2

A Dark Commitment

         They stopped on a rooftop and Chen silently put Sangeun down. Sangeun who was wary stepped to the very back of the rooftop, nearly falling. Fortunately, Chen caught her right on time. Sangeun gasped when Chen caught her in his arms, but instead of a ‘you’re wolcome’ look, Chen glared at the poor little girl.

         “Are you crazy?” he said sternly, “were you trying to kill yourself??”

         Of course, Sangeun was taken aback by this man’s answer. She was hoping of an ‘are you okay’ or ‘everything is okay now, don’t you worry’ but clearly that wasn’t what Chen was thinking. He pulled the girl for her to stand around Exo and his brows were still frowning, “who were those men?”

         Sangeun blinked, “o-oh, they were the..uh..FBCI, they wanted to solve my father’s murder case.”

         “Murderer dead, case closed.” Baekhyun said.

         “What? What do you mean my father’s murderer is dead??” she furrowed her brows.

         Chen snapped, “I killed your father’s murderer.”

         “Y-y-y-yy-you what??? You killed someone????”

         “Actually, it’s something. The thing who killed him was an Archanian, be thankful I killed it for you.” Chen said, it’s actually for your father.

         “How could you kill someone??? Did you kidnap me to kill me??”

         Chen rolled his eyes and lied down on the floor, closing his eyes. “Hey, answer me!!!” Sangeun yelled.

         “Sangeun-ssi, we’re here to protect you from those Archanians.” Suho took over Chen’s place.

         “Archa-what?! You guys are all crazy! You need to see the doctor.” She said and turned to leave.

         “You know, your father really cared about you.” Chen said, making Sangeun stop, “he made me promise something he can’t do for me to replace his place.”

         Sangeun clenched her fist, “and what is that promise?”

         “..I promised to keep you safe from any danger possible-“ “Well I’m already safe without you, thanks.” She cut him off, “and make you happy.” He continued and sat up, “help me keep this promise.”

         She stood there for a while, “did he..really made you promise?”

         Chen chuckled, “he did.”

         Sangeun’s eyes widened. Again, her heart stopped. “he’s a great guy..isn’t he?”

         “He changed my life.” Chen thought at the first time when he met this man.

         Sangeun sighed, “alright, I’ll help you keep that promise. But first, you need to explain everything to me and I need to know your names.”

         Chen lightly smiled, “alright.” Such a  stubborn girl. He thought.

         Sangeun turned around and sat beside Chen, where he chuckled lightly while patting her head. She didn’t dare to look at his eyes, it hypnotizes her. As Chen explained, only few words were caught in Sangeun’s brain, Kirianarchis blah blah blah, it doesn’t make sense at all. In the end, when Chen finished explaining EVERYTHING, she groaned and laid on the floor, “you guys are Kirianarchis, the good guys. The bad guys are called Archanians. You guys were made for good reason, that’s all I understand, but why? Doesn’t it mean that you guys will have to like, defend Earth from attacks??” she said dryly.

         “Kind of.” Lay answered, “but we don’t know yet. It’s not as easy as it looks, kiddo. I’m Lay, by the way.”

         “Pleased to meet you.”

         “Oh yeah, I wonder about that. why did they turn us to humans in the first place?? That means we were meant to do something, right?” D.O asked, “I’m D.O.”

         “Nice to meet you.”

         Chen thought for a while, “I wonder too. I guess we’ll find out later. But right now, Sangeun, we need to see something that will make the Archanians grow stronger.” Sangeun blinked, “and what is that something?”

         “Isn’t it with you?”

         “No it’s not. I don’t even know what it is.” Sangeun said blankly, “but I think I have something. It’s weird, my father gave it to me and he said to keep it safe and never wear it off.” She ed the first button of her shirt and took out a necklace, “it glows sometimes.”

         Chen furrowed his brows and came closer to touch the necklace, “I knew it.” he whispered, “it’s the Excelsior. Once one of them got their hands on it, that Archanian will become their king. It only works for them.” He sighed. Chen wanted to straighten his back, and he saw how close her face was to his. He felt funny, but what was the word to it? He has no idea. Sangeun, on the other hand, had her eyes wide and pushed him away. Was he about to kiss me??! She thought, I wonder how his lips- GODDAMMIT.

         “Guys, where will we sleep?” Tao asked.

         Baekhyun flicked his fingers, “I know! I was a siberian husky, so I had a home. My owner was long dead and he left me in his huuuuggeeee house. Let’s stay there! Don’t worry, no one will notice us there.” he grinned.

         “I’m in.” Chen simply said.

         “As long as I have a bed to sleep on, that’s fine by me.” Sangeun said.

         “Great! From what I remember..it’s only a few blocks away from here.” He said, looking around, “ah, there it is! The huge white house over there!”

         Chanyeol looked at the house and sighed, “Baek, repeat the part when you said no one will notice us there. NO ONE WILL NOTICE US THERE??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DUDE, THAT’S A FOUR STORY HOUSE!!!”

         “Make that 5. We have a basement, it’s for Uncle’s gym.” Baekhyun innocently grinned, “don’t worry, I have a great plan.”

