I Have To Confess

Could I Leave You? (EDITING IN PROGRESS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two were 20 minutes into the half-an-hour drive to Tao's burial site. The two had only engaged in small talk several times, so most of the drive so far was silent. Kyungsoo was too busy asking himself questions in his head, so he took it upon himself to try and get answers to help fill in the blanks that Tao left.

"You know, we've never really talked about your brother." Kyungsoo said, turning around to Kai in the passanger seat next to him. "What was he like?"

"You two would of loved eachother. He was a happy person. It was weird, he had such a masculinity to him, yet there was something feminine about him too. His looks we're always his priority, however he had such a manly charm. And his girlfriend loved that about him too. He really was one of a kind. I wish you two had met." Kai replied with such sincerity.

"Girlfriend? He had a girlfriend?"

"Wh.. yeah. Her name was Sulli. She was so sweet, and right for him too. But she moved away after his death. She didn't want to be hounded by the media."

Kyungsoo never heard from Tao that he had a girlfriend. He was trying to piece together the jumbled information in his head, and then he realized that Kai never knew about Tao's secret affair with Kyungsoo. It hit him then and there. Tao hadn't come out to his family yet.

"I bet we would have got along just fine." Kyungsoo nervously replied. "Anyway, you never told me his name."

"Tao. Huang Zitao"

"Huang? Isn't that a Chinese family name?"

"Yeah. We weren't fully related by blood. Tao was my half brother."

Kyungsoo turned around abruptly. "Half brother?!"

"Yeah. We have the same mother but not the same father. His father is Chinese and mines Korean."

"Oh, you don't say." Kyungsoo replied in a surprised tone. "I know this might be a touchy subject, but what do you know about his death? It was a pretty big story. Relatives of mine who live in the country even heard about it."

"It's fine, the doctor I refused to see encouraged me to talk about it" Kai laughed, "But anyway, all I know is he was murdered on the night of Feburary 14th. He was.. beat then strangled to near death at Gimhae Lake, however the autopsy revealed he had dirt in his lungs at the time of death, which lead them to believe that Tao was still alive after the monster who did this buried him." Kai's earlier expression of attempting to lift the mood had suddenly dropped after saying those words out loud. After all, he had never spoken about it to anyone.

"Do the police know who did this? Have they told you anything about possible suspects?" Kyungsoo wanted to know if the police had spoken to Kai in regards to the questioning of himself the other week.

"No. The police even saw Sulli as a suspect, but that's just standard procedure, because they always look at lovers and spouses first in the event of a homocide. But there was no evidence against her. As for what's happening now, I specifically told my parents and the police that I wanted to know nothing until they had fully arrested the guy with concrete evidence. I just didn't have the energy to keep up with constant updates on the case as a reminder of what happened. I was emotionally and mentally drained. That month was probably my lowest month, but one thing made it better."

"What was it?"

Kai extended his left hand grabbed Kyungsoo's right hand from off the steering wheel and held it. "You." Kyungsoo turned to his boyfriend with his wide eyes. "You came at the perfect time, and I don't think I'd be where I am without you babe."

"You're right. You really wouldn't be where you are today." Kyungsoo had a gloomy expression, then quickly smiling back at Kai, contemplating in his head how all the events that had taken place today were because of him.

He was trying to act as normal and calm as possible. Everything he had heard and realized today was alot to take in for him. Silence had taken over the car once again, for a good 5 minutes.

"Turn left here," Kai pointed, "we're here now."

"We are? I didn't even hear the GPS say anything." Kyungsoo was so immersed in his thoughts that he hadn't even payed attention to anything around him. He was barely paying attention to the road either. He was just zoned out the enti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter