Chapter 12: Seen as the Enemy

Behind Her Purple Glasses

The next day, Minhee comes out of her house, seeing Jonghyun.  "Are you ready to leave yet, Minhee?" Jonghyun asks. Minhee smiles brightly, running up to him and immediately taking his hand into hers. "Of course I am ready." Minhee replies, "Why wouldn't I be?" "Because you were taking too long in your house." Jonghyun replies. Minhee laughs and then asks, "So, what is the surprise that you have prepared for me?" "Why don't we wait until we are at school, okay?" he replies. "Why not now?" Minhee asks, "I don't want everyone to know." "If you want to know," Jonghyun replies, "then you have to listen to me." 

Once reaching the school, Jonghyun takes Minhee to the school's gazebo. "What are we doing here?" Minhee asks, "What if we are late for class?" "This will only take a few seconds." he replies, reaching into his pocket and eventually pulling out a pair of couple rings.

"Jonghyun, why are you..." Minhee asks, looking up at him. "I know that it may be a little too early to do this, but I want you to keep the other ring." Jonghyun replies. "But you know what this means, right?" Minhee asks. "Of course I do." he replies, "This shows that you and I are together and that no one is able to come inbetween that." Jonghyun places one of the rings on her right ring finger. "When you are ready, then I will put it on your left ring finger." Jonghyun replies. "I really can't take this from you, Jonghyun." she replies, "It's too expensive." "Just keep it." Jonghyun replies, "Then Baekhyun don't have to bother you anymore."

 ♦♦♦♦♦

Later that afternoon, Minhee enters the library, where Baekhyun has already been waiting for her. "What took you so long?" he asks, not even looking at her. "I had some lady business to do." Minhee replies, sitting across from Baekhyun. "Are you sure it wasn't because of your boyfriend?" Baekhyun asks. "How did you..." she asks. "Everyone has been talking about you two lovebirds." Baekhyun replies, getting up from his seat, "I hope you two are happy together." "Baekhyun..." Minhee replies. Baekhyun picks up his backpack and heads out of the library, hitting Minhee's left shoulder and saying, "Let's end the session early today, okay?" She turns around to the door and immediately rushes after Baekhyun. 

"BAEKHYUN!" Minhee exclaims, once reaching the front entrance before Baekhyun could even head out the door of the academy. He turns around and sees Minhee, who is standing in front of him, breathing heavily. "What do you want from me?" Baekhyun asks, "I have to get home soon." "Jonghyun just wants to protect me." Minhee replies, "I never intended for him to go...." Baekhyun walks up to Minhee and eventually kisses her soft lips. Minhee slowly closes her eyes, hoping that the moment would last. "Don't leave me, Minhee." Baekhyun replies, in between the long kiss. Minhee opens her eyes and pulls away from Baekhyun. "I...I can't do this." Minhee replies, "I can't hurt Jonghyun's feelings." "What about my feelings?" Baekhyun asks, "Do you think you can just play with my feelings?" "I didn't mean it like that, Baekhyun." she replies, "I...." "Then stop trying to make me fall in love with you, Kim Minhee." Baekhyun replies, turning toward the front entrance. As Baekhyun takes a couple steps closer to the door, Minhee wraps her arms around his body. "Minhee..." Baekhyun replies, turning his head over his shoulder, "Why are you like this?" "I don't know anymore, Baekhyun." Minhee replies, in a hush tone. Jonghyun eavesdrop from behind the lockers, watching both Minhee and Baekhyun. "What do you mean by that?" he asks, "I don't understand." Minhee holds Baekhyun even tighter, afraid to answer his response. 

Jonghyun walks out of the shadows until Taeyeon pulls him back to his regular position. "Don't even try to ruin it for them." Taeyeon replies. "What are you planning here, Park Taeyeon?" Jonghyun asks. "If you were to in right now, I think Minhee would be upset." she replies. "Upset about what?" he asks. "Upset that she can't accept your love, Jonghyun." Taeyeon replies, "Upset that she has fallen in love with Byun Baekhyun." Jonghyun glances over his shoulder, waiting for something to happen. 

"Answer me, Minhee." Baekhyun replies, "Why are you acting like this?" "Ever since the night you kissed me," Minhee replies, "my mind has been a mess; I don't know how to look at you anymore." Baekhyun remains silent. "With Jonghyun back now," she replies, "I don't know who to love anymore." "Are you saying that you don't love Jonghyun?" Baekhyun asks, "And that you are in love with me, am I right?" "Baekhyun...I...I...." she replies. Baekhyun pulls Minhee's arms away from his body, turning around to face her. "You'll never see me as the hero, Kim Minhee." he replies, "You'll only see me as the enemy." Her eyes widen at his words once Baekhyun has left the building, leaving Minhee in the same spot.