Chapter 1: Another day at school?

Fate and Destiny

Chapter 1: Another day at school?

 

“OHMYGOSH KIRSTY WAKE UP!” shouted Chaerin.

 

I rubbed my eyes and stared at the brunette sitting at the foot of my bed, smiling happily- too happily.I stretched and looked at the time. It was only 745am and school only starts at 9am.

 

“What?” I grumbled as I grabbed my bolster and turned to the other side, getting ready to fall back to sleep. “Don't sleep! I got something important to share!” Chaerin squealed excitedly and started to jump on my bed.

 

Annoyed, I sat up and asked, “What is it?” Chaerin smiled and whispered. “Taeyang asked me out for a date tomorrow!” I laughed and shook my head. Taeyang has been Chaerin's crush since like forever.

 

“I need help to choose an outfit.” she started to explain. “Nope. Not going to.” I shook my head frantically. The last time I helped her choose an outfit, it took literally 5 hours, and yep, she was late for her date. Plus, I failed my test as I was helping her instead of studying. For 5 hours.

 

“Please?” she looked at me hopefully. “We'll see. But for now. I'm going to change so get out.” Chaerin clapped her hands happily and walked out of my room.

 

“Finally.” I sighed in relief and walked into the connected toilet and took a quick shower and wash up. Standing in front of my closet, I was deciding on my outfit. 

 

Outfit to school:

Satisfied with my outfit, I put on lip gloss and walked down the stairs to the dining area.

 

“Hi Kirsty!” greeted Dara and Minji who was eating pancakes, TOP oppa and Taeyang oppa were spreading butter over bread while Daesung was eating salad. Chaerin was drinking her smoothie as usual and Bom was eating strawberries. “Where's Seungri?” I asked as I realised the troublemaker wasn't at the table.

 

“Here noona!” he shouted and jumped behind me, shocking me. “Omo, Seungri, stop doing that.” He chuckled and took a seat opposite Minji and started to . Shaking my head and smiling, I sat down beside Taeyang.

 

“I heard about tomorrow.” I whispered to him and he stopped eating his bread halfway, “What. H-how did you know.” I giggled. “I have information, just make sure you give her a good time ya.” I took a cup and poured some milk and ate a waffle with eggs.

 

“The other time I saw this dress and it was to die for I swear...” said Dara to Bom. Chaerin was using her phone while Top was chatting with Daesung. Taeyang was eating his bread nervously while Seungri and Minji were still teasing each other.

 

“Guys, it's 845. We need to leave” reminded Daesung. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 845, our classrooms were 10 minutes away by foot. We hurriedly placed the dirty dishes in the sink and got out of the house, talking and chatting with each other as we made our way to our first lessons, smiling at everyone who stopped to greet us, we were the most popular students on campus I guess.

 

Walking into the building, we said our goodbyes as Top, Bom and Dara went to the third level classrooms while Minji, Daesung and Seungri stayed on the first floor, Taeyang, Chaerin and I walked to the second floor.

 

“So, I hope today will be good?” I tried to break off the awkwardness.

 

“Yeah..” replied Taeyang and Chaerin nodded her head. After what seemed like forever, we reached our classroom. Taeyang and Chaerin sat together (why did they even sit together?) and I sat alone behind them. 

 

“RINGGGGGG” rang the school bell, signaling the start of the school day.

 

“Alright class, we will be continuing on …....” and the lesson went on for 2 hours. After another 1 hour of lessons we had lunch break and we all met at the dining hall.

 

“Haha did you see her face?” joked Seungri to Minji and they started laughing, I guess they pulled a prank, typical of them. I turned and looked at Bom and Top laughing and talking and I saw Taeyang talking to Dara- did I mention that they were cousins? Chaerin was helping Daesung with some homework and I joined Dara and Taeyang.

 

“Are you going back for Uncle Kim Won's birthday?” asked Dara. “I guess so. I mean he is 98 years old, so we should go back. Hey Kirsty” answered Taeyang who smiled at me when he saw me walking with them. Dara looked at me and smiled, running over to my side. “I need help. I don't know if I should go for his birthday...” and Dara continued to list the pros and cons as we ordered our food and sat at our table.