         “Well, let’s go. It’s almost dark.” Chen stood up and lent a hand for Sangeun, which she gladly accepted. To her surprise, Chen suddenly lifted her up to his arms, “hold on tight.” He said before jumping off the rooftop. Suho chuckled, “is it just me or those two are so romantic?” he whispered to himself. “It’s not just you, hyung.” Said Chanyeol who have brilliant ears.

 

         Once they have reached the house, everyone ‘ooh-ed’ at it’s beauty and height. Baekhyun cleared his throat, “WOAH, WHAT A HUGE HOUSE UNCLE HAVE! HOW KIND OF HIM TO LEND THIS HOUSE TO ME AND MY FRIENDS??” he yelled. “why are you yelling?” Chanyeol asked. “shush.” Baekhyun smirked and one lady stepped outside, “oh, are you the nephew of Mr. Byun??” she asked.

         “Oh, yes, I am. Good evening.” He smiled.

         “Such a nice boy! Here, Mr. Byun left the keys to me incase someone wants to use it, so far, no one does. You keep it, boy. And take care of your little lady friend over there! she’s the only girl in this group of friends you have!” she smiled.

         “Ah, don’t worry, ma’am, she has a boyfriend and us looking after her. Thank you for your generosity.” Baekhyun bowed and took the keys. He smiled once more before unlocking the door and twisting it to the side as they were welcomed by the white marble floors. “this is amazing.” They muttered. Baekhyun cleared his throat, “there are 16 bedrooms here, feel free to use which one you like, 3 bathrooms each on the first second and third floors. Enjoy your stay.” He grinned. Chanyeol had his mouth agape and he woah-ed everything he saw.

         Chen placed his hand in his pocket. Now that everyone is busy examining the house, should he inoculate it in him? Is it the right time? He sighed and decided to ask for help, “D.O-ya, can I talk to you for a second?” he asked.

         “Sure.” The younger nodded, “’sup?” Chen sighed heavily, “before Mr. Lee died, he gave me the serum to my memories. Should I inoculate it now? Please, I need your opinion.” D.O blinked, serum to his memories? “You’re telling me that you don’t remember anything when you were still a wolf?”

         “Nope.”

         “Are you serious? None of us gets this.. serum for our memories, we know and we remember. But well in your case.. if I were you, I wouldn’t inject it in me just yet. It’s still too early for that, don’t you think?” D.O smiled and pat his shoulder, “follow your guts.” “Not helping, but thanks.” Chen rolled his eyes. “I’M TAKING THIS ROOM!!” Chanyeol yelled, “WAIT, NO!! CHANYEOL, THAT’S MY ROOM!!” yelled Baekhyun to the second floor.

         “What?! You’re telling me, that a DOG HAD HIS OWN ROOM??!!” Chanyeol scrunched up his nose.

         “You don’t?” Kris asked.

         “I wasn’t a dog, hyung. Puh-lease. I don’t go around peeing on the fire hydrant.” Chanyeol said loudly for Baekhyun to hear, “that’s a no-no.”

         Kris chortled, “then what did you do? Hang upside down covering your self?”

         “We weren’t ! We were filled with skin!” he argued back.

         “Enough, both of you.” Suho said, “but seriously, Chanyeol, humans have skin too, so basically, you were .”

         Chanyeol groaned and went to find another room that suits his style, the total opposite of Chen’s style. “Chen!! I think I found something with your style!” Luhan yelled from the fourth floor. “Yah, Baekhyun! Don’t you have an elevator or something? It’s tiresome to walk upstairs.”

         “I don’t know, maybe we do?” Baekhyun shrugged, “I don’t even know what’s the other third half of this house. I only know a quarter of it.” he muttered. “WHAT DID YOU SAY, JACKASS?!” Chanyeol glared at him, there he was, finding an adventure in the house. Idiots, tell me about it. “Yah, shut up, Happy Virus! You’re bothering the neighbors!”

         Living with these boys are going to be fun..right? thought Sangeun, let’s not think any further. The farther it gets, the scarier it will be.

 

         There were a total of 16 rooms inside the unduly huge house, and 13 rooms are occupied with 12 males and one female. Baekhyun has his own room, Chanyeol got the room beside him, Kris got the room on Baekhyun’s left side, D.O got the room beside Chanyeol, Suho got the room on the first floor, Sehun got the room on Suho’s right, Lay got the room on Suho’s left, Tao got the room on Sehun’s right, Xiumin got the room on the third floor, Kai got the room beside Xiumin, Sangeun’s room is beside Kai’s, Luhan got the room beside Kai’s and Chen got the room beside Luhan’s. the rest of the 3 rooms were empty.

         “Now that the room settings are done and all of us has a room, what about clothes?” Baekhyun asked. “Don’t tell me you have a closet filled with clothes for 30 people to wear and fit in.” Xiumin pointed a finger at Baekhyun who grinned, “don’t worry, I don’t. but it would be better if I do, though.”

         “My clothes are in my old house.” Sangeun said, “and we can’t go outside, can we? We’ll get recognized.”

