On the way to school

We'll always be together right?

This year I'm going to graduate middle school and move on to high school which I was pretty excited for.

"Good morning!" I hear someone yelling from a far, I could see that big smile on your face and instantly knew that it was Kim Kwangyeon. My childhood friend, we use to be in the same schools til he graduates as he's 2 years older than me, then leaving me behind til I graduated then entering the same school as him. It wasn't any different this time either.

"We're gonna be late!" I yell back at him, we always met up in the morning even though we headed in different directions. By the look of his black ruffled hair he looked like he just got up and the slight wind wasn't helping it either, his bed head was cute though, one of the first things you see in the morning you couldn't help but smile.

"I couldn't help it, I was practicing last night and this morning. . ." his sentence trailed off as he held up what was in his hand. A bag full of different freshly baked bread. He must have made a detour to the bakery he loved resulting in him being late. 

"It's really happening right?" I asked him while he pulled out a piece of bread for me, it's rare for him to share his food especially when it came to bread but he'll always share with me. 

"Yeah! I'm gonna debut in a band, are you excited?" he asked me. Kwangyeon was going to be the bassist for Startory entertainments new band LEDApple. 

"Of course!" I said as we started walking after I took the bread from his hands and walking into him to bump him lightly. 

"Hey!! Don't do that Mi" he laughed trying to walk straight, my name was Lee Yoomi but he always liked to shorten it, I giggled at him and started munching on the bread he had given me "Thanks!".

I was really excited for him, as he actually played for a while and featured somewhere that Startory got impressed and wanted to sign him on. I felt a little sad though as it meant we had to spend less time together. Sometimes I'll go over to his house though and he would try and play for me when I didn't have any assignments. Sometimes he would try and tutor me though but we always end up getting distracted by video games.

It was time to part as we had to walk in different directions. "See you back here right?" he said I nodded and we said goodbye and parted. 

it'll be better next year, we can finally walk the same way to school!

Finally reaching school and trying to make your way inside in a hurry to get to class or you'll be late again.

Just making it in time as someone said "Yoomi you were going to be late! Be early next time".

I mumbled and thought to myself it's your fault Kwangyeon! I wasn't normally late. I tried focusing on class, but I just thought about after school and meeting  you. 

"Yoomi pay attention! You can clean this room when school ends!" the teacher shouts and points at me. Letting out a sigh, this was the last thing I needed.

 

As soon as school ended I waited for everyone to leave til I could clean the room, the teacher was the last one to leave as I stared out the window, it was a really nice day today with clear skies, just the normal clean the board, putting chairs back to normal and straightening the desk so they would be in line.

"Hey there's a guy at the school gates! Want to take a look?" I heard as 2 girls pass the room I was cleaning. It was unusual for people never mind a guy to be waiting for someone. I walked up to the window to get a look though, pressing my hands onto the glass and looking down trying to find the school gates. 

Immediately seeing a small crowd around one person. It was Kwangyeon. Oh no what we're you thinking coming here! 

I quickly finished the last bit of cleaning trying to clean the board in a hurry, running straight for the stairs.

But if you weren't looking for me I thought to myself, I stopped at the school entrance to see the crowd around you who were girls. I sighed,  is this what it's going to be like while your going to debut, something like this where ever you go?

"Oh Mi there you are!" Kwangyeon suddenly shouts while I was lost in thought, I feel the stares of some girls eyes on me, like daggers I shuddered.

You just walk pass them all and come up to me, I slightly hear some of the girls talking and walking away.

"What are you doing here" I quietly said to him, I didn't want  them to hear what I was saying.

"I thought you forgot about meeting me" he sulked and looked away "So I thought I wait for you here".

"Yah Kwangyeon! I had cleaning duty because of you" I said while slapping his arm.

He just burst out laughing and scratched his head still looking away, was he blushing or was he embarrassed? Its the first time he's come up to school to wait for me. No matter how long had passed we would always wait in our normal spot.

"Can we go pass the bakery?" he asked me while we started walking.

"Such a bbangyeon" I said to him. (Kwangyeon's nickname when combined with bread because of his love for bread).

He just laughed and started walking in that direction.

"I'll get you something this time" I said to him while we were approaching the bakery. When we got inside he'll be like a kid, his eyes  really sparkled when  he was looking at what he would want, I picked up a tray.

"This one this one!!" he pointed at a piece of bread as I grabbed it with the utensils he said "No no, that one Mi!"as he pointed at a specific one, I looked at him and he looked back with his eyes wide open with a sweet puppy look.

I gave in and grabbed that one even if they all looked the same and grabbed something for myself. 

As I was paying Kwangyeon said "Thank you" with a huge smile on his face. 

Walking out the shop we went to find somewhere to sit so we could eat. After finding a bench we both sat down and put our bags down, as I put the bag with our bread onto the bench and handed him his bread. 

"Do you want to split them 50/50?" he asked "Because you picked up something new" he continued on, he must want to try it.

I nodded and we were splitting our bread up as he took a bite and said "This is amazing".

It felt like you were drooling over it, I giggled and continued eating mine. Your expression was really cute.

"We're gonna be in the same school right?" he asked while still eating.

"Yep in a few months" I replied, it was also the time when he would debut though "Will you have time to come to school?" I inquired.

"Yeah, I'll let you know know when I can't make it" he said taking out his phone trying to signal me with it so I'll make sure to check.

 

After finishing our bread, we got up and started walking home, as we split off in different ways we waved at each other.

When I reached home my phone went off, as I opened it and smiled at whos name appeared on screen. Kwangyeon of course. Opening up your message

"Are you home yet? @,@"

I got inside the house before I replied heading to my room after greeting my mum and dad I texted back

"Yep! Are you?" making sure you were as well.

A few moments later when I put my bag onto the desk to take out some work to do, my phone went off again.

"Yeah! You're so slow ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

Then it went off again straight after.

"Thank you for the bread :)"

You idiot I thought to  myself, you're just a fast walker as I replied with

"Its OK Mr Bbangyeon! See you again tomorrow?" 

While bringing my books out I sat on the chair in front of my desk waiting for your reply. Somehow I felt a bit nervous always asking whether we would meet again tomorrow. Looking at my phone as I picked it up after it went off again.

"Always :)"

I smiled and started focusing on my work.