 

Seungri and Minji finally stopped laughing and started to help each other with their work, Chaerin was still teaching Daesung while Top was talking to Taeyang. Looking to my right, I see Dara picking on her salad.

 

“Dara, are you okay?” I asked as I ate my pasta. “Yup, I'm fine. Don't worry.” she flashed me a smile and started to eat her salad. I turned back my attention to my food when suddenly someone shouted. “Nara! Joo-seok is coming!” I rolled my eyes and stared at the self-proclaimed guy who thought was the perfect guy for me, walking towards me. I'd rather date a pig than him. All the guys stood up and glared at him as he approached us.

 

“What do you want?” asked Top. “I want to talk to Nara. Hi Nara darling.” I gagged. “Don't call me that.” I shouted. “So sweetheart? Or baby?” he continued, trying to get pass the boys who were standing infront of me, creating a barrier. “OHMYGOSH STOP IT! DESPO MUCH” shouted Chaerin as she shot daggers at him with her eyes. “Yeah, get lost.” were all heard from students in the dining hall.

 

Joo-seok had his own gang who was standing behind him, a mixture of boys and girls whose parents were lawyers and judges.

 

“Fine, bye my baby Nara.” he said and blowed kisses towards me and left the dining hall with his group. “Gross.” I remarked and sat down. “You seriously need to call the police or some mental institution for that idiot.” Minji said. “Yeah noona. I don't like the way he and his friends looked at you.” Seungri said, worried. “Nothing to worry about guys. It's the campus, it's perfectly safe.” and they all looked at me as if I've gone nuts.

 

“Okay, I will only walk around campus with one of you guys. Safe enough?” I asked which earned nods from all of them.

 

“Alright, I need to go back to the house to get some stuff for the lesson later.” I said. “I'll go with you” volunteered Chaerin. “Thanks girl. See you guys later. Bye” I waved goodbye to them and walked back to the house with Chaerin.

 

The campus is really safe, he has been pestering me for months but nothing had happened yet. While walking, Chaerin and I started to joke and chat. “RINGGG” rang Chaerin's phone. She picked it up, “What? Okay, hold on.” she ended the call. “I need to go back. Hye Li needs help.” I smiled and hurried her back. I was reaching the house soon anyway.

 

I walked and hummed to a random tune when I heard someone behind me. “Nara darling. Don't you miss me?” I turned around and saw the ert aka Joo-seok. He smiled at me and walked closer to me, backing me to a wall. “Let me go.” I shouted. “Nuh uh. No one's here now.” he grinned as he started to smell my hair (gross i know) and take off my cardigan while pinning my hands to the wall behind me. "STOP IT!" I shouted as tears started spilling down, I was disgusted by his actions when suddenly I heard someone shouting "LET GO OF HER!" 

 

I heard a guy's voice, which I wasn't familiar with. I looked at the person who helped me. He was very handsome, with brown eyes which matches him well. His clothes were very stylish and he had a Sesame Street luggage behind him. “A luggage?” I whispered. “Now's not the time Kirsty.” I thought as I broke free from Joo-seok's grip and ran behind the stranger.

 

“Who are you?” demanded Joo-seok angrily. “Kwon Ji Yong.” the stranger answered in anger as well. Joo-seok backed away and ran away, while shouting. “NARA YOU ARE LUCKY”

 

I rolled my eyes at his weirdness but was relieved that he will stop pestering me.

 

“Ah, I'm so sorry.” I bowed to the stranger who was called Kwon Ji Yong. “Hi, I didn't mean to see that. I was just walking pass and..” he started to explain. I giggled. “It's fine. Thank you so much.” I picked up my cardigan and offered my hand to him. “Kirsty Lee Na Ra.” He took my hand and shook it. “Kwon Ji Yong.” and we both laughed.

