One

Call Me Oppa

Qian 9 years old. Kyuhyun 8 years old.

 

She stared at the boy standing in front of the door from head to toe. He has a slim and tall body, maybe you’d better called it skinny. His eyes stared at him with a lot of suspicion. She pouted and stepped back a little when his gaze scared her. Who is this boy anyway?

“Ah Qiannie, meet your new brother. This is Kyuhyun,” said her daddy who just entered the house. He grabbed that Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him to the living room.

Qian who were just to surprised to hear his father’s words, quickly followed his daddy. She looked at his daddy who smiled brightly to that Kyuhyun and let him sit on the couch. The boy only nodded awkwardly and murmured a soft “thanks” to her daddy. Many thoughts running wild on her mind, wondering who is this boy actually. Is he really her brother?

His daddy smiled softly as he looked at her confused expression. He waved his hand, giving a sign for her to come closer to him. She approached and stood beside his father. That Kyuhyun kept his face down, with all of his gloomy aura that hanging around him.

“This is Cho Kyuhyun. He will live with us from now on. His parents is appa’s bestfriend. They lived in Mokpo. They wanted Kyuhyun to have a better education in Seoul. He is still afraid with all of this new environment. So, you, as his older sister, have to help him to adapt with this city. Okay darling?”

“So, I have a little brother now!?” she asked happily.

She is the only child of her parents. She is always been dreaming about having another brother or sister, to accompany her everyday when her parents were busy with their job. Her smile grew wider when she saw her appa nodded. She jumped to the couch happily as she took a seat besde that Kyuhyun.

“Hi dongsaeng! I’m your new noona! My name is Song Qian, but you can also called me Victoria Song. My appa said that it was my international name. My appa is a chinese but my mother is a korean. I will be 9 years old this year. How about you dongsaeng?” she said happily.

Kyuhyun stared at her awkwardly. He felt a little bit scared with this noisy noona. He didn’t want to have her as a noona. But he knew his mother would be angry if he said that.

“My name is Cho Kyuhyun. I’m 8 years old and I’m not a chinese,” he murmured softly before he moved a little further from Qian.

“Yah……!” Qian shouted to see his reaction.

She stared at her appa in confusion. But her appa only smiled softly and patted her back. What a rude boy Cho Kyuhyun.

 

****

 

Again and again she took a sight of him. He still stared blankly at the television, didn’t care of whatever he watched on the TV. His eyes only focused on the TV to avoid his new ‘noona’’s stare. She heaved a deep sighed. Her parents have to go to work, leaving them who is still awkward with each other. He just came to this house 3 days ago, but her parents have to leave them.

Suddenly she remembered when she talked to Kyuhyun’s mother. Kyuhyun’s mother called her father to check on his son’s condition, soon after she knew that it was his mother, she kept nagging on her father to talk to his mother. She said thanks for a new brother that she had always dreaming of, and also complaining about his rude and cold behaviour. His daddy gave a sign to warned her about her rude words. But his mother on the other line only chuckled to hear this 9 year old girl complained. She knew really well about his son’s cold behaviour that often mistaken as rude.

“Qiannie-sshi, I ask for your help to take care my son. He maybe cold in the outside, and it oftenly mistake as rude, but he is actually really warm in the inside once you know him better. He really like to play games, such as Play Station, so I think you have to find some Play Station to melt his heart,”

Qian became more confused. She was the only child in the family, so she didn’t have any game console. Her tiny eyes shuted when she tried to find a person who had a game console.

“Ah! I knew it!” she shouted out when she found a certain person who had a play station in his room. And luckily this person lived only a few house away from hers. Kyuhyun stared scarily at his-new-odd-noona.

She smiled brightly as she pulled the younger boys.

“What are you doing noona?” he asked suspiciously. He was just stood in front of the door, staring at Qian who is now wearing her shoes.

She turned to him and gave her best smile.

“We’ll have some fun!!”

 

****

 

“Yah! Noona, what are you doing here?”

Qian didn’t care about Changmin’s muttering and continued her works to enter his room which was practically hard since the younger boy keep pushing her back.

“I’m busy with my game! Don’t you see this ‘Do-not-disturb’ sign?” he said as he pointed at the sign in front of the door.

But Changmin quickly spotted a boy standing uncomfortably behind Qian’s back. He stared at their bust battle with confusion.

“Errr, who is that anyway?” he said with a finger pointed at Kyuhyun.

Qian quickly stepped back and stood beside Kyuhyun. With a wide smile, just like she did to Changmin’s mother, she introduced her new brother.

“Meet my new brother, Cho Kyuhyun!” she said cheerfully while the boy next to him had been blushing because of embarassment.

Changmin’s eyes grew in shock.

“You have a new brother?!”

“Well, we are not actually blood-related siblings. But my father said that he is my new brother from now on!” she continued, still with her wide smile.

Changmin raised one of his eyebrows, feeling confused with his noona neighbour.

“He really like to play game console. So I guess you two must be fated to meet each other,” she said again.

Soon both of the younger boy’s expression turned into the happy one. They looked at each other and nodded awkwardly. Changmin opened his door wholeheartedly for Kyuhyun.

“So which one do you like to play first? How about winning eleven? I bet you like soccer just like me. I was actually tired with Qian noona who can’t play any games. She only be a troublesome when she play a games with me,” Changmin said when Kyuhyun and Qian had already entered his bedroom. Kyuhyun smiled a little when he heard that. He stared at Qian playfully which make the older girl flushed. Eventhough it’s true that she’ll only be a troublesome in games.

“Yah!” protested Qian which Changmin surely ignored because he had been busy showed off all of his games.

Qian rolled his eyes. She never understand why all boys were really addicted to that gadget. She took one of Changmin’s comic and sit peacefully to read his comic, waiting for them to finish playing games.

 

***

 

Qian walked happily to their house. She just saw Kyuhyun’s happy face when he played the playstation with Changmin, Kyuhyun’s soon to be best buddy. She took a short glance at the boy who was walking behind her. Still kept some distance from her, but she knew really well that he had already opened his heart for her.

“Noona….” She heard a sound from behind.

She stopped and turned her head to him. Kyuhyun sighed before he finally murmured a “Thank You,” to her. She smiled widely and tapped his back, maybe a little too hard as he grinned after that.

“No need to thank me, you are my brother. That’s a common thing to do for a brother, right?” she said.

Kyuhyun only nodded awkwardly with a blush settled on his cheek. Yes, he found a new and noisy and weird and quirky noona in this place. But he also found her to be a kind-hearted noona.

 

 

 

**************************************

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just some update about their childhood. I knew it isn't interesting enough, but i hope you like it chingu. Keke

Comments and subscribe please!

Saranghaeyooooo~