Opacity

Bias

Pairing: Jonghyun/Key

Genre: Angst

Rating: PG-15

Summary: Kibum knows he just lost against fate.

 

 *****

 

Hot. He palms the hot liquid strolling down his cheeks. It doesn't matter now. The mark is vanishing. Bit by bit; identity dissolving to transparency. Kibum can feel it burning through his flesh. He can feel the small of his back aching - gone, gone, he'll never know.

 

He watches his soul mate walk down the aisle. He watches with keen eyes as Jonghyun -- mine, supposedly, should have been -- takes his place. He looks perfect. Kim Jonghyun is all sorts of beautiful in a crisp white tuxedo as he waits patiently until. The bride enters and then. Kibum chokes out a sob and hopes that nobody is observant enough to look around and notice him with blood-shot eyes.

 

Dark, almond eyes flutter shut. Squeezing out tears because that's as much as Kibum can do while he quietly stands on the sideline, watching the mark (pretty pearlescent blue, like Kibum's; exactly like Kibum's) on Jonghyun's left knuckles turn an innocent shade of cream and white and--

 

Kibum bites down on his lip. It stings and burns and . They're about to say it, say it, say the words that could kill Kibum like cancer cells injected directly on the organ in his chest. I do, he says. I do, she says.

 

(Please don't, Kibum screams a silent scream.)

 

And Jonghyun's hand is cradling another; Jonghyun's hand is now for another. The mark is gone. Kibum watches closely with all the wetness on his cheeks and a broken glass in his frame as the mark, that pretty pearlescent blue mark on Jonghyun's knuckles, disappear into nothingness only to be replaced.

 

(By a name that sounds nothing like Kibum's. It's pink; it's fragile. It's engraved on Jonghyun's skin.)

 

Because apparently, fate chooses your happy ending. And Kibum is a fool to still believe in soulmates.

 

The wind blows and his cue comes -- Kibum takes tiny steps towards the white, innocently white, grand piano. He takes his place, fingers ready, here we go. His hands dance against the black and white keys while he paints the canvas of his future with nothing but red, red, red because.

 

The small of his back feels light, and he knows. He just lost against fate.

 

(Kibum sings for his soulmate one last time.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

******

A/N: Haven't posted anything in a while and when I decide to, I can't access AFF's cloudshizz. So yes, I'm posting this via mobile which means poor editing. Boo-hoo. Plus, I said I wasn't going to write angst on my next drab/oneshot buttttttt...