Chapter 11: Confused About Love

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"I like you, Kim Minhee." Jonghyun replies. Minhee becomes speechless, not knowing what to say. "I know that you only like me as your oppa." Jonghyun replies, "But my heart can wait for your answer." "Jonghyun," Minhee replies, "I really don't want to...." "I can wait for you, Kim Minhee." Jonghyun replies, "I can wait for you." Jonghyun takes a hold of Minhee's hand and brings it up to his lips. "Jonghyun," she replies, "I...I..."

♦♦♦♦♦

"WHERE DID YOU GO, MINHEE?!" Taeyeon exclaims, over the phone, "DID YOU SKIP SCHOOL WITH JONGHYUN?!" "I didn't want to skip school, Taeyeon." Minhee replies, "Everything just happened so fast." "What about Baekhyun then?" Taeyeon asks, "Do you even know that..." "Enough about Baekhyun." Minhee replies, "He is turning into the second Jang Hyunseung." "What do you mean he is turning into the second Jang Hyunseung?" Taeyeon asks, "What happened between you two?" "Baekhyun got jealous." Minhee replies. "Jealous of you and Jonghyun?" Taeyeon asks. "Yeah." she replies, "I wouldn't think he could get jealous." "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "there's something that I have to tell you." "I have to go, Taeyeon." Minhee replies, "Talk with you later." The line cuts off, leaving Taeyeon to sigh heavily. "If only you knew that Baekhyun actually have feelings for you." Taeyeon replies, "Then that would make me happy."

Meanwhile at Baekhyun's house, he lies on his bed, remembering Minhee crying in front of him. "Why did I do that?" Baekhyun asks himself, "Am I really jealous of Jung Jonghyun?" All of a sudden, Baekhyun's phone goes off with a text message from the group chat with his friends. 

Lay: Does Minhee know that you know her secret?

Suho: Did you tell Minhee?

Chanyeol: Does Minhee know yet?

Kai: Does she like you back?

D.O: Did Minhee reject you?

Sehun: Did you tell Minhee yet?

Tell Minhee what? :Baekhyun

Sehun: That you like her

Kinda, but I guess she doesn't know it yet :Baekhyun

Kris: Aw...don't feel too bad

What do you mean by that, hyung :Baekhyun 

Kai: He meant that you should move onto another girl

I am not going to do that :Baekhyun

Xiumin: Beside, Minhee might even like Baekhyun after that kiss

She might've got the wrong idea of me being a ert :Baekhyun

Luhan: lol

It's not funny! :Baekhyun

Tao: YES IT IS!

Sehun: Nobody asked for your opinion, Tao

Tao: Whatever

Baekhyun turns off his phone, placing it on his nightstand. "If only she would understand that my heart is racing whenever she is near me." Baekhyun replies, whispering to himself. 

♦♦♦♦♦

The next day, Jonghyun and Minhee shows up to school together, leading the whole student body to know the newest couple. "Did you hear that the new transfer student and Kim Minhee are dating?" asks one of Hyuna's friends. "Why do you even bother with that kind of stuff?" Hyuna asks, "If they wanna date, then let them date." "What has gotten into you, Hyuna?" another asks, "I thought you hated...." "That was before I found out about Hyunseung's disgusting plan." Hyuna replies, "I'm going to head on inside; you can stay if you want." Up on the roof, Baekhyun waits patiently for someone to come and meet him. "What do you want, Byun Baekhyun?" he asks. Baekhyun turns around and sees Jonghyun, who is standing at the door. "Why did you skip school yesterday?" Baekhyun asks. Jonghyun scoffs and replies, "I had some errands to run with Minhee." "What kind of errands?" Baekhyun asks. "You don't need to know anything about that." Jonghyun replies, "Minhee doesn't want you as her boyfriend and that's it." "Who said that I wanted her as my girlfriend in the first place?" Baekhyun asks, "You are out of your mind, Jung Jonghyun." "Isn't it true though?" Jonghyun asks, "You just want her body rather than her heart, am I right?" "That's what you want from her." Baekhyun replies, "I am not the type of person to..." "Then why did you make Minhee cry yesterday?" Jonghyun asks, "Can you answer that?" Baekhyun froze there for a moment and then replies, "That doesn't mean that I love her; more like a tease." "If you were teasing her," Jonghyun replies, "then she shouldn't be crying."

