f i n a l

I Thought We Were Frenemies?

Today was the day school would start again after summer break. His clock showed 6.30AM.

Ring… ring…

Not being a morning person, the alarm clock couldn’t wake Baekhyun up.

7.00AM.

He stirred from his sleep. ‘What time is it?’ he thought.

When he opened his eyes…

Blink. Blink.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S FREAKING 7AM!!!!!!! SCHOOL STARTS IN 15 MINUTES NOOOOOO I’M DEAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!” his eyes bulged out while shouting.

Eunhye, his neighbor, who just arrived at his house, heard him yelling like some crazy man.

“Tsk. That boy needs to grow up, really. BAEKHYUN-AH!!!! DON’T SHOUT LIKE THAT! QUICK! TAKE A SHOWER AND GO EAT WITH EUNHYE!” his mom shouted back.

“Sorry Eunhye-ah. He is such a baby sometimes.” Baekhyun’s mom shook her head.

“That’s okay auntie, I’m used to it already.” Eunhye giggled.

Meanwhile as Eunhye and Baekhyun’s mom prepared breakfast for them, Baekhyun took a shower and got ready in a rush.

Ten minutes later…

“Good morning eomma. Hey! Why are you sitting on my chair?” he sweetly said to his mom then frowned at Eunhye.

“Yours? Peuh-lease? I didn’t see your name on this chair.” Eunhye sweetly mocked him.

“YAH!!! But you know I always sit there.” He then pouted. Freaking pouted.

“Did you just freaking pouted? Oh my God that was hilarious! You should've seen your face.” She laughed crazily.

“Yah yah yah you are so mean! I bet my face looks cute, but you were too shy to admit it right?” he wiggled his eyebrows playfully and finally sat beside Eunhye.

“What the fork Baekhyun… don’t be so cocky please” she face palmed.

“Kids, don’t bicker again! Hurry and eat your breakfast, school starts in minutes.” Baekhyun’s mom rolled her eyes then also face palmed herself.

“OH NOOO SCHOOOOLLLL I FORGOT!!!! BAEKHYUN, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! OH GOD LET’S GO AND EAT YOUR BREAKFAST LATER!!! SEE YOU LATER~~ THANKS FOR THE BREAKFAST, IT WAS VERY DELICIOUS!” Eunhye said while draging Baekhyun out.

“Aish don’t do that! I’m not a doll alright. And it wasn’t my fault. It’s yours! Why would you seat on my chair?” Baekhyun snapped.

“Just shut up Baek, we are late already!!” she said then ran. Baekhyun followed her eventually.

***

Luckily for Baekhyun and Eunhye, their house was just a few blocks from school. So they reached just in time.

“Gosh… that was tiring. Hah~ my breath…” Eunhye said while catching her breath.

“I know right. It's lucky that Ms. Lee hasn’t reach yet.” Baekhyun said and sat down. Eunhye took a seat beside him. She is still tired.

Yes, they were desk-mates.

Not long after, Ms. Lee arrived in class and started the lesson.

‘Ah…… so bored. I wanna bother Eunhye’ Baekhyun thought.

He poked Eunhye’s arm. She didn’t budge. He started poke her neck. She just hissed.

Baekhyun giggled. ‘How I love to annoy her’

He then poked her waist, but she didn’t pay attention to him. Her eyes glued were to the board.

‘Aish… she is no fun at all’ thought Baekhyun.

He then made an evil plan. He tickled her waist.

She then squirmed in her seat and glared at Baekhyun.

“What are you doing actually? That’s ticklish ughhh…” she said in low voice.

“Just wanna annoy you because you looked so serious. Mehrong~” he said innocently.

“Geez. This guy so annoying!” she raised her voice a bit.

“Ms. Jung, are you even listening my explanation?” Ms. Lee said.

“So-sorry Ms. Lee, I’m listening your explanation.” She stuttered and corrected her sitting position.

‘Ugh Baekhyun… Just wait and see what I will do to you after school.’ She cursed under her breath.

***

Once school's over, students went out the school in a hurry. Baekhyun and Eunhye walked to their house together.

None of them were talking. Baekhyun put his earpiece in his ears then listened to the music while he hummed. Eunhye, on the other hand, annoyed by his humming sound, decided to get revenge.

She pulls off one of his earphone. Baekhyun glared at her then put on his earpiece again.

She pouted. She pulls off his earpiece again. Baekhyun put it on again. She pulls it off. He put it on again, and the cycle repeats until Baekhyun was really pissed off.

“YAH! Would you stop that?” he said, annoyed.

“Hmmm… NO! 1-1. Mehrong~” she said then ranaway.

“So you want play a game? Okay!” he then chased after her.

“Catch me if you can~” she mockingly said.

He fastened his pace and caught her by her wrist. Due the the sudden pull, she fell into his arms.

“Ha! Gotcha!” Baekhyun triumphantly said. He didn’t realize that his position with her was too close.

Deg.

It was sound of her heartbeat.

‘What is this? Why my heart beating like this?’ she thought.

