A Kind Samaritan

Once a lone wolf
 

A few days ago in the other side. Luhan is whining nonstop eversince they arrive at destination. And Kris isn't even lying. There is shelter behind the waterfall. Luhan paced back and forth. And Suho can only whimper, he's scared for his brother's life. But he's also scared of losing Kris. Yixing is the only brother he had left since the others are murdered right in front of his very eyes. 

"Luhan calm down, I know you're worried," Xiumin frowned at the act, although deep down he's scared for Kris' life. But somehow, he knew that Kris is strong. He has a will far stronger than any wolf he had ever encountered. His alpha aura overflows within the the blonde wolf. 

"Why isn't he coming back? Doesn't he supposed to be back by now?" Luhan whined, Kris has been gone for 3 days now that Xiumin counted. He wanted to leave the two and look for the missing boy. Once again, he's not sure if he can leave the two alone. Once it reached the fifth day, Xiumin couldn't help it anymore, he must find the younger. 

Right before dawn when the sky is still dark, Xiumin stood up and left a messege to Luhan that he's going hunting. He left the two alone once he's sure it's safe and there's plenty of food they can access to. His minds suddenly bought him to a different area than the first way he got there with Luhan and Suho. nothing seemed wierd to him. Unless it's the smoke.

Smoke..?

Xiumin's footsteps stopped into a halt when he saw the burning woods. His eyes widened and he looked around franticly. He threw his heads around and his nose never stop working. Just to catch a glimpse of the blonde wolf's scent. 

His eyes suddenly widen. Corpse. The smoke that fills that air isn't only the smell of burning wood, leaves, and twigs. There's a faint scent of burnt corpse. He stepped a few steps backwards, his nose smelled it, but his brain wouldn't believe it. The scent he've grown to know and love.

It's Kris' scent. 

 

--

 

 

Wufan, Yifan both you must grow up into a wolf. A wolf. Not a killer. No matter what. Mommy loves you.

Mommy? Where are you going?

Somewhere my dear, somewhere.

Are you going to leave us here mommy?

No honey, I’ll always watch over you where ever you are, when ever you are.. Just from a safe distance my love.

Mommy?

Yes Yifan?

Please don’t go

..Don’t go

 

Mom..?

 

Kris woke up in an unfamiliar place. His eyes scanned the surrounding.

One thing else he noticed. He’s human. He sat up with the help of his arms. Wincing when a slight pain went down his spine. Groaning in agony he fell back onto the nest like area.

Yixing..! Puppies!

His eyes widened and his body shook. The wolf has took his form once again.

“..Xing.. Yixing…! Yixing!” He howled for them to get a sort of answer, but he received none. Instead a man entered the room. A werelion he notes.

“Your puppies are fine, don’t worry,” He spoke softly, his soft features gave out a female vibe rather than a male.

“You should shift back, those wounds are going to open up,”Kris gave up and shifted back into his human form lying lifelessly next to the male.

“My name is Kevin, I’m a member of this pride,” he smiled, Kris noted that he had a roll of bandage in his hand.

“How long has I been asleep..?” Kevin helped him to sit up,

“..A few days,”

“15 to be exact,” Another male bought a basket into the room and placed it next to him. Inside, all 4 puppies are asleep nicely tucked in with a quilt over them. He Yixing’s head.

“I’ll call hyung,” the other boy left the room with a hum from the other,
“That kid has talent,” Kevin unwrapped the previous bandage he was using.

Talent?”

“He knows medical herbs, that would be useful,” The blond smiled. Before Kris can even respond, another male entered the room with a wide smile.

“Hello,”

“Hyung,” Kevin tied the bandage nicely and moved aside giving room to the other male.

“My name is Soohyun, and this is my pride,”

“..How do you find me..?”

“We’re quite acquainted with the Orions,” he smiled sadly,

“..I’m sorry,” The male can’t help but to lower his head in shame.

“There’s no need, I seen you saved the pack’s puppies,” Soohyun turned his attention towards the puppies in the basket.

“Sehun, Jongin, Zitao… They lost their mother at a very young age..” Soohyun sighed,

“I’m sorry,”

“I’ve told you before, there’s no need to apologize,”

“Here, you haven’t eaten for days,” another man gave him a plate of potato congee with beef broth on it, along with small chunks of beef.

“Thank you..” He bowed,

“Your welcome!” The other smiled,

“Thank you for everything Soohyun, my pack surely is thankful for your kindness,” Kris gave him a small smile,

“Please finish your meal.. um..”
“Kris, my name is Kris of Exodus,”

“Kris, Exodus..? Never heard of that pack before,”

“Ah, we’re kind of new,” Kris chuckled,

“I see a few werewolf packs forming,” Soohyun laughed,

“Is there? I guess we’re just one of them,”
“You’re more I believe, a better pack than the older packs we know,” Soohyun offered a smile at the younger.

“We should get going.. My pack is going to grow hysteric after this,” Kris imagined Luhan crying and Suho nagging him for a quite long while. With Xiumin forbidding him to exit the cave.

“What can I do.. To possibly return you my gratitude?” Kris looked at the older man. The brunet chuckled.

“Just simply raise them, I won’t ask for more, and let me meet them once in a while,” Soohyun the little puppies.
“Thank you,” after eating, Kris shifted himself into his wolf form, Kevin wrapped the little puppies into a bundle, and gave them to Kris.

“I’m gonna miss those little puppies,”

“I know,”

Kris walked away towards the area he came from. He noticed the smell.

Then he stopped abruptly.

Just in days, the burnt forest before is covered in green grass and flowers.

10 days..

He better get back before Luhan or Suho cries, driving Xiumin nuts. His steps stopped when he noticed a familiar wolf in the near clearing.

"Min..?" The chestnut ears suddenly turn white. And the ground below him starts freezing. The older himself whimpered in fear.

“Xiumin..?” His voice came out a bit muffled due to the puppies. The little ears froze. He lifted his head off the ground and looked at Kris with watery eyes. The white wolf's eyes are red and puffy, it seemed like he cried for days straight. 

“Kris…?”

“What’s wrong Min?” He approached the older wolf,

“Y-you're alive..” He shuttered, exchanging from looking at Kris, then back at the ground. The blonde gave him a questioning look.

“I went after you a few days ago, and before Luhan became hysteric, and I see the fire, and saw blood patches on the soil, smelled burning corpses on the ground, and I don’t know how to explain to Luhan and Suho— I-“ the freeze went out of hand, the flowers start to freeze and so does the grass and ground. 

“Take a deep breath Min,” The older followed the suit,

“Exhale,” Xiumin sighed, tears still visible in his eyes.

“I did, almost bleed myself to death,” Kris chuckled,

“But I’m saved by some lions in a pride,” He nudged the other, Xiumin starred on the ground in embarrassement. For a few days he thought that Kris is dead. And now here's the Alpha, just in front of him. He merely forgot something, when he noticed it, the ice melted completely. 

He felt digusted at himself. 

Reasons why Siennas would back away from him and Luhan is because of their unsual powers. 

A distance memory stepped into his mind, he backed off slowly. His puffy tail tucked in between his legs, and his ears flat to his skull.

“..I’m sorry, you’re freaked out aren’t you..? I mean by the ice and such, you can exile us, it's alright, we're used to it, not only from Sienna," Xiumin starred away. Scared by how Kris would react to his powers.

 

-- 

A/N : I wonder how Kris would react? OwO

It's just a shorp chapter, I'm sorry! 

--