The Truth

The Truth

 Chapter 1 :  The Truth 

The Truth - Part 1

You walked through the hallways of the school, ignoring the bunch of people who were staring at you, with despise. You held your books tight, grabbing them and bravely walk passes the students in the school. You blinked your eyes tight and mentally telling yourself that you can go through this hell.

Your books also got affected by you, wet. Your wet clothes were the cause of your books getting wet. You sighed in frustration as you see it being damp. Water was dripping from your long shiny black messy hair, and dripped on your books, but you didn’t care a bit. The only thing that you cared now was a way to avoid people and not get seen by any single living thing.

A spark came into your mind. The toilet. The toilet was a way to avoid stares from people. You headed to the end of the hallway and slipped inside the girl’s toilet. You thought that no one was there, but you were wrong. Terribly wrong.

 As you went inside the toilet, three pairs of eyes looked straight at you, and you got startled. You met their eyes and put your head low. You stood there weakly as you knew that you can’t avoid them.

“Hey, loser.” Lee Sa Yeong, the top bully in my school spoke.

“H-hey, Sa Ye –“

“Sapphire.” She said.

You slightly looked at her and she was already looking fuming.

“How many times I must tell you to call me by the name Sapphire, not Lee Sa Yeong.?” She fumed.

“I-I’m sorry, Sapphire.” You put my head real low this time, so that you won’t be looking rude to her.

“Oh?” she gasped. “Your clothes are still wet?” she said sarcastically.

Of course, you dummy. You did this to me last 15 minutes ago. Of course it’s still wet.

You rolled my eyes mentally. But nah… You can say that to her, but it’ll get worse.

So, you kept quiet.

She went around me and stared at me from head to toe.

“Hmm… it seems like you enjoy getting wet, don’t you?” she said as she hold on my shoulder. “Maybe we should play it again, next time. It’ll be more fun, I’m sure.”

She let a wide smirk on her face.

“Let’s go girls,” Lee Sa Yeong signalled. “Loser, see you later~” she said it in a high pitched voice which I think hurts my ears so bad.

She went out of the toilet, until she disappeared. You put down my books on the sink and squeezed out all the water out of my hair. You dried myself a bit before you go back to my classroom.

You were greeted with loads of scolding from Mr. Kim, my mathematics teacher. He gave me a detention after school because you came extremely late for class and take it as truancy for skipping classes plus my unacceptable attire to class because it was obvious that you were drenched with water and my clothes were wet.

You went to the detention room, and were greeted by two other boys. One of them stood up and offered a seat to me, and you rejected it at first. But at last, you sat in between the two boys. They seemed nice, but why are they doing in this hell room?

“You’re Kim Yeon Soo, am I right?” the guy that offered you a seat asked.

“Well, yeah. How did you –“

“You’re popular, that’s how we know you.” The guy said.

“Oh, yeah. True.” You smiled.

“I’m Kim Jong In, aka Kai.” he at last introduced themselves.

“I’m Oh Sehun.” The other guy said.

You shooked their hands and suddenly you felt like an electric shock run through down my spine. This feeling is so weird. You quickly took my hand away from them, in shock but you tried to maintain my reaction. Both of them smirk and looked in front.

Ah, so weird.

“By the way, what’s your offence?” you asked.

“The same as yours.” Sehun said. “Late for class.”

“Oh, how did you know what was my offence?” you asked, not believing that the both of them knew what you did wrong.

Sehun smirk and Kai just smiled.

Oh, okay, this is getting creepier than you thought.

The teacher in charge of the detention class came and we did a 1000 word essay which lasted for 3 hours. Your palm perspired and my fingers were sore. You wrote the last word and put down my pen and stretched my arms and fingers and neck. You looked both my sides and both of them were sleeping. Have they finished the essay?

They looked like they have fallen into deep sleep. Which means that they must have been sleeping since just now.

“Student Kim Yeon Soo, can you help me to wake those two and collect their essays and pass them to me?” the teacher spoke.

“Oh.”

“Now.” The teacher let out a stern voice.

I quickly got out from my seat and woke up Kai first. You don’t know why but he kinda looks handsome while he sleeps. Like an angel? Oh wells, forget about emotions. You shook his arm a few times and he woke up and rubbed his eyes.

“Uhh… what?” he asked.

“Umm… I need your essay. Detention’s over.” You said.

He gave you the paper and said thanks. Same goes to Sehun. It seems like he woke up by himself.

“Let’s go, Sehun.” Kai said and stretched his body. Sehun showed an ‘ok’ sign.

You gave the papers to the teacher and grabbed my bag and books. Both of them were outside of class. You walked out of class and walked behind them.

From those three hours, you kept thinking weird stuff about them. Like you see, both of them finished their essays like a lightning speed and even have the time to sleep. Unlike you, you struggle to finish it. You barely finish that 1000 word essay in 3 hours. Your hands even ache like there’s tomorrow. They even knew what wrong you did. I mean – were they even there?!? And as stared at them more and more, you just realised something, both of them kind of appeared in your dreams.

“Yah, I told you to use your teleport powers so that we could reach class on time! We’ve wasted our time on detention.” Sehun spoke.

Teleport powers? What is he talking about?

“Yah, people might see it, you dummy.” Kai responded and smack his arm.

What. Are. They. Talking. About.? Powers? People might see it? W-whuttt?

“Hey, but we’ve found her, you know. Now we can protect her.” Kai said.

Oh, god. What am I hearing right this moment? What sorcery is this?

Both of them went inside an alley. I kinda followed them but they disappeared. I got panicked and didn’t know what to believe right that moment. I decided to just go home.

That night, you dreamt about them again, but now with they were both each beside two other person; a woman and a man. They look majestic, you might say. You saw another guy also, smiling at you.


 I shield myself from the water balloons, by using both my hands but it wasn’t reliable at all. You got wet at the end.

“Haha! This is fun!” Sapphire said, throwing more water balloons to me.

“Please, stop.” I sniffed as the water went into my nose.

“Oh, no no no. I promised you that this time will be much more interesting and fun so we prepared some flour!” Sapphire said

She opened up a big packet of flour and threw it at me. I coughed when the flour went inside my throat and nose. I fell onto the ground, feeling suffocated.

“We forgot about the eggs.” Sapphire smirk. “Bring it out, girls.”

Her allies brought out 2 cartons of eggs and threw it again at me, this time one of the shells hit my forehead and it bled. Some of the eggs were throw at the same part of the face, I think my face is gonna bruise.

“Stop!” a voice broke the tense moment.

Now, what?

I slowly put down my hands and those guys from yesterday, came towards me. Sehun and Kai let out their hands to me and I appreaciately accept it. I stood up and looked at them.

“Why are you guys here?” I asked them in a soft voice.

“Stay behind us.” Kai said.

I stayed behind them, since he told me to.

“Please stop this. Why are you hurting her?” Kai said.

“Who are you two?” Sapphire said and crossed her arms.

“We are her guardians.” Sehun said.

What, guardians?

“We are her to protect our princess.” Kai said.

Omg. They are talking nonsense again… I pulled both of their shoulders and glazed at them.

“What are you talking about?” I asked sternly.

“Stay behide us, princess. We’ll settle this.” Kai said and Sehun nodded his head with a determined expression.

What are these crazy guys doing? Like seriously?

Both of them stared at the three bullies and I’m here like a stone.

“It looks like you three need to discuss something. We’ll back off. See you again, loser.” Sapphire said, and walked away.

Kai and Sehun turned to me and smiled widely.

“We need to talk. Like, I’m serious.” I said and pulled both their hands to a deserted place.