Later that afternoon, Minhee waits in the library as always until Baekhyun shows up for his tutoring session. "I heard that Hyunseung got expelled." Minhee replies. Baekhyun nods his head as he sits in front of Minhee. "So," she replies, "what should we start with?" "Minhee," Baekhyun replies, "I need to tell you..." "If you don't want to get locked in here again, Baekhyun," she replies, "then I suggest you start doing your homework." "WHY ARE YOU DATING JUNG JONGHYUN!?" Baekhyun exclaims. The whole library became quiet as Baekhyun is standing from his seat. "Why are you dating Jung Jonghyun?" he repeats, "Why!?" "This is not the time to discuss about this." Minhee replies, trying to not look at Baekhyun's face, "We have to get..." "Kim Minhee," Baekhyun replies, "did you not hear what I just said?" "I heard what you said." she replies, "You don't need to..." "Tell me then." he replies, "Tell me why you and him are dating even though you just met yesterday." Minhee stands up and replies, "It's none of your business, Byun Baekhyun; you can't control how I live my life neither can I." "Just tell me what you see in him." Baekhyun replies, "It's so simple; do you love him or not?" "Baekhyun...." Minhee replies. He walks over to her side, grabbing a hold of her arm and pulling her close to his face. "Answer my question!" he exclaims. "Let go of me, Baekhyun." Minhee replies, trying to get out of his grasp. "Not until you tell me the truth." he replies, "What do you see in Jonghyun?" "Are you jealous of Jonghyun then?" she asks. "I am not jealous of Jonghyun." Baekhyun replies. "Then why do you keep asking me for answers that I don't even know?" Minhee asks, "Why do you need to know everything about me; do you like me or something?"

Jonghyun patiently waits outside of the academy, hoping that Minhee would come out soon. "Jonghyun," Taeyeon replies, "you should probably head on home." "I'm not leaving until Minhee comes out." he replies. "It's not worth the wait." she replies, "Minhee might even be here until night time." "I can still wait." he replies, "Doesn't matter how cold or how long it is, I am willing to wait for her." Taeyeon sighs heavily. "By the way," Jonghyun replies, "why are you here, Taeyeon?" "I had tennis practice earlier." Taeyeon replies, "I was planning to head on home until I saw you here." "I see." he replies. "Why are you and Minhee dating?" Tayeon asks. "Why do you want to know?" Jonghyun asks. "She never told me why you two are dating." she replies. "Taeyeon," Jonghyun replies, "do you still have feelings for me?" "WHAT?!" Taeyeon exclaims, "I am totally over you; stop talking about things that aren't..." "You can't hide your true feelings from me, Taeyeon." he replies, "I know you more than Minhee." "But still..." she replies. "I understand you like me more than anyone else, but my heart is already with Minhee." he replies, "You can't change that." "Jonghyun..." Taeyeon replies. 

Baekhyun continue to hesitates. "If you don't have anything else to say," Minhee replies, "then I'm ending our study session early today." Minhee packs everything back into her backpack and then heads out of the library, leaving Baekhyun standing there like an idiot. Minhee comes out of the building and sees Taeyeon and Jonghyun standing in front of her. "I thought you guys already went home." Minhee replies. "We both were waiting for you, Minhee." Jonghyun replies. "How was practice, Taeyeon?" Minhee asks, turning her attention to Taeyeon. "It's alright as always." she replies, "Nothing really changes." "Hopefully you will continue to do it." Minhee replies, "I want to come and support you." Taeyeon smiles and replies, "Thanks Minhee; but, where is Baekhyun?" "He is still in the library." Minhee replies, "Do you have to talk with him or something?" "I was just wondering." Taeyeon replies, "Jonghyun, why don't you take Minhee home for now?" "Oh..." she replies, "Why are you staying, Taeyeon?" "I forgot something in the school." Taeyeon replies, "I'll see you two tomorrow then." After Jonghyun and Minhee left, Taeyeon hurries inside to the library, hoping to find Baekhyun there. 

Taeyeon enters the library and finds Baekhyun, sitting in one of the library chairs. "You should probably start heading home." Taeyeon replies. Baekhyun sighs heavily. "How can I even go home when I can't even confess to Minhee?" he asks. "You still go many chances." she replies, walking up to him, "You don't even know if they are together or not." "But what if they are dating?" Baekhyun asks. "Don't think like that, Baekhyun." Taeyeon replies, "I'll try and help you confess to Minhee." "You really think that we were meant for each other?" Baekhyun asks, looking up at Taeyeon. "Of course I do." she replies, "Even though you two have your difference, opposites attract, am I right?"

♦♦♦♦♦

Later that night, Minhee continues think back to her first kiss with Baekhyun. "Was it really real?" Minhee asks, touching onto her lips, "I mean...he and I were in the same bed that night...but it wouldn't make any sense for him to even try to make a move on me." Minhee's phone vibrates beside her. 

Jonghyun: Hi :)

"Jonghyun oppa?" Minhee asks. 

Jonghyun: Are you going to sleep? 

Not yet :Minhee

Jonghyun: Good. 

How is that a good thing? :Minhee 

Jonghyun: Because I have a surprise for you

What surprise? :Minhee

Jonghyun: You'll just have to wait until tomorrow

Okay then :Minhee

Jonghyun: Sorry for bothering you; oh well, good night

Good night :Minhee