 

“So why are you here Jiyong?” I asked and pointed at his luggage. “Moving in?” “Yup. I'm supposed to be staying in The Loft but I can't seem to find it.” he smiled sheepishly, scratching his head. I gasped, so he is staying with us. “Oh, that's where I stay. Come on, I will bring you there. It's just here.” I lead the way and we made small talk. I found out that he was a year older than me, the same age as Taeyang. His family owned several businesses, some associated with my family's.

 

“Here we are.” I introduced as I unlocked the front door. I brought him to the third level and brought him into an empty room, opposite mine.

 

Bedrooms (second level)

 

Seungri || Daesung|| Stairs|| Minji|| Entertainment room

 

Top || Bom || Stairs|| Dara|| Toilets

Bedrooms (third level)

 

Kirsty|| Chaerin || Stairs|| Library|| Guest room

 

Jiyong|| Taeyang || Stairs|| Toilets|| Guest room

 

“It's one of the last few guest rooms, unless you want to stay beside the library and toilets, alone then.” I smiled as he placed his luggage and bag on the floor.

 

“Thank you so much Kirsty.” he smiled and gave me a hug and I hugged back. “No prob! Once everyone is back, you will get to meet them! Oh wait, are you going for lessons now or?” He smiled and shook his head. “Lessons will start for me next monday but I would like to tour the school.” “Ah, I can bring you around, I'll just tell the teachers, I hate the lessons today anyway” and we both laughed.

 

“Erm, I'll go to the toilet first.” he said and ran to the toilet, I guess he was really urgent. I sat on the bed and looked around the room. It was empty with the exception of the queen size bed I'm sitting on, a study table, a bookshelf, wardrobe and a small table and 2 chairs beside the window. I made a mental note to ask him to go shopping for his room.

 

“Let's go.” Jiyong said as he stepped back into the room. “Oh, I'm sorry for sitting on your bed..” “It's fine.” he smiled and we walked out of the house. “So, introduction of the house first?” “Sure.”

 

“Alright. Skipping the boring history part, basically this house is called The Loft. It's basically where the richest kids stay at.” I explained as we walked to a bench. “Oh, so is everyone there nice? Or are they snobby? Not that I think you are it's just.” he nervously said. I giggled. “Everyone here is nice and they aren't snobby. Let's just say everyone in this school is nice. But it might all be an act, considering that this is an elite school with students that has parents who have strong influence.”

 

“True. Like that ert just now.” he said as his eyes hardened. “It's alright, really. Thanks to you though. But why did he run away after seeing you?” “His family owes a huge sum of money to my family. Let's just say that they haven't paid for quite a while and it won't be good if they ever see us.”

 

I nodded my head and stood up from the bench. “Alright! Let's visit the halls now!” I pulled him up and told him about the school as we walked around.

 

“So, I was looking at your room and it's really plain. If you need anything, ask me okay? I can go out with you to the stores to buy stuff for your room.” I said and he chuckled. “Okay. I will tell you when I'm free.”

 

As we walked along the pathway in a comfortable silence, several students start to walk pass us and stared at us, especially the girls who were giggling. I rolled my eyes at their effort and dragged him to the hall where the rest were at.

 

“Hi guys!” I greeted as I went to hug Chaerin and everyone stared at me, well more at Jiyong. “Umm, who's that Kirsty?” Top asked as I can see how wary he is of Jiyong. Shaking my head at their thoughts of him being a stalker, I introduced him to the rest of the gang.

 

“Guys, this is Jiyong. Jiyong, that is Dara, Bom, Chaerin and Minzy. And the youngest boy is Seungri there followed by Daesung. Youngbae oppa is as old as you and Top oppa is the oldest.” and everyone just smiled- awkwardly.

 

“Hi, I'm Jiyong.” he said and bowed which made everyone bow back. “Come on guys. This is awkward. Jiyong is staying with us!” I smiled and several of them were shocked while Youngbae oppa and Dara unni was smiling, I guess they knew him.

