Chapter one: Heart broken

May I

“We’re over,” Jaehyun said over the phone.

“But… how can you do this to me, I gave you everything” you snapped back at him.

“All you wanted was my , . Get over yourself. Start understanding your own ing self and clean yourself up. When are you going to wake up?”

“I thought you loved me?” You were sobbing now, “please don’t do this to me, you know I can’t live without you.”

“Ha, how ‘bout that other guy? Did you think of me when you were seducing him?” He was angry, “I know everything you did behind my back. Don’t try to lie.”

“C’mon, you are the same, when was loyalty ever an issue to us huh!?”

“At least I haven’t slept with anyone after starting with you, you think you’re so great, but you’re just easy, babe.”

“Have you forgotten about all those dates, all those long night walks, everything we had. How could you even say I cheated on you? You know it was against my will. You know what I’m going through. If you had the least bit of decency you would be understanding of my situation. I never slept with anyone, but you, you were special.”

“What that your family opens a matchmaker parlour? That you have to substitute once in a while. I’m a man, you know. I have pride to live up to. You always have the choice to say no. But you didn’t, you treated me like all your other customers. I was always just a friend with benefits.”

“No stop, you know that’s not true, you know I love no one but you…”

“I never want to see you again. Goodbye.”

Beep Beep Beep. The other side of the phone went silent. You knew he would never turn back, the man you loved, dated, and had plans to marry. He was out of your grasp. You cried for many hours until you fell asleep.

~Knock Knock

“Who is it?” you groaned.

Your brother, CAP walked in and sat on the side of you bed.

“Wake up ______. We’re going to a party today.” You rubbed your eyes and felt the puffiness of your eyes.

“C’mon get up ______. You look like crap, we’ll have a fun time. I promise. I’ll introduce you to hotter guys, Jaehyun will be nothing but history.

You frowned after hearing your ex-boyfriend’s name, and all the memories passed through your head.

“What time is it? Partying in the morning, you’re crazy oppa.”

“It is 5pm already, you’ve been asleep for over 12 hours now. I’ll give you two hours to get ready.”

“Huh really?” you looked at the time and sat up right away. “This isn’t some sort of date night Omma and Appa planned right? Because I am not going if it has anything to do with them.”

“Hey, don’t say that about them, you know he broke up with because he was a jerk,” CAP scoffed, “Admit it, he’s a jerk and he knows very well that you didn’t sleep with anyone. He’s using our parents as an excuse. Just think about you substituted like twice while you were with the guy, he isn’t even worth it”

You knew he was right, but you blamed your parents anyways so you could still love him deep inside. You thought back to the way he treated you, you laughed.

“Ha, and he called me a , he told me all I wanted was to have . That bastard.”

“There you go, now get up. We’re going to Bora’s house tonight” he walked out of your room to let yourself get ready. You got out of bed and took a shower, shaving and all. You put on your newly bought high-low dress and some heels. After you were done with your make up, you opened your laptop and went on Facebook. Jaehyun had already officially made himself single and that hurt. Pains from your heart began to form tears, but you kept them in, knowing he was not worth it. All of a sudden your phone rang.

Your caller ID showed “Yoon Bora”

“Hey girl how are you?” she said over the phone.

“Hmm, I’m fine I guess. Comfort me, I’m single,” you joked.

“You sound pretty fine. Don’t worry, we’ll have a blast tonight, my parents were like ‘if you’re going to have a party, you have to invite the whole world’ you know them, they’re very enthusiastic”

“Oh wow no way, can’t wait. CAP and I are heading over soon, if you need any help just order me around Hahah”

“See you soon hun.”

You walked down stairs to where CAP was watching basketball reruns. He turned his head as he heard you footsteps get closer.

“You’re finally ready, let’s goo.”

As CAP drove to Bora’s house, you looked out the window, it was a beautiful day. The setting sun warmed your face. You caught a glimpse of a boy helping up a grandma who was picking up fallen fruits. You admired his kindness and thought, ‘Jaehyun would never do that, and he would walk right by.’ Your brother tried to comfort you throughout the ride every time he saw a frown on your face. As he parked on the side of the road of Bora’s mansion, you told yourself to enjoy yourself, for yourself. Bora greeted you with hugs and kisses and ordered you around to grab things for her.