Today's the Day

Dreams Do Come True

   "_______! Quit staring out the window and let's leave! We have a plane to catch!" It was Kara calling for you. You were leaving for Seoul in just a few hours. You snapped out of your gaze and picked up your things. Your whole group made sure they grabbed everything they needed; passports, iPods, even some comfy sweatshirts for the 14 hour plane ride. "Wow, this is actually happening," you thought. You never thought in your entire life that you would ever fly to Seoul, South Korea and work with your idols. It still hasn't fully hit you yet, but you knew something big was happening. Your group began to say gooodbye to all of their family members. Your mother kissed you on the forehead and said, "You've got this. You can do it, okay? Don't worry about us; we'll be fine." You looked at your mother and gave her a big hug before you felt a tear go down your face. As soon as he saw this, your father came over and embraced you. "There's nothing to cry about, sweetheart. You're living your dream after all, aren't you?" he said with a soothing voice. You nodded lightly and gave your parents one last hug. Before you left, you took one last look at your room, stared at all the k-pop posters that hung on your wall, and felt an overwhelming feeling of joy. This was actually happening; you are leaving for South Korea.

     You get in the car and started staring out the window again. "Hey, are you okay? You seem really quiet," said Jenny, probably the closest member to you in your group. "Yeah, I'm okay. It's just--"."You can't believe it either, can you?" Jenny interrupted. "I can't either. I mean, I knew this day would come after we won that competition, but now that it's here it doesn't seem real." It was like she just pulled all of your words out of your mouth. At least you knew you weren't the only one that felt that way. The two of you talked for the rest of the car ride to the airport. You talked about your dreams, your goals, and what you hope Seoul will be like. "I hope I get to work on my voice a little bit. I kinda wanted to work on it here but I don't really know how," said Jenny. "I'm sure either Daehyun or Youngjae will help you out with that," you said with a smirk. "Oh my gosh, can you imagine!? Aghh I can't even think about it! It's getting me too excited!" Jenny exclaimed. You couldn't help but laugh at her excitement."Oh please. What about Jongup and Zelo teaching you how to dance, hm?" she responded sharply. Your face suddenly went from happy to shocked. You couldn't think of anything to say back to her. "Yeah, that's what I thought," Jenny said. The two of you were about to start another conversation when out of nowhere, you hear Faye's voice. "Finally! We're here!"

     All of you step out of the van and grab your things. You enter the airport and stand on line to get your tickets. After waiting for what felt like years, you finally get your ticket. You look at it and see "SEOUL" as your destination. "This is crazy," you thought. You didn't care, however. You were going to live out your dream with your best friends in the world. What more could you ask for? Once you got through security, you knew there was no going back. "_____, smile! You don't look like someone who's about to go and work with people you were only able to see through a cpmputer screen!" Raven said. "Oh, sorry. It's just so real I can't really get a grasp on it, you know?" you told her. "Yeah, I get it. You're happy though, right?" Raven asked. "Are you kidding? Happy is an understatement!" you exclaimed. The two of you let out a good laugh and walked to the gate together with the rest of your group.

      You and your group sat for an hour before you were to board the plane. "Ticket, please," the woman at the gate said. You handed her your ticket, thanked her kindly, and walked to the plane. Everyone got settled before the plane began to move. "Aghh we're going, we're going, we're going!!" shouted Jenny. You were staring out the window of the plane, when all of a sudden you felt the plane lift off the ground. This was the beginning of a new adventure.