 

“So let's head back for early dinner. It's the maknaes turn to cook” Dara said as I heard Minzy and Seungri groaning in displeasure. I hooked my arm through Jiyong's and pulled him along with the group while everyone on campus except for us are staring at me and Jiyong.

 

“MAKNAE AH I WANT FRIES!” shouted Top. “Ani hyung.” Seungri immediately declined as the last time he tried to make fries, he almost burned the house down along with it. “So, how are you?” Youngbae asked as he walked beside us with the rest in front of us laughing and talking.

 

“Great I guess. Long time no see.” Jiyong smiled and so did Youngbae oppa. “Do you guys know each other?” I asked curiously. Both of them smiled and shook their head. “Who knows Kirsty.” he chuckled, ruffled my hair and walked to Daesung's side.

 

I rolled my eyes and fixed my hair. “We do know each other. We are very close in fact. But after moving to the States, I hardly kept in touch with Youngbae and Dara noona. So meeting them here is really unexpected but I'm glad I met them.” Jiyong said and I nodded my head in understanding.

 

“YA! MAKNAE I WANT WATER” shouted Top, again. He always bully Seungri. Luckily Minzy is spared from it as she went to prepare food and Seungri had to walk to the kitchen to get water for Top.

 

“So Jiyong, what does your family work as?” Bom asked as we all settled at the living room with her, Dara and Top on the sofa, Daesung and Taeyang on the beanbag while Jiyong, Chaerin and I sat on the floor.

 

“We have major businesses under us, like Kirsty's family. Actually, our companies are in collaboration with some of Kirsty's and Youngbae's”

 

“Ahhh, so what level are you in this year?” Bom asked.

 

“Same as Kirsty.” he replied, smiling while I heard giggling from the boys. Rolling my eyes at the possible teasing that is about to come, I quickly changed the topic.

 

“Minzy! Seungri! Are the food ready?” I shouted and Minzy shouted no.

 

“So Jiyong. How did you know our princess here?” asked Dara. Great, they are starting. “Who?”

 

“The pretty girl sitting next to you. Duh” Chaerin said and we all laughed.

 

“I helped her along the way and we introduced ourselves?” he said while scratching the back of his neck- obviously embarrassed and we all laughed. “YA WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!” shouted Seungri from the kitchen, angry that he couldn't join in the conversation. “NOTHING I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU BURN DOWN THE KITCHEN!” I shouted back and I could imagine Seungri pouting.

 

“Good one.” commented Daesung and we all laughed again. “So, what do you think of her?” Bom asked. “She's really nice and kind..” Jiyong said and I rolled my eyes at them. “That's all? Ya, Kirsty, you aren't pretty.” said Chaerin and Jiyong shook his head furiously with both of his hands in front of him, moving as well. “Ani! She's pretty too!” and we all laughed. “Come on guys. Stop teasing him. Minzy, is the food ready?” I shouted to Minzy.

 

“Yes! You guys can come now!” and we all stood up and walked to the dining table which was long enough to accommodate us. On the table were fries which Top started eating immediately, chicken chop, salad, kimchi fried rice and orange juice.

 

“Not bad. The fries tastes yummy and the kitchen isn't burnt down.” commented Youngbae. “Oppa, I cooked it. Not Seungri oppa. Of course it's nice. I cooked everything, he only poured the orange juice but he spilled it on the counter.” ranted Minzy and we laughed at Seungri who was red as a tomato.

 

“It's okay Minzy-ah, one day Seungri will cook by himself. For now let's just enjoy Minzy's cooking.” Daesung said and we all dug in.

 

After the early dinner which lasted for 2 hours, Dara and Bom went to Bom's room, probably shopping online. Top oppa and Daesung went to play some video games. Minzy and Seungri were clearing the dishes while Youngbae oppa and Jiyong went to Jiyong's room. Chaerin dragged me to her room as she wanted me to help her choose an outfit for her date tomorrow which was a Saturday and that's how the night ended.

 

A/N: It's a really crappy story and the plot is kind of lame to me haha. The story isn't that great either.. And I'll switch the names around so don't get too confused :) Do comment or subscribe! Thank you :)