         Kai tapped his fingers on his chin, “oh, I know! I was a cheetah and I’m pretty fast, how about I run back to your house and take your clothes??”

         “That won’t be necessary.” Kris said, “we all study back in KLOS, and I made an invention!”

         “If it’s your new skill on tailoring clothes, don’t tell me.” Luhan made a face. “It’s not, pretty boy, so relax.” Kris glared at him, “what’s wrong with my tailoring skills- anyway! It’s something about fashion, it’s something instant. See it for yourself.” Kris said and took out one cube which later expanded to the floor creating a walk-in outdoor closet.

         “Kris ge, isn’t that Mr. Lee’s device he always uses for his coats?” Tao asked.

         Kris glanced at Tao, “..well, yeah. I took it just in case, so..it’s not really my invention. But anyway, what do you guys think??”

         Suho smiled forcefully, “Kai, Sehun, Lay, got to the mall and search for anything wearable. After that, go to Sangeun’s house and pick every single one of her clothes without getting caught by those FBCIs. Be back soon. Got it?” “Yes, sir!” Kai saluted and jumped off with Lay and Sehun.

         “Hey, guys!!” Kris whined, “what’s so wrong about my idea??” Luhan rolled his eyes and walked away from Kris’s stupidity.

 

         When Kai, Sehun and Lay arrived at the mall, they looked around slowly and entered one shop, Calvin and Klein. Jeans, shirts, they practically bought everything each for the boys. Especially when Suho gave them his card. His wallet might be empty, but he only needs one card to pay for mostly anything. Sehun sensed something weird inside another shop they were in, Gucci, he sensed something..like them. “Lay hyung, I sense something weird.” He whispered, “me too.” Kai said.

         “So you sensed us.” Someone said, “the name’s Changmin.”

         “Yunho.” The other one said, “we believe you guys are Kirianarchis?”

         Lay furrowed his brows, “we are..are you?”

         “We are, too. Did Mr. Lee send you here?” Changmin asked, “how’s the old man doing?”

         Sehun looked down, “he’s not doing much.”

         “What do you mean?” Yunho took a step closer, “not doing much? Since when Mr. Lee doesn’t do much? Is it because of our get-away? Tell him that we-“

         “He’s dead.” Kai cut Yunho’s line.

         “He’s what?!” Yunho yelled. He glanced around the shop and dragged the boys out, “he was murdered, was he?”

         “Yes, by Archanians.” Lay said.

         Changmin and Yunho sighed, “it’s too late now, is it, hyung?” Yunho glanced at the younger, he would usually say no, but now..he wasn’t sure himself. “I don’t know, Changmin.”

         “It’s not.” Kai said, “his daughter is still alive. But better yet, I think we should go back home, it’s not safe talking here. You guys good at speed?”

         “Is that a challenge?” Changmin raised an eyebrow, “I dare you, kid.”

         “Follow us if you can.” Kai smirked and ran outside the mall with Sehun and Lay following behind him.

 

         When Kai, Sehun and Lay arrived first at the house, Changmin and Yunho followed a few seconds after. “All right, I admit it. You’re pretty fast, kid.” Changmin smiled amusingly. Kai chuckled, “what can I say? I was a cheetah.” Yunho whistled, “did you guys..buy this house?” Sehun looked up to the four story house, he squinted his eyes, “nope, a friend of ours owns it. come on, let’s go inside.” Yunho and Changmin glanced at each other before stepping into the house. One step, and Chanyeol was already in front of them holding out a dagger, “who are you and what do you want?”

         “So this is how he calls laying low?” Baekhyun face palmed, “easy there, Batman. If they were any threat, Kai, Sehun and Lay would’ve ripped their heads off.”

         Chen stood up from the couch and covered Sangeun with his back, “you are?”

         “We’re DBSK, I’m Yunho, he’s Changmin. We’re just like you guys, Kirianarchis.” Yunho said, “my turn to ask. You are?”

         Chen relaxed, “I’m Chen. Why are you here? Did you survive the assault from Tala Czar?”

         “Nope, we were already gone long ago. Our friends turned to the other side and ran away while we went to chase after them, that was a year ago. So far..we got nothing.” Changmin explained, “so.. total of you guys are 12, plus the human girl 13. Great. Have you known your powers or skills or whatever?”

         “Not everyone.” D.O said, looking at Chen.

         Chen sighed, “Changmin-ssi, can I talk to you in private?”

         “Sure.” Changmin shrugged and followed him to the kitchen, “I can’t believe that little guy owns this huge place!” he mumbled.

         “Changmin-ssi-“ “Changmin hyung.” “hyung, if you can regain your memories in just one tube of syringe, would you do it?” Chen asked.

         Changmin chuckled, “you were a wolf, weren’t you?” he sighed, “don’t push yourself, kid. Just follow your heart.” Real help. Chen thought.

         They went back to the living room and saw the others were gone. “Where are they?” Changmin asked. “Basement, probably.” Chen answered.

         “BASEMENT?!!” Changmin was aghast.

 

 


 

and that is chapter 2!!

 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT, THANK YOU!!