Under the rain and between the fire

Once a lone wolf

Kris walked away from the scene, with Yixing in his embrace. He watched the sky as he walk in uneven steps, looks like he got a wound on his leg. The orange color disappeared when grey clouds start to come around.

Noticing the rumbling clouds, Kris decided that it will be safer for Yixing to get to the cave in time. Even so, he kept his ears open, the shortcut towards the waterfall is to pass through the pack of Orion wolves. And Kris surely weren’t ready for another fight for his body is bathed in bruises and blood.

All the sudden he felt a stinging pain on his neck area, the golden wolf looked at the sky and felt a drop of water on his face. Well he surely isn’t planning on getting wet. Laying Yixing by a huge tree on top of a rather tall land, he started digging ignoring the sharp pain on his legs. He made a small den in which he can rest in and clean his wounds and giving Yixing a shelter.

The den is small but it fits the two wolves nudging Yixing he pushed the small wolf in the den. Kris noticed something, Yixing is smaller than Suho, and weaker too. The little pup whimpered and leaned towards Kris’ warm body when the rain became extremely heavy. In the midst of cleaning his wounds he noticed something in a distance.

Smell of something burnt.

It’s raining there’s no way the smell can travel far, it must be close by.

Kris moved on his foot pushing Yixing towards the back part of the den where the bigger wolves can’t reach him, then he let his legs to bring him towards the source of smell. Somewhere near Carcinogen, the forest is burnt down, figures, the smell of burning corpses are everywhere.

He slumped down and starred at the burning fire.

Orion is gone.

“…I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” I closed his eyes, lowered his head, and mourned for a while.

Suddenlt, in the midst of fire, ashes and rain, he sensed something different.

Life, there is life, somewhere down there.

His head perked up at a whine.

His ears perk up at the source of the sound, jumping over the burning logs and he ran across the burning ashes below him. There under the burning twigs and leaves he dug down further down below to the source of sounds and smell, Kris can smell some of his fur burn. And the heat isn’t anything he would miss either.

“Three little puppies,” His eyes widened. The three is covered in grey ashes so he couldn’t exactly see their coat colors. He took one of them and sprinted towards the way he came earlier. He placed a pup next to Yixing as the older pup widened his eyes.

“Take care of him Yixing, we’ll be leaving when we got all of them,”

“All?”

“There’s two other there.”

“Why are you.. doing… this..?” In the middle of his sentence Kris ran back into the burning woods, not even minding his burning coat and bloody body.

When he got to them. The fire grew bigger and wilder, he have to get the two out of there as soon as possible. Without no doubt he took the small pups on his mouth and left for a sprint. Just before he jumped over the log that will lead him to the den where Yixing is, another tree fell on his way. He ignored the heat and jumped past it, Kris himself is surprised he made that jump. After receiving blows, and wounds, by the rime an impact hit his legs due to rough landing and gravity, his legs gave off. Kris stumbled in the wet soil and black ashes, with the two puppies in his embrace. His golden fur others cherish and complimented on had dark patches of brown soil and ash, his fur is drenched by the rain that fell on him. But he's also grateful for the rain. For the rain wears off the fire and left a few lit leaves on the ground. Kris kept the puppies near his belly and curled up his body around them giving a sort of body heat to the puppies.

And all the sudden everything went black for him.