Sunmi as well. As he thought, again the same image of those cold eyes and her beautiful face appeared within his mind. Those eyes didn’t seem right on her face. There had to be something behind them. Suddenly his door opened and it was a young lad around his age. They both meet eyes and simply smiled at each other. An awkward feeling ran through the air after. It seems Jong Hyun’s roommate was finally here.

“Hello,” the roommate spoke nervously as he placed his luggage and boxes by his bed.

Jong Hyun greets him as well and introduces himself. His roommate was pale and had a somewhat purpleness under his eyes. He must never really have time to take a rest Jong Hyun assumes within himself.

“I’m Lee Seung Hyun,” Jong Hyun’s roommate answers.

Jong Hyun was excited. It seems his roommate had the same exact surname as he did.

“So you’re here for piano as well,” he asked.

Seung Hyun nodded his head. It seems to be like everything’s going to be all right, after all. At least Jong Hyun could relate to someone who was going to be close to him. Hopefully.

Jong Hyun checked his watch and it was almost time for this second class of the day. It was in the mid afternoon. Jong pleasantly explained his situation to his roommate. Jong Hyun as he left the dorm, he felt a bit of pity for Seung Hyun. It was because Jong Hyun won’t have as much time to get to really know his roommate; his class wouldn’t end till nighttime. Jong Hyun with his bag, throws it over his shoulder as he walked through the halls.

“Yah! Babo! Watch where you throw your things,” a feminine voice yelled.

Jong Hyun turned around trying to apologize as he bows. But as he did, he recognized the lady. It was cold eyes girl, well supposedly Mean Prodigy Sunmi. She couldn’t believe it either; it was the same young lad she saw before who really annoyed her. The result of Jong Hyun’s impact left Mean Prodigy Sunmi’s books scattered all over the floor. She tries to clean up the mess as Jong Hyun did the same, while they both cleaned up the mess. There was one last book. They both move their hand to get the book but Jong Hyun got to it first making Mean Prodigy Sunmi grab Jong Hyun’s hand. An amazing warm feeling built inside of him came rushing up to his face, showing every emotion. It’s been a while since he’s actually blushed over a girl and especially not for a mean girl.

She pulls away from her hold hesitantly noticing the lad’s expression and recognized it, the same face she saw from him the first time she met him. Jong Hyun gave all her books stacking them in her arms.

“Well um…here are your books Sunmi,” Jong Hyun says questionably.

Sunmi’s heart jolted as if lightning striked her. No one’s ever called her Sunmi in ages, knowing the fact that no one hardly likes her the way she was all the time. Is this one of the reasons behind those cold eyes? Sunmi was very much surprised by the young lad calling her name, how did he know her name anyways.

“How do you know my name,” Sunmi replies in an unpleasant tone of voice.

Jong Hyun was melting just listening to her speak so uncomfortably, finally he hears her voice, a nicer tone of voice.

“Well I’m in your Writing Composing class,” he answers.

They both got up at the same time. Sunmi hardly payed attention to class unless the instructor was lecturing about something she thought was important. There was an awkward aura building around them, but Sunmi nods her head from knowing the fact.

“I’m late for class…I need to be going,” Sunmi sternly says and walks pass Jong Hyun.

The mood just happened to change into something else. For the first time, Jong Hyun thought she was going to say a thank you... but no. Disappointed, Jong Hyun left for his class as well but only thought of Mean Prodigy Sunmi, she was really actually pretty angelic when she’s uncomfortable. He thought maybe he could make her uncomfortable more often and maybe that might trigger her to be much nicer. Jong Hyun laughed at the thought but it was worth a try. Anyways, it might just be fun.



---------------
so how was the first chapter…I hope you liked it
anyways…it wasn’t the best but I promise it’ll get better soon…^.^
please do comment.. they really keep me motivated…