Why Did It End Up So Wrong?

Smile

Sunny looked at her phone.

 

From: Yul

Ya! I’m dying over here. When are you coming?

 

She faintly smiled. Fingers pressed down on the keypad.

 

To Yul:

Wait a bit longer. I’m heading there right now. Did you girls serve the cake yet?

 

From Yul: No. The B-Day girl wanted to wait for you.

 

Her cheeks were a light shade of pink. She grinned widely like the love-struck fool she was.

 

From Yul: By the way, there’s this really cute girl over here. She has these incredible doe eyes. Her name’s Yoona. You know her?

 

            Sunny frowned softly as she pulled up in front of a house. Her friend never mentioned anyone named Yoona. Meh, maybe she just forgot to.

 

            She opened the car’s door and slammed it shut. She slowly walked towards the house. Her right hand held a keychain of a character her friend loved. Her left hand behind her back held a flower with a note attached.

 

When she got to the door, she rang the doorbell. Not a second later did it open. She immediately got tackled by something.

 

“Sunny! I am so glad you came. Quick, Sooyoung threatened to stuff my entire cake into her pitless stomach!”

 

            Sunny soon got dragged through the living room and into the backyard. Her eyes looked around in amazement. A normal, boring backyard turned to a fairy-tale within a few hours. She wondered how was it possible that Taeyeon and Tiffany managed to do all of this without fooling around with each other.

 

            The duo eventually reached to a wooden table where everyone was and a rather large cake sat upon. Fifteen candles were scattered around on it with words spread across.

 

~To the lovable maknae of our family, Happy Birthday Seohyun~

 

“Better blow out the candles before Sooyoung eats them too-ack!”

 

            Sooyoung smacked Yuri on the back of her head. Sunny smirked, which turned into a smile as Seohyun blew the candles out so adorably.

 

“YES! You’re finally fifteen. We can get you drunk as hell now!” Sooyoung pumped her fists wildly into the air. She soon felt a cold glare wash over her. The shikshin slowly turned her head in fear.

 

“What did you say about Seobaby?” Jessica crossed her arms over her chest. An angry pout rested on her face. It would’ve been cute if she wasn’t holding a beautiful, sharp knife. Today wasn't a good day at all.

 

“WHOA, BABE! Did I say drunk? I meant-umm-uh-FUNK! Funky as hell! That’s right, let’s get our funky on! Mooooove to the right! Mooooove to the left! Now shake that hip! And scream-MAMAAAA!!!!”

 

            Sunny shook her head in amusement as Jessica dragged her idiotic girlfriend away. She wondered how they handled each other. It was impossible to imagine that the tall giant managed to serenade the ice princess. 

 

“SICA! HONEY! BABE! YOU LOVE ME RIGHT!?!? WHERE ARE YOU POINTING THAT-HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

            She ignored the yelling and looked back to comment to Seohyun about the unique pair when she saw her talking to someone she never saw before. They had doe eyes. Her eyes narrowed. Is this the Yoona Yuri was talking about? She made her way towards them.

 

“Hey Seohyun. Who’s this?”

 

            Said girl turned her head around and aimed an angelic smile at her. Sunny’s heart went a bit faster. She couldn’t help, but smile too.

 

“Sunny unnie! This is Yoona. Yoona, meet Sunny unnie.”

 

“Nice to meet you Sunny. I’ve heard a lot of things about you. You seem like quite the gamer.”

 

Sunny observed the girl. She was taller than herself, which made her feel pretty pissed. She had a baby face and a smooth, soft voice. Her arms were longer than her own legs.

 

“Thanks. We could call each other up sometime soon and maybe play a few games. Is it okay if I take the birthday girl away for a few minutes?”

 

The Yoona girl smiled at her. Only Sunny caught the small frown from before.

 

“Sure! Just come back soon. The fireworks are going to start soon.”

 

Sunny thanked her and pulled Seohyun away to a secluded place. Up in the treehouse. Her hands got sweaty as they got closer. She was so nervous. Her mind was filled with so many ifs.

 

What if she rejects me? I won’t be able to handle it if she pushes me away. What if I mess up? What if she thinks this is a joke? What if-

 

“So what did you want me for?”

 

Sunny looked at the girl who stole her heart. Her breath stopped as the girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Everything she did was breathtaking to her.

 

“H-here’s your g-gift. Forgot to give it to you early.” She awkwardly laughed.

 

 Smooth move there stupid.

 

“A limited Keroro keychain?! Thank you so much Sunny unnie! I really wanted this.” Seohyun hugged Sunny tightly. She didn’t notice the other girl clutching her chest to stop the rapid heart-beats.

 

            She reached down in her pocket to hand the amazing girl before her the flower when Seohyun hesitantly opened .

 

“Can I …talk to you about something personal? You seemed like the best choice out of all the other unnies and well… it’s kind of embarrassing…?” Seohyun mumbled.

 

Sunny nodded ever so faintly. She didn’t dare speak for she was overwhelmed with the vast amount of cuteness she just saw.

 

“So you know that girl you just met? Well, she makes me feel so strange unnie. I felt like I could soar above in the endless sky when she smiled at me then crash downwards to nowhere whenever she wasn’t with me. I feel myself going crazy whenever I am around her. My heart burns so bad like somebody lit it on fire and my stomach feels like a thousand rhinoceroses stampeded over it. Unnie, tell me, am I sick? Am I going to die soon?” Seohyun rambled with her eyes wide, scared of the answer.

 

            Sunny laughed bitterly at the ridiculous thoughts the girl came up with. She ripped the note off the flower and patted the naïve girl’s head.

 

“You’re so cute Seo. I think you like her and no, I don’t think you can die from that.”

 

“I-it is? Omo, what should I do?!”

 

“I’ll help you out…so don’t worry! It’ll be fine. And here…it’s another present I forgot to give to you.” She handed over the flower.

 

Seohyun wrapped her arms tightly around the older girl, not realizing her heart broke even further. She then climbed down the treehouse and headed towards the girl that made her feel these feelings.

 

All was quiet until a person shuffling up interrupted the peace. Sunny turned her head, thinking it was a certain Keroro lover. When it turned out to be Yuri, her hopes dashed.

 

“Oh, it’s just you. What do you want?”

 

                           Said girl raised her hands as if she was accused. She grinned, but then gave a serious look and sighed.

 

“I think I like someone.”

 

                           Sunny turned her head towards the girl. What’s the deal with everyone nowadays? Can’t they just die lonely?

 

“With who?”

 

“…Yoona.”

 

                           She snorted in disdain. This Yoona girl was quite the catch.

 

“What’s so funny?” Yuri fumed.

 

“Nothing, just that she likes someone who likes her too…”

 

“Who is it?! I’ll pummel them to the ground and tear them a new pair!”

 

“…”

 

“Just tell me Sunny. It’s just a crush. It’ll go away soon anyways. I just want to give the person my congrats”

 

“…Seohyun.”

 

                           Yuri looked scandalized.

 

“Seobaby? You mean the kid who loves that green glob and reads books thick enough to crack your head?”

 

                           Sunny glared at her. How dare she insult her.

 

“It’s Keroro you oaf, and…yes.”

 

“…well…as long as they’re happy. I don’t know about you, but I feel a bit sad now.”

 

“I guess so...”

 

“I know you like her too.”

 

“Yoona? Oh hell no. I just met her. Unlike you, I don’t fall the minute I see someone and hit them up the very next.”

 

“...damn, you're rude. And I was talking about Seobaby you huge butthole.”

 

            Yuri looked at Sunny. The girl froze when she said sentence. She hit the nail on the spot. She sighed again.

 

“Are you gonna keep it to yourself? You’ll only hurt more. I swear…if I were you, I’d beat myself up for being such a .”

 

“I just don’t want her to feel uncomfortable around me.”

 

            Yuri sighed once again. She seemed to be doing that a lot today. She walked towards the exit, but turned around once more.

 

“Don’t regret what you didn’t do. Sometimes, it’s better to know than not.”

 

Sunny leaned against the railings after Yuri left. She smiled wistfully. Her chest constricted painfully. She felt something wet splash on her arm. She looked up at the sky, but it wasn’t raining. She then realized her face was damp.

 

Huh. Are these tears?

 

            She shook her head and reached down her pocket and grabbed the note she ripped from the flower. She read it once more before crumpling it and stuffed it back in her pocket.

 

She fell against the railing and sobbed to the dark sky that seemed to mock her. No one could hear her over the crackling of the fireworks shot in the air. What a perfect timing it was.

 

I got you this flower because you’re as precious as one to me. That’s what happened to me the second we bumped into each other. Remember how I rambled on and on? Keke, well you were so stunning I couldn’t help, but stammer. Five years passed by since then. There’s nothing perfect in this crappy world, but I have to say, you’re the closest thing. Did you know its’ name is Gloxinia? The flower I meant. That means love at first sight and that’s what happened to me. Even though I might make mistakes every now and then, although we’re both girls, and although you might be hesitant, will you give this love-struck fool a chance to love you?