DAG DIG DUG DAG DIG DUG DAG DIG DUG DAG DIG DUG DEG DEG DEG DEG DEG DEG DEG DEG DEG /okay we should stop it here =_=/

‘What is this feeling? I don’t even know what it is. But it’s strange. And nice.’ Baekhyun thought then ignored the odd feelings.

He eventually realized that he was still holding her and released her body from his arms.

Awkward.

Neither of them spoke. Baekhyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. Eunhye coughed in an attempt to change the awkward atmosphere.

They walked for a while in silence. Finally they arrived in their house.

“I’mgoingtoentermyhousenowgoodbye!” Eunhye quickly said and entered her house.

“Tsk.What a weird friend I have. Oops. Frenemy, I mean.” Baekhyun said while shaking his head. He then entered his house.

What’s with the strange feelings? Huh why I’m so confused’ he said once he entered his room.

***

 ‘What’s up with those feelings? I thought I've buried the feelings for him since our senior year in junior high school. Why would those feelings comeback again?’ said Eunhye in her minds while lied down on her bed.

“Baek, let’s go to the bubble tea shop once school is over! The shop has new flavors and it seems delicious.” said Eunhye cheerfully.

“I can’t. I have a plan with Jungah already. Mianhae, Eunhye-ah.” Baekhyun answered.

“Oh okay. I’ll see you later then.” Eunhye disappointedly said and went to the park.

She sat on the swings. She then sighed. ’Stupid Baek. Silly Baek. Moron Baek. Ugh I hate him’ she cursed in her mind.

Baekhyun was her frenemy. Or so she thought. But she felt jealous if he spent more of his time with his other friends, especially the girl one.

It wasn’t good feelings, right?

To forget Baekhyun in her mind, she decided to go to bubble tea shop alone.

She opened the shop’s door and to her shocked Baekhyun was there with Jungah.

They were happily chatting with each other.

Wow.

Just wow.

Her craving for bubble tea decrease indeed and her heart felt sad? Empty? Hurt? 

Hurt.

 “Aish… why did I even remember that” she whispered. She decides to take a nap.

Maybe a little sleep can make me forget what happened today’ she thought.

***

“Kyaaaa~ Jeju Island is really the best!” Eunhye said once saw the breathtaking scenery in Jeju Island.

“Whoa~ the view is sooooo beautiful, right Hye?” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, it is.” She answered and took a deep breath.

From afar, their parents watched them spent the day peacefully like that.

“Don’t our daughter looks cute together with Baekhyun?” her mom said.

“Yeah, they look like a couple.” Mr. Jung said.

“Agree, they could be perfect couple, if they'll stop bickering.” Mrs. Byun sighed.

“Well, I believe they would be together in the end.” Mr. Byun confidently said.

“We’ll see, guys, we'll see.” Mr. Jung said while watching Baekhyun and Eunhye chat.

She felt contented. ‘This is so perfect.’ She thought.

She looked at Baekhyun. ‘Why am I always feeling secure, comfortable and safe if I’m with you, Baek? What's this? Is it possibly love?’ she thought and then frowned.

Baekhyun noticed her stare and looked at her intensely.

“What’s wrong?” he voiced out curious thought in his mind.

“N-nothing. I think we should go back now.” She stuttered looked away. She tried to hide her blush.

“You look cute while blushing, Eunhye.” Baekhyun whispered.

“YAH! What are you saying? Are you drunk?” her blush deepened while saying those words.

“I’m serious, Hye.” He then leaned on to give Eunhye a kiss.

1

2

3

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

WHAT THE HECK!!!!! she woke up. She covered her body with blanket. ‘What a weird dream’ she thought.

At least it was just a dream, but I don’t mind if it’s true tho- wait! What are you thinking pabo?’ Eunhye hit her head.

“Aish… this is so frustrating!” Eunhye said.

***

Days passed, month passed, but Baekhyun’s feelings for his frienemy was not passing. Eunhye still kept distance from Baekhyun.

One afternoon, the students in their school happily ate their lunch in canteen.

In contrast, Baekhyun and Eunhye ate their lunch silently.

Taehyung, or well-known as V, who is in freshmen year came to Eunhye.

“Hi noona!” said V happily to Eunhye.

“Oh, uhmm… Hi? Can I help you?” answered Eunhye, seemed shocked.

“Eunhye noona, I’ve like you for awhile now. Will you go out on a date with me?” V said with confidence and gave Eunhye his famous grin.

Eunhye was more than shocked now and even choked on her food. Baekhyun, who is so annoyed in his heart, gave her a glass of water and she took a big gulp.

“Thanks for liking me and asking me to go on a date. But I can’t accept it, V-ssi. Thank you and sorry, once again.” She turned down V’s offer kindly.

V seemed disheartened but still gave a small smile for Eunhye and left their table.

“Well, that’s unexpected.” Eunhye honestly said.

But little did she know that Baekhyun wore an unhappy frown on his handsome face. He didn’t like the fact there is guy who liked her also.

He didn’t know why but he didn’t like it.

Not a single bit.

 

 

 

After school, Eunhye and Baekhyun did their homework in Eunhye’s house. Hours passed and Baekhyun seems bored.

“Eunhye, do you know what a girl likes for a gift?” He suddenly asked Eunhye.

“Gift? I don’t know. I like everything.” She shrugged.

“Aish, you are no help.” Baekhyun tsk-ed.

“Ayeeee why? Our Baekhyun is growing up already? Who is this lucky girl, eh? Mind to tell me?” said Eunhye while messing his hair like a puppy.

“Says the one who rejected the poor guy’s confession. Seriously Eunhye? I wanna give my mom a gift. You should help me instead of mocking me!” Baekhyun defended.

“You sound so defensive. Alright, whatever. Woman likes presents which comes from the heart. So I think anything is alright as long as yo're sincere.” She said and smiled.

“Ah, I see. Thanks for your help, Hye. I should go now, see ya!” Baekhyun’s face lit up like a Christmas tree after hearing her answer and eagerly left Eunhye alone.

“What a weird buddy. Wait- he is always weird. It’s not special anymore. Better finish this before I get detention from Ms. Lee.” She said and continued her homework.

 

 

 

Later at night, Eunhye already completed her homework and decided go to sleep.

TOKKK.

‘What was that?’ she thought. That’s the sound which came from outside her window.

She wanted to ignore it, but the sound came again. Louder.

Annoyed, she got up from her bed and opened her window.

Across her, there Baekhyun was. From his terrace, holding a rose and smiling like a prince charming in those stupid dramas.

Even Eunhye, deep in her heart had to admit that he looks good with that kind of look.

But the question is, what's he doing that, late at night?

Eunhye couldn’t say anything and just stare at Baekhyun like an idiot.

“Don’t stare at me like that! You are going to drool soon you know.” Baekhyun smirked.

Eunhye then gained her consciousness and said, “Errr you fool, what are you doing right now?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer her question, and with full speed and power he jumped into her terrace.

Eunhye didn’t know what to do because of the shock, and after ten seconds of blinking her eyes, she said, “What the hell! Baekhyun are you crazy?” she yelled.

Baekhyun clammed his hands on . “You don’t want your parents wake up now, do you?”

She relexed and got his hand off and answered, “No, but what are you doing here seriously?”

Baekhyun then turned serious, “Hye, I have something to tell you.”

Being that stupid heart her heart was, it began to run crazily. “W-what is that?” she stuttered.

“Hye-ah, this may sound stupid but I think I’ve fallen in love with you. I like you more than a friend, more than enemy. I see you as a woman now, as a woman I love.” Baekhyun said with sincerity in his eyes.

Eunhye couldn’t process what he just said.

‘What was happening?’ she thought.

Baekhyun.

Love.

Her.

Oh. My. God.

Did she mention ‘What is happening right now?’

Yes, she was.

“B-but… I thought we were frenemies?” she said unsurely.

“I thought so too. But I’ve clear up my mind and I can’t stand it when there is other guy who likes you. I want to be the one and only for you. I love you, Hye. Don’t you get it?” He said while looking at Eunhye deeply. Eunhye’s heart fluttered. There were butterflies in her stomach. She couldn’t lying that her feelings for him still lingering somewhere in her. She still couldn’t believe that she still have those feelings for Baekhyun.

She also really couldn’t believe that Baekhyun actually had feelings for her.

“I-I… I get it, Baek. B-but-” she still couldn’t process what he said.

“No buts. I like- no. I love you, okay. For goodness sake, I really love you. Will you accept my feelings or not?” said Baekhyun and then gave the rose to her.

“I’m not going to-“ She said but stop in the mid air.

“To? To what?” Baekhyun nervously said.

“I’m not going to reject you, you fool. I- I love you too, ever since our junior year.” She said that in one breath and took the rose from his hand.

Oh God. That was embarrassing.’ Eunhye thought.

“Did I hear it right? Oh Gosh you scared me. But, thank you so much Eunhye-ah!” Baekhyun merrily said and hug her tightly.

“I can’t breath- you're hugging me too tightly!” Eunhye said while Baekhyun breaks their hug.

“Oh, sorry Hye. I’m just too happy you know.” He now was grinning like an idiot.

Soon, they were both chuckled.

“I love you, Baekhyun-ah.” She unconsciously said.

“Sorry, what did you say?” Baekhyun mischievously said.

“Nope. I didn’t say anything.” She cursed in her mind for say such things.

 “But I heard that you say those what? Three magic words?” he . How he loved to like that.

“Aish, this boy is really! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you-“ said Eunhye for numerous time but Baekhyun cut it with a breathtaking kiss.

They broke the kiss since they needed air desperately.

She then looked at Baekhyun while smiling brightly. Mesmerized by her pure beauty, Baekhyun leaned on to kiss Eunhye again, with more sincerity this time.

Eunhye didn’t protest though, she closed her eyes and……

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

KREKKK…

Yes, that was sound of the door opening.

“What the hell you two doing in the middle of night, kids?” they heard Eunhye’s father said, with amused tone.

‘Oops. Bad timing.’ They both thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE END.

 


 

The Lame Author Note:

So this is how it ends lol. It’s , I know =_= I don’t even know why this fic turned into fluffy-creepy genre like this haha

Please drop a comment about this fic, I hope this one is okay XD