Melt the ice.

Protect her.

Awkwardly sitting in the same meeting room, Krystal and Tao dismissed each other's presence. To make things more uncomfortable after their last meet a few days back, they are sitting opposite of each other in the long table with empty seats. There was nothing they could do to distract them from the tense atmosphere as both do not have their cell phones or other stuffs to keep them busy. They were asked to meet in that scheduled place right after their practise for the day, meaning handphones or other similar distraction was hold onto by their manager.

Tao starred out at the large glass window, wishing he could take a photograph of the beautiful night city lights displayed. Krystal on the other hand was checking her newly painted nails and from time to time she rested her head on the desk, daydreaming. After half an hour had passed, Tao at last got up and head for the door.

"Are you leaving?" Krystal blurted out. Tao paused and looked back.

"Checking." He replied briefly.

"But we're suppose to stay here." She stated.

"Yea, but it's taking them so long." Tao glanced at the clock before exiting the room. 

"I shall go find my manager too." She added. He looked at her momentarily and shrug. The truth is she's scared to stay in the huge room by herself moreover it's already 11oclock at night. 

The minute they step out of the room, their manager and some other people came running towards their direction.

"Oh my! We're very sorry for the late. Come on, let's get inside. There's some stuff to be discuss." One of them spoke. 

Tao and Krystal obediently went back in and they kept quiet. Nervously. They were wondering as to why they were called out and the only reason they could muster is that they're late for the practise the other day. At least that was the only thing they had in common right? Are they going to be lectured for it? Damn.

"Alright, let's start. You guys will be on this food show together. We've decided. It will be an overseas trip."

***

While waiting for the rest of the crew to settle down, Tao was still on the phone nagging to Kris.

"I can't believe this. They should have ask you! Or whoever else! You're bilingual too! Why me?! " Tao fussed, rolling his eyes when he saw her. 

"You know what, I heard they said that you two make a great match, that's why." Kris commented, laughing out loud after.

"Good?! He's a snob! You should look at what he wear to the airport now! Ridiculous. Where does he think's he's going?! To the runway?!" Krystal whispered, shaking her head in annoyance while complaining to Sulli on her cellphone at the other corner. She scanned Tao's overdressed outfit once more from afar.

"But I've to say you did look nice beside him when you came late to practise the other day. I ship you guys though.." Sulli grinned.

" you." Each said to the callers before slamming the phone back into their bags. They look up and glared at each other. 

Once in the plane, Tao and Krystal paused at the same double seat. 

"No. Way." Tao muttered feeling pissed, peeping at her ticket only to see it was next to his.

"Noona, can I seat with you? It's cramp to sit inside." Krystal immediately asked the staff upon realization of their shared double seat.

"Don't be fussy, darling." The noona replied, already putting on her sleeping mask.

Krystal grimaced and Tao sighed a heavy breath, having to share the seats. She was about to place her bag on the upper compartment when her shirt accidently lifted just slightly but it was enough to stop her because Tao had cough rather loudly. He was seated, having no extra luggage but she was having a hard time with the bags instead.

Krystal blushed, forget that he was just there. She decided to hold onto her shirt with one hand and tipping on her toes to stuff the heavy bag in. It was quite difficult to do it with one hand though. However, she refused to ask the only free person there for help so Tao mind his own business. 

After tired of looking at her trying millions of times, he finally stood up and simply push the whole thing in with one swift push.  

"Uh..Thanks.." She mumbled and he subtly nodded. 

Since they've got no choice, they took their respective seat with Tao on the outside, Krystal on the inside of the double. 

"Vain." She mumbled quietly. It's because Tao had been snapping alot of selca at different angles with and without his fake glasses and not caring about the people around him, judging hard. 

"Jealous." He replied which makes her stare at him.

"What? I'm jealous of a... guy?" She mocked.

"Yea, why not? I've confidence." He smirked.

"You're a narcissictic." She pointed out.

"Confidence." He insisted.

"Oh shut up." She stuff one of the chocolate bar into his mouth, which he almost gagged. Making her laugh. 

Halfway through the flight to London, fatigue catch up with them as they slowly went into dreamland. Tao had woken up in the middle of the night. He was about to stretch out when he felt something heavy on his arm, not allowing him to move. 

"What the.. " He muttered sleepily. He turned his head to his left only to see Krystal sleeping on his shoulder and hugging his arm as if it was a piece of pillow. Tao panic momentarily when he could feel her snuggling closer. His heartbeat thumped faster each time she make small cute noises. He carefully in an attempt, pull his arm away, sliding his shoulder further from her head. However, that makes her lean closer instead. In the end, he left her to be. Afterall, her soft hands hugging his arm felt quite nice he thought. 

Awhile later, she opened her eyes drowsily. 

"Goodmorning sunshine. You may let go of me now." Tao smiled at her fakely. She rubbed her eyes, looking up at him.

"Morning?" She asked with half lidded eyes. 

"No, I lied. It's still night." He pointed out at the small window. 

"Mum, will he wake up?" She talked out of the blue, lying on his shoulder again making him gulp. 

"Huh?" He asked confusedly. "I'm not your mum." 

"I miss him." She mumbled. Tao was utterly lost. He tilted his head to check on her but she was, well, asleep. 

"Who?" He asked out of curiosity if she was what he thinks, sleep talking.

"Dad." She answered, voice as if whispering. Before Tao could reply anything, she was sobbing softly. 

He jerked out of surprise. "Ssshhh.. It's okay, don't cry.." He panicked.

Real tears were streaming down her face as Tao wipe them with his thumb tenderly.

"Hey, wake up.. It's okay. He will come back. Please don't cry.. Wake up.." He caressed her hair and gently tap her shoulder. 

It took some time before she gasped upon awakened from sleep and glanced at her surroundings for familarity.

"You ok?" Tao asked concernly. 

Krystal eye contact him then look at her arms hugging his. She embarrassingly removed them instantly.

He automatically wiped her tears once more when it kept rolling down her cheeks but Krystal frantically use her sleeve to wipe them dry.Tao awkwardly look elsewhere to avoid any eye contact. 

"I-I'm fine." She stammered but then excused herself to the ladies. 

Krystal splashed cold water onto her face. 

"Wake up. When will you stop dreaming about him? He's never ever coming back, Krys. He's gone. Forever. He is no more in your life. Accept it. Mum have. So can you." She reminded herself but fresh tears trickled down continuously.

Krystal's dad had long passed away but the dreams never went away. She's extremely close to her dad and when one day after she saw a huge car slammed into him right in front of her eyes, with the birthday cake flying high into the air, the trauma had forever haunt her. She remembered seeing him on the hospital bed, unmoving. He did not wake up even after she shake his body or kiss him or hug him- it was over. 

Tao noticed the red eyes when she got back to her place. He wanted to ask but it's better not to. She turned her body towards the window, back facing him, not wanting to let him see the aftermath swollen face because of too much crying.

"Hey, what you want?" Tao tapped lightly on her shoulder when the stewardess came to sent in the food.

"Huh? Anything." She replied quietly.

"Anything? Tuna sandwich or egg?" He asked again.

"Just take anything." She said, sounding pissed which he finds it annoying since he could have ignored her and not ask what she wants in the first place.

"I'll take two tuna then, and orange juice." He told the steward. "Thanks."

"No, no orange juice! Apple juice please." Suddenly, she turn her head and interrupted his request.

"Thanks." She said when the steward exchange the drinks.

"Anything. Right." Tao muttered.

"Can you not find fault with me?" She hissed at him.

"Brat." He sneered. 

...

"Alright, we've ended our shooting early today so it's free time from now. But please have enough rest for tomorrow's shoot alright guys!" The in charge informed. 

"I'm going to explore this place for awhile." Tao beamed to his manager excitedly. 

Given a few seconds later, his face fell.

"Great! You can go off with Tao!. She say she wants to go shopping. But we're too tired to accompany so we're going to head to the hotels now. Can you just help us look after her? Be nice to him ok, sweetheart." Her manager grinned. 

"What?!" She exclaimed but they simply waved at her and left. Tao was left speechless and burden with responsibility suddenly. He was wishing for this free time since morning and now he has to freaking babysit. 

"Why are you following me? You don't have to. They're just joking."  Krystal turned her head towards Tao who had walked in the same direction as her. 

"They dump you to me.  So, if you go missing, I'm going to be dead too." He answered as a matter of fact.

"They won't, trust me. I shop alone before." She said confidently. 

Tao raised his eyebrow momentarily before squinting his eyes. He then folded his arms with a smirk on his face.

"Great. Bye! " He smiled sweetly then skip in the opposite direction gleefully. 

They're in the capital of Japan, Tokyo. The sun had sink deep into the thin lines of the landscape as the night were slowly taking its shape, Tao had not left her out of his sight despite the far range of distance he kept between them. He entered a few shops then quickly track her back once he gets his stuff. Krystal did not noticed him a single bit as she herself was enjoying her alone time. Although Tao knew she's going to be fine, he couldn't take the risk. What more, they're in a foreign country, he couldn't abandon her despite the huge urge to do so.

Krystal was window shopping half the time. She was looking for a particular design in her mind that she saw in one of the magazine but there was none. Since it's been her second time in Japan, she knew the shops and routes pretty well. She paused in front of a bookstore. She rarely reads but the shop attracts her attention with the beautiful decoration of the wooden shelf and dim fairylights, adding a magical touch to the books on the display. It's as if the stars above had landed on the shelves twinkling and sparkling. She went in, inhaling the mild lemongrass aroma while flipping through the pages.

Tao was carrying quite a number of branded goods bags. He had exited yet another clothes store. He craned his neck to find Krystal in the many of couples and families along however, he could not spot her. He fasten his pace of search in the stores ahead and when he really could not find her by the sixth store,Tao could feel the blood in his veins throbbing furiously and his mind going chaos. 

"Where is she? She couldn't be that far.. She barely buy anything.." He convinced himself, entering another shop and scanning the whole area inside. 

Krystal had grab an ice cream and went to sit at the bench, savouring the guilty pleasures. She's forbidden to eat anything past 7pm to keep her figure but she thought why not be a rebel just for today? It won't hurt much by a few additional calories right? 

Out of nowhere, a random guy sat on th same bench of her. He was smoking a cigarette and eyeing her rudely up and down. At the corner of his mouth turned into a half smile when he caught her eyes. 

She shifted uncomfortably and look the other way. Hurriedly finishing her cone of ice cream, she got up from the seat. She gasped in horror when the guy pulled onto her wrist tightly. 

Her eyes shows nothing but fear. The guy was tapping the empty space beside him, gesturing her to sit next to him. She shook her head and tried to pulled away from the grip as hard as she could but to no avail. as if sealed, there was no sound uttered when all she wanted was to scream. Her mind refuse to make up any sound at that point. 

She glanced to her surroundings for anyone to help her. Unfortunately, it was crowded and everyone was busy chattering or laughing to notice her desperate situation. Help me, anyone! Please... Please, someone.. 

Running footsteps was heard coming closer and louder when she saw Tao heading her way, face appearing extremely red. 

Tao was frowning and his face was dark with fury while his eyes was cruelly searing the guy in front of him. Without any words said, Tao violently pull the stranger's hands off Krystal. He took her hands and interlocked them with his to show dominance. Meanwhile, the stranger had boringly stood up, blowed a smoke ring onto Tao's face before leaving them with a mocking chuckle. Tao was breathing heavily from the controlled anger and terror which he had been holding back and Krystal could feel it when he clench their locked hands tighter. They watched the douche left with Tao killing that guy at the back of his mind. He swear he would have punch that idiot's face if he had insisted to land another finger on her. 

They remain silent from the shock until Tao finally turned to look at her, face serious.

"You ok?" He asked firmly. Her hands was cold and he could feel the slight shake in them too.

She nodded solemnly.

"I'm sorry I came late. I shouldn't have left." He squeeze her hands assuringly.

"It's o-okay. Thanks." She muttered out, stammering as cold chill ran down her spine. She grip his hand much stronger unconsciously. 

Tao rubbed his thumb over her knuckles soothingly,"It's alright now. I'm here." 

They blend in with the crowd. Krystal was looking on the ground the entire 5 minutes. 

"Forget that . Were do you want to go? You did not buy anything yet have you?" He asked, forcing a bright smile, trying to cheer up the mood.

She wants to go back to the hotel but seeing the shops ahead, she had the feeling that Tao would want to explore more. She do not want her weakness to spoil his time here. 

"Anywhere you want." She answered in the end.

Tao observed her face. She looked pale and there was fear lingering in her eyes still. He sighed, disappointed with himself for letting it happen. He carefully place their interlaced fingers into his pocket. 

"Ok. But I've to keep you with me. Until we get back." He casually say. 

Krystal was keeping a straight face athough her cheeks was burning. 

They went into a women's dress shop when Tao requested for her to try on some clothes.

"We've been walking, buying my stuff. Can you try it on at least? You must buy something! You're a girl!" He nagged, flipping through the lines of dresses on the hangers.He pick out some modest dresses because he notice Krystal's a simple girl who always use jeans and plain top all the time.

"I don't wear them, why should I buy?" She argued, rejecting all the dresses shove to her.

"Change, now. Hurry!" He push her into the changing room. 

The minute she came out with the black sleek dress with long lace sleeve, Tao gazed at her. It was an intense gaze that she went back into the changing room out of embarrassment.

A soft smile carve his lips before he makes his way to the salesgirl.

"Get me one of that." He gave her his black card.

Tao carried the loads of shopping bag in one hand while the other swinging their interlocked hands lightly. 

"You look beautiful in that dress you know?" He praised. 

"Right.." She rolled her eyes. 

"Mhmm. Very. " He continued. "Like a Goddess."

"Can you stop it?" She waved off the compliments, leaving him grinning. 

"Ok, you look ugly." He then say. 

Tao sent her all the way to the front door of her hotel room. 

"Goodnight Goddess." He winked mischievously. 

"Goodnight Hero." She winked back playfully.

"Anyway, before I go, here." Tao nervously handed over the branded paper bag, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What's this?" She asked curiously, a tinge of surprise in her voice. 

"Just a small gift from me." He quietly say before adding, "Wear it someday, alright." Then he quickly turned around and left, leaving her dumbfounded. 

Did he really bought her the dress? Krystal knew it looked great on her but it was too expensive even though she's a celebrity to even consider buying. Once in the room, she carefuly took out the sleek black dress out of the bag and stood, mesmerized. It's stunning.

"Thank you, Zitao." 

 

 

**Hope you like this, dear readers. (: