ii - coma

goodbye summer

he cried when he heard. it took myungsoo a moment to process, but he cried. he leaned against the wall and sobbed. his mother and sister got in a car accident. it was expected that his mother would be fine- but his sister- she flew through the windshield.

lizzy drove him to the hospital, and he cried the whole hour it took to get there. she really was his best friend, because it was midnight, and she still drove him there and held his hand the whole way.

he couldn't speak properly from all his crying, so lizzy spoke in her fairly low voice and got the passes to the intensive care unit. he sobbed and gasped, trembling and trying not to cry as he walked down the hallway with amber still holding his hand tightly.

when he finally saw his sister, the girl who had once been his cool, beautiful big sister, fresh out of surgery with her head inflammed with dark eyelids and bandages covering the top of her head and a tube out of helping her breathe, he knew it was real and his mind blanked.

myungsoo nudged him slightly, whispering softly for him to go by his sister's side, because even in her condition, even if she couldn't respond, she could still hear his voice. so he listened, and walked up to his sister. he started to cry as he held her hand and spoke between sobs. her hand was cold.

"noona-i know-you can hear me-and i just- i don't know. you can hear me right? you know i love you and that you're what's always made me happy. but- i can't- i don't- i don't know. i treasure you. please... if you stay... i don't know... where will you go?"


a/n: this chapter is a personal one, written from an experience.