The Dark Memories

The Cure Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Chaerin’s POV-

My body is trembling as I read those clipping. There are many articles, taken from the newspaper.

An assassination of a family, the Kwon family

It’s written there, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon had been murdered by unknown people in a very cruel way. They were mutilated. And the worst part is... it was happen in front of a 4 years old boy’s eye, named Kwon Jiyong, their only child.

There are also many pictures on the clipping. And my tears flow unstoppably. One of the pictures is a picture of a boy, the same boy on the family picture before. I read the article and it’s written: The survival. Kwon’s child found alive hiding inside kitchen counter.

I look at that picture again. That boy’s expression…. he was scared, extremely scared. And my heart feels like broken after that. He saw his parents murdered in front of his eyes.

I keep reading those clipping and checking the stuffs in the box Youngbae Oppa gave to me. There is a journal, belongs to Jiyong’s mother. And then, I see a small black velvet box.

And that night, I decide to find out more about the man named Kwon Jiyong

 

 

It’s 6 a.m. and I’m already sitting at Youngbae’s office. After last night, I called Youngbae Oppa and asked him to come earlier. I want to ask so many things about Jiyong.

“Seems like you didn’t sleep last night, Chaerin-ah?” Bae Oppa smiles to me

“How come I sleep after I saw that…?” I mumble. My brain automatically recalls those articles, and I’m shivering remembering those pictures.

“So, you want to help me to help him?” he asks

“I think.., yes. But, how?” I bite my bottom lip. I’m thinking so much since last night. And deep in my heart, I can’t blame Jiyong for being like that.

He got such a massive trauma on that age. I can’t imagine if that was happen to me…. well…, maybe I will get depressed then committed a suicide. I won’t be able to bear the pain…

“Be with him, Chae. Help him to face his fear. Help him to remember his sweet memories with his parents. Help him to heal his heart”

***********************************************************************

-Jiyong’s POV-

Those nightmares…. Day by day, those faces are getting clearer. And the pain is also getting stronger, causing me no longer can sleep. Every night, those nightmares always come and I end up waking up in such a miserable condition. The fear is getting real.

I really feel it

I open my office door and get shocked. She is there. My secretary is there, sitting on her chair, arranging her table.

“Good morning, Jiyong-ssi” she greets me, smiling at me. Am I dreaming?

“What are you doing here?” I ask her. After what happened yesterday, she still working here?

“Working” she answers me flatly. Just like nothing was wrong

“I told you to get out” I look at her sharply. She looks up and looks me back in the eyes

“I have confirmed to the HRD and they told me to stay, Jiyong-ssi”

She is back. The bold Lee Chaerin is back. She keeps doing her paper work, ignoring my deadly glare.

“Oh, I’ve prepare your coffee. You better drink it before it gets cold, Jiyong-ssi” she says, and then back to her work. Man, this woman is really something! I walk to my room, take a seat, and drink the coffee she made.

She knows exactly that I always on time. So, every morning, she prepared the coffee I like view minutes before I come. Somehow I feel kinda happy that she’s still here. Where else I can find a secretary as good as her. Her works are perfect. Moreover.., whenever she’s around…, I feel better.

Knock… knock… knock…

Someone knocked the door, snapped me back to the reality

“Come in”

And she opens the door, come in to my room

“There’s a fax for you from Vogue USA. They need your signature and asked us to re-fax this after you give your sign” she says as hands me a paper.

“What is this?” I ask without read that. My brain is so hard to focus now

“Letter of agreement, you’ve confirmed them that you’ll handle the photo shoot for next month edition, rite?” she explains. Damn! I really can’t focus now.

“Oh, ok…” I answer her weakly and sign the letter

“Are you ok, Jiyong-ssi…” she asks suddenly. I look at her and she eying me, looks a bit worry. “That…, is it ok?” she bites her lower lip while pointing my forehead.

“Yeah, only three stitches. It won’t kill me” I answer her coldly. And I see her bites her lower lips again, indicating she is nervous.

“I-I’m sorry…” she mumbles softly with her head down. I don’t know why, i think she looks so adorable on this state. Wait, what I’m thinking now?

My head might resist her charm, but my heart…, ! I thought my heart had died long time ago. But somehow, her presence is enough to makes it beating again….

I stand up and walk toward her, standing in front of her.

“I should say sorry too…”I said it without thinking. God.., being with her is really damage my brain’s function. She looks up heard my apology

“Forget it….” she looks down again. I can see her face blushes a little. “Chaerin…” I call her softly, and she looks up.

“Yes, Jiyong-ssi?”

“Who are you?” I ask the very same question as yesterday, but in a different way

“Why do you always asking that?” she asks me back. Our eyes locked and somehow, I don’t want to leave her beautiful cat eyes

“I don’t know…, you just so…, familiar for me” and there’s a silence between us after that. She looks flustered and nervous.

After a month I tried to avoided her, this is the first time I feel this kind of peace again. Just by standing in front of her, looking her eyes, hearing her voice, seeing her smile…, I feel so comfort. Suddenly, she looks at my face again, squints her eyes

“Don’t you sleep well?” she asks me, looking at my eye bags. Yeah, I looked like a panda these days lately.

“I can’t sleep…” i answer her, still looking deep into her eyes

“Had nightmares again?” 

“Uhm…” I nod lightly and the next second, I feel her delicate hand on my face. Our eyes still locked each other. I pull her body automatically, hug her tight. But this time, she doesn’t wriggle like yesterday, as I hold her gently. I rest my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes, and like the last time at Shanghai, I feel so ease in her embrace

“You must be so tired, right?” she holds me back, gently rubbing my back. And a scene flashes in my brain again

“You must be so tired, rite Jiyong-ah?”

That woman, she spoke to a boy in her embrace. And she called him Jiyong? Ah…, my head...

“Jiyong-ssi? You ok?” Chaerin realizes that I had another flashback. I tightening my embrace on her

“Just be still, Chae. Please…” I beg her as the pain in my head growing more. And she just does what I said. He holds be tighter, patting my shoulder

“It’s ok…,” she keeps comforting me. This is it. I feel very familiar with her way comfortin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter