iii - warmth

goodbye summer

a soft sigh escaped his lips as he flopped into bed. today was way too stressful. he had his biology and history finals today- and that was like the worst combination in the world. he couldn't be blamed for wanting to lay in bed the rest of the hours of the day.

he stripped himself of all his bothersome clothing until he was in just his boxers. for a moment he considered taking them off too, but he decided against it with a shake of his head. he was perfectly fine like this for now.

he shifted and moved around until he was comfortably rolled into his blanket, covering himself up with his other blanket and burying his face in his pillows. his bed, for once, felt snug and comfortable. like it had been calling to him all his life.

he couldn't even hear his mental clock ticking inside. everything was calm and quiet, and he was warm and tired. it felt so good to be wrapped in warmth. it could almost compare to his mother's arms when he was a baby.

even if it's not quite there, he was still comfortable and warm. he wanted to sleep. and he knew it wouldn't be a challenge. his whole body had warmed up by now, and it was a pleasure to know he could sleep for the rest of the day. he mumbled to himself quietly with a soft smile.
"warmth is happiness with a temperature."