Chapter 2: Meeting Him

May I

“Go easy on me, I just got dumped” you told her many times, but she would just reply, “but this party has to be perfect,” and send you off to run other errands. As it neared 9pm, guest began to arrive, you were in Bora’s room fixing your makeup when Bora walked in grabbing you by the hand, she looked anxious.

“______ . This is all my fault.”

“What is it,” you worried.

“Jaehyun… Is …Here… I’m sorry, I forgot he was coming.”

“Aw crap. What am I going do, actually what can I do.”

“Do you want me to kick him out? I’ll just tell a maid to do it. I can make up an excuse like you’re too ugly or whatever.”

“You know what, let him stay. I’ll just need to be strong and find a way to show him I’m alright. I can do it right?”

“Of course. Let’s go” she grabbed your hand and dragged you down stairs. There were crowds of people on the dance floor. You spotted Jaehyun holding a drink and holding a girl’s waist. You weren’t sure who she was, but you shrugged it off.

One of your CAP’s friend Changjo brought you a drink and wrapped his arms around your shoulders. He was always there for you after CAP, as a brother.

“I’m your date tonight,” he whispered into your ear, “and did I mention you’re beautiful tonight.”

“And you’re charming yourself”

“Thank you. I’ll introduce you to a few people, follow me.” He led you to a group of people, you knew a few that had attended the same high school. You greeted them even though you forgot most of their names. At the corner of your eye, you saw bora dancing with dongjun, her boyfriend. While trying to get immersed in the conversation the group you were with was having, your mind couldn’t focus. You were wandering the room looking for Jaehyun, hoping he would recognize your beauty and ask for forgiveness. As Changjo talked to the crowd you were with, you walked off to get another drink. ‘I’m going to get drunk tonight’

You spotted a glass of your favourite alcohol mix on one of the food trays and walked toward it. You reached for the drink, but at the same time, an arm reached out and grabbed it before you. Your fingers had collided and you accidently scratched him. You looked up to see a handsome boy in front of you. ‘Aw , he just had to be hot’

You bowed your head and said,

“Sorry, are you okay,” you grabbed his hand and rubbed over the torn skin.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s good” You continually rubbed the cut on his hand unknowingly. He asked,

“Did you want this drink,” he held up the glass cup, “we can share if you want,” he laughed and you saw his cute eye smile was. He took a sip and handed it over to you. Only now did you realize his hand were still in yours. You, being flustered, let go of it suddenly and started blushing. He chuckled as you took the cup.

“It’s the best with a hint of lemon isn’t it?”

“Hmm… Well the lime isn’t too bad either.”

“Haha, are we really going to just stand here and talk about fruits that make our drink taste better?” he chuckled. You were beginning to get use to his soft low voice, “My name is L.joe by the way”

“Oh. And I’m _____. I’m Bora’s cousin.”

“Ah, so CAP hyung’s sister. I’ve heard a lot about you.

He asked you about everything, from your family, to your childhood. He was very intriguing, and it made you feel special. It was a feeling that Jaehyun was never able to give you.  You weren’t sure what it was, but you wanted to keep on talking until you ran out of breath. All of a sudden a slower beat song came on. ‘Should I ask her to dance?’ he thought. Your conversation had dragged on to music preference when he suddenly said,

“May I,” You placed your hand in his hand and he led you to the middle of the dance floor. He wrapped your arms around his neck and place his hand gently around your waist. At first, he kept his distance, but into the second half of the song you laid your head onto his shoulders and let him take the lead. After the song had ended you two stayed on the dance floor and danced along to the other songs. The dance floor began to crowd after the DJ announced that drinks would stop serving if no one danced. As you danced, you bumped into many people around you, you were surprised by how L.joe never left you side and kept a hand near your waist to keep you balanced. You swayed side to side, and although many other guys tried to dance with you, L.joe blocked them and kept you by his side. Unknowingly, feelings for each other were beginning to form. As the night went on you two were getting extremely close, you knew most of these feelings were from the intoxication of alcohol, but you just wanted to live in the moment and forget everything else.

After a half hour or so of dancing, he opened the door to the balcony and led you outside. He looked straight into your eyes. His eyes were soft, and very mesmerizing. He pulled you closer to him, your faces were less than an inch apart. You could feel his deep breaths and you heart beating against his. His gaze lowered to your plump lips and the next thing you knew, his lips were on yours. Upon realizing what he had just done, he let go of you and bowed his head.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered,

“Don’t be,” you walked towards him and lifted his chin. “Look at me.” He raised his head, only to be confronted by your lips. You crashed into his lips harder than before and continued what he had started. You felt your body wanting more, it was a new feeling even if you knew you were not completely sober.

 The longer you kissed, the more you wanted him. Your fingers were interlaced in his brown hair and his arms were around your waist, tugging you closer towards him. His every touch tingled inside, which made him that much more special. Something inside of you told you it was wrong, all of this was wrong. To use him to cover up your heart break.