Prologue: Moving In

Dandelion Clock

“My Lord, are you sure you will be fine in this foreign place?” Tao asked worriedly with a shudder, glancing over his shoulder. “I have heard that humans frequent this place. Tourist attraction, it seems.”

Luhan sighed, rolling his eyes. “I’ll be fine, Tao,” Luhan repeated for the umpteenth time. “Surely you don’t doubt my powers? I can repel humans with a simple chant and a flick of my hand!”

“Of course I don’t, Your Highness,” Tao replied meekly, his face turning into a shade of peachy pink. “I was merely showing concern for you.”

Luhan sighed. Everyone in the kingdom knew that the king’s resident bodyguard had a little crush on his employer. It’s just a phase, Luhan had tried to convince himself countless times. Besides, he did not have the heart to fire the budding young adult. He knew how much he loved his grandmother, and how much the kingdom’s sole healer charged for his remedies.

Perhaps he should pay a visit to the healer someday. That cunning youngster could not possibly mess with the king, could he?

“Calm your , Tao,” Luhan told him.

“Calm my – calm my what, Sir?” Tao asked him. “What are ?”

Luhan shook his head with amusement. “Never mind,” he told the innocent creature. “In any case, I will be fine here on my own. You go back to your grandmother. I’m sure she needs you more than I do.”

Tao smiled at Luhan, his eyes watery. Luhan mentally groaned, but his eyes were beaming. Tao was like an endearