Things Got to Start Somewhere

Smile

          A twelve-year-old girl was lounging around at a library. A pencil twiddled in between her thumb and forefinger while a never ending stack of the diabolical invention ever made named homework laid out on the table in front of her. She was beyond aggravated.

 

“Damn this world! Forcing me to deal with all this crap. Oh you better watch out Mr. Hater-Of-The Beautiful-Godly-Gamer-Aegyo-Queen-Sunny-Therefore-More-Pain-For-Her. I’ll get you one day and your goddamn ugly dog. First I’ll get some videos from his stash and distribute it to his mother…”

 

            She continued ranting horrifying threats as she got up to head towards the bathroom. While looking at the fascinating floor, she did not see the person in front of her who had a staggering amount of books. Eventually, they crashed.

 

            Sunny immediately fell to the floor. She rubbed her behind. What kind of blubbering idiot would-

 

“I am sincerely sorry Miss! Are you okay?” A person asked.

 

            Sunny looked up. opened slightly. Her ability of speech suddenly vanished. In front of her was an adorable girl looking at her with worry. The girl’s chocolate, brown eyes were so warm and alluring that she couldn’t help, but stare. Her complexion was a soft, milky, vanilla. Straight, black hair flowed down her shoulders.

 

Whoa. Why does she look so enchanting? Maybe I’m dead and went straight to heaven to witness this crazy, beautiful-

 

“Excuse me? Are you okay?” The girl shyly inquired.

 

            OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What should I say?!?! Quick! Before she goes away.

 

“CHEESE IS ALL I NEED. SAY YOU LOVE ME. UNICORNS MAKE ME GO GAGA. SURGEONS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN. NAKE-“ She was then interrupted by the most beautiful thing she ever heard. A small, whimsical sound of laughter.

 

“You are a very interesting person. I am sorry to stop you from continuing your speech, but may you perhaps help me pick these up?” The girl bashfully asked, pointing at the momentarily forgotten novels.

 

Sunny sprang up and dusted off imaginary fluff from her legs. How could she forget? This was probably why they bumped into each other in the first place. Duh.

 

“Sorry about that. Didn’t watch where I was going. I’m Sunny…what’s your name?”

 

“Seo Ju Hyun, but you can call me Seohyun.” The girl now identified as Seohyun meekly stated.

 

“Nice to meet you Seohyun.”

 

A small flame ignited in her heart as they shook hands. Sunny could tell this was going to be the start of something phenomenal.