II

Private Parts

*west in literature means an end of something (just like how the sun sets in the west)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

            I couldn’t wait for the photo shoot session after my fashion design class. I get to see the angelic face of the one and only G-Dragon. Again. And I have a pretty good feeling about today. Maybe he’ll ask me on a glamorous date on his yacht, a candlelight dinner on his private jet (flameless LED candles, preferably. I’m not planning to die yet), or maybe even a date at the library. But first, literature class.
            “Hey honey,” an all-too-familiar voice says, causing me to roll my eyes. Hyunjoong takes a close seat beside me. I close my book and take a deep breath. This is not what my life was set out for.
            “All of those benches and you decide to sit right beside me.” I point out, guiding my fingers in the direction of each bench in sight. “And I am not your ‘honey’ for the hundredth time.”
            I scoot away from him and continue reading my book. Hyunjoong was the epitome of Hugh Heffner. , money, and sometimes even drugs—he’s all in for it. How he has girls falling for him, I will never understand.
            “Where are your little minions?” he asks, scooting closer to me. I hear clicks from phones left and right, as usual. If there weren’t paparazzi, there were students which are almost exactly the same at paparazzi except they’re sneakier about things. There’s always some type of rumor about Hyunjoong and I going around, and this is exactly the reason why: he will not leave me alone.
            I roll my eyes and set my book down on my lap. “I prefer to use the word stooges, and they are out getting us coffee before class but that is none of your concern.” I reply. “Now if you would like to leave me alone, I have to read these set of poems before class.”
            “Oh, right. I almost forgot there should always be a cup of coffee waiting for you at your seat by the time you arrive to your American literature class.” he says, crossing his legs and sinking back into the bench. “Well, you know I never come to you without good reasoning. I need your help.” I raise an eyebrow and eye him up and down. If there was something I actually liked about Hyunjoong it would be the schemes he can pull. In the past semester I’ve gone to this university, we’ve schemed against each other multiple times. If we weren’t scheming against each other, we were scheming with each other.
            “What’s happening?” I ask.
            “Well, I was with this girl last night. She was completely head-over-heels hot, and we made out for a really long time.” he explains, my stomach already churning with disgust. “And we were about to have , except that I couldn’t get an ! Do you think I need to go to the doctor or what?”
            “You’re nauseating,” I roll my eyes, grabbing my purse and walking away. I look at my watch. I guess I’ll actually be on time for this class.

            “You’re on time?” Mr. Smith says, more of a question rather than a statement. “I know you love literature, but this is just odd.”
            “I had to make an escape from the Devil. I even walked away in the west direction.” I chuckle before taking my seat. Mr. Smith laughs, clapping his hands like a seal. Trisha and Jiyeon enter the classroom, both of their eyes wide once they see me. Trisha quickly hands me my coffee, giving a little bow.
            “Sorry, we didn’t know you were coming to class on time!” she says.
            “Whatever,” I roll my eyes, flicking my hand to shoo her away. They should always be prepared, jeez. Mr. Smith clears his throat, the entire class silencing down.
            “Alright, well, since everyone is actually here on time, I’ll explain the essay I want turned in by Friday.”

 

            I watch as G-Dragon walks in, greeting everyone with a bow and a handshake. He’s so courteous—perfect for a girl like me. I make my way over to him, giving him a smile. “Ready for round two?” I ask.
            He chuckles. “Yeah, what about you?” he asks.
            “Of course I’m ready.” I reply proudly. “I’m Aubrey Sinclair.”
            He stares at me blankly. “G-Dragon, are you ready?” I can hear my father ask. G-Dragon nods at him and gets onto the set. I observe him carefully. He’s not showing any sign of wanting to ask me to go out on a date (I’m actually baffled that “I’m Aubrey Sinclair” wasn’t enough).
            Does this mean I actually have to ask him?
            No problem.
            I wait for him to finish up his individual shots before making my move. He stands behind my father, looking at the pictures he’s just taken. I grab his arm and drag him to the back corner. “You don’t have to see your own face, you look gorgeous.” I say as I turn around to face him. “Let’s go on a date tonight.”
            He stares at me blankly. I’m getting really tired of his stares. “Come on, it’ll be fun!” I persuade, nudging his arm. “I can rent out a restaurant and we can have a nice candlelight dinner.”
            “I’m actually busy tonight,” he says. “I’m going out to eat with the guys. I’m sorry.”
            He walks away, leaving me baffled. “But wait, we could’ve compromised…” I say softly. My blood begins to boil a little. I let out a small huff in frustration. I’m Aubrey Sinclair. He could make plans with the guys any time he wants. I. Am. Aubrey. Sinclair. Does he not recognize that?!

 

            “He really said no to me,” I scoff in English as I pace back and forth in my room.
            “Maybe you were too straight forward.” Lulu says back in her Greenlandic accent. Lulu never learned Korean, just English, so I have to speak to her in English.
            “But you just don’t deny a date with me, especially if I’m the one who initiates it!” I throw my hands in the air. “Lu, what do I do? I really want this guy! He’s too cute to let go!”
            “I don’t know Miss Aubrey. You’ve never had a problem like this before.” she says, dusting the coffee table. I look at the stack of magazines on the table. On the front cover, there was a picture of Jay Park fixing the cuff of his tuxedo. On his wrist was a watch—perfect!
            “I can buy him a Rolex watch!” I gasp. “He’ll realize how generous I am and ask me on a date as a thank you gift. Then, on our date, he’ll realize how perfect we are for each other and the next thing you know you’ll see it plastered on the headlines: Aubrey Sinclair and G-Dragon.”
            Lulu stares blankly at me, not saying a word. I hate that stare. I really hate that stare. I roll my eyes at her and walk over to my bookshelf, taking out a book. If I can’t live happily in my world, might as well live happily in someone else’s world.

 

            I wrap my arms around G-Dragon’s neck as he wraps his arms around my waist, posing for the camera. My heart hosted a wild party the moment we began the couple shots. My father held up his hand, to my displeasure, and clicked his camera one last time.
            I walk beside G-Dragon toward the computer, looking at our pictures. We were a hot couple, holy . There was only one problem: the lighting on the pictures was bad, but nothing a little Photoshop couldn’t fix. I didn’t entirely have my mother’s brain, but my father’s. Hell, I even thought I was going to be a photographer when I was little. My father bought me a camera and everything. But nope, feminism rules—I found a passion for fashion, but photography was still something I loved.
            It took a lot of holding back from grabbing G-Dragon’s arm and pulling him to the back corner again. No, Aubrey. You cannot be so straight forward again. It drives the boys away. I take a deep breath and tap on G-Dragon’s shoulder. He looks back at me (and very ily, if I do say so myself). “Yes?”
            “I have a present for you,” I say, motioning him to follow me. I walk over to my purse set on the table and pull out a box. I hand it to him, his eyebrows twitching a bit. “I just wanted to say sorry for being so aggressive yesterday.”
            He opens the box, the watch reflecting off of his chestnut eyes. “Thank you, really.” he says. “But I can’t accept this.”
            I can feel my brows furrow. “But you have to.” I nearly plead, instantly feeling embarrassed. I straighten my back. Aubrey Sinclair does not plead.
            “I really can’t. It’s too big of a sorry gift.” he says, closing the box.
            “You’re acting like you don’t have another edition of this somewhere in your closet!” I scoff. I roll my eyes and cross my arms. He stares at me blankly. I clench my fists and tighten my jaw. I want to smack that facial expression right off of his perfect little face.
            “That’s not the point.” he says. I knew it, he does have another edition. I huff and shake my head. He holds the box out to me. “I just can’t accept it. I’d just feel guilty because then I’d be in debt to you.”
            I glare at him. That. Was. The. Whole. Point. “ARGHH!” I bellow, pushing his hand away. “Just keep it! God!” I roll my eyes at him before walking away into the dressing room, slamming the door. I take my shoes off and throw them across the room. God, he’s so annoying!