The Jerk and his sidekick

The Jerk and his sidekick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You do know that even if you continue stabbing that fish, it wouldn't come back alive?", his bestfriend, Ryeowook, clucked his tongue at him.

Kyuhyun paused his stabbing and sighed heavily into the hand that was supporting his chin. 

The petite boy on the other side of the table rolled his eyes, "That's the hundredth time I've heard you sigh. If you're that worried that hyukjae-shii would get the wrong idea, which I don't understand why it is a cause of worry at all because you've had a crush on him since god knows when, then just act like you don't remember. You told me you were drunk didn't you?"

"I was, but still sober enough to know what I'm doing.", kyuhyun buried his face into his palms.

After a while, he let out a pitiful whimper, "Ryeowook, I think my life is ruined."

"I thought it already was.",   the named dismissed him uninterestedly with a small wave of his hand.

Kyuhyun jerked up and glared at his so-called best friend, "Thanks. Some friend you are."

"You're welcome.", ryeowook replied smugly and returned to flipping his encyclopedia.

Kyuhyun groaned. "Can you stop flipping that stupid book?  Your best friend here is about to die of anxiety and all you care about is that book?"

The smaller boy shot him a dark look, "Cho GeniusKyu, just because you are smart doesn't mean everyone else also is. Besides-", he flipped another page of the book, "you aren't dead yet."

Ryeowook expected kyuhyun to return more snide remarks, but all that he faced was silence. Curious, he peeked above his thick encyclopedia and saw his best friend smiling at him creepily. Five years of friendship isn't just for show, ryeowook immediately understood what that smile meant.

He widened his eyes in terror, "NO. You're not going to do that."

However kyuhyun only returned him a wide smirk, and waved his Samsung Galaxy 4 at ryeowook.

"Nooooo. Why are you so childish?", the petite boy yelled in dismay, "You can't always hack my phone whenever you lose an argument!"

Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at the wailing boy who was cradling his phone. "Serves you right!", he shouted, then quickly sprinting away before ryeowook went bonkers. He shook his head while sprinting down the corridor still amused at how he could always pull off this trick despite having done it countless times on ryeowook.

. Kyuhyun halted abruptly.

Hyukjae was approaching from the other end of the corridor. There's so many people here, I'm sure he didn't see me. Kyuhyun kept his head as low as possible and quickened his footsteps to avoid hyukjae. Then, kyuhyun held his breath because hyukjae was so near, almost beside him. He prayed, please, don't see me. Please-

"Kyuhyun.", a deep voice that belonged to hyukjae called him.

Ah- damn. Kyuhyun brought his head up slowly and forced a smile, "Hi, hyukjae. You're early!"

The redhead did not reply kyuhyun, instead he shifted closer and backed kyuhyun up all the way against the wall. Reaching over the younger, hyukjae pressed both arms onto the wall, successfully caging kyuhyun into the narrow space between himself and the wall.

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes when he saw the younger avoid eye contact with him. "Look at me.", he ordered, using his right hand to lift the boy's chin.

Hyukjae was infuriated. Terrible, would be a word to describe his mood now.

Applying a slight pressure on kyuhyun's chin, he growled, "Where were you this morning?"

. I was so distracted by what happened yesterday, that I came school alone today, without hyukjae. And hyukjae hated going to school alone. I'm screwed. Holding back a wince, kyuhyun answered meekly, "Hyukjae, I'm so sorry. It wasn't on purpose, I forgot that I needed to wait for you."

"Sorry?", hyukjae raised his voice, "You don't look like you're sorry. If I hadn't stop you just now, you'd have avoided me, am I right?"

Tightening his grip on kyuhyun's chin, he hissed, "Seems like I've been too soft on you lately. You're forgeting your place as my sidekick."

Kyuhyun in a huge breath, as he felt his chin throb in pain. He hadn't seen this scary side of hyukjae for a long time, and honestly, he was really frightened. "S-sorry. I-I'm sorry.", his voice trembled as he tried to apologise.

Hyukjae's released his grip abruptly, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling in his heart when he saw the glaring red patch amongst kyuhyun's soft fair skin. He trailed his hand down the side of the younger's face, to his neck, caressing the soft skin there. Leaning close beside kyuhyun's ear, he whispered, "You'll receive your punishment at the rooftop after school today.", then he intentionally clutch the boy's neck harder than necessary to emphasise his point.

"Y-yes.", kyuhyun dropped his head, shivering as he remembered the last punishment he received, a few years ago, when he just became hyukjae's sidekick. Because the older's temper was very hard to grasp, and he himself didn't exactly have a good temper too, he had suffered alot of punishments at first. But after accompanying hyukjae for so long, he had grasped all of hyukjae's likes and dislikes, and so he hadn't received any punishments for a long time. And frankly, he had almost forgotten what it feels like to be forced to take punches for five minutes without falling down. If he fell, then the punishment would have to restart.

Even though he had been so good to you lately, hyukjae is still the same devil. Cho Kyuhyun, how could you have forgotten that?

Kyuhyun spent the rest of the day dreading what would await him after school. He didn't even listen to any of the teachers, not even during his favourite mathematics lesson. Ryeowook noticed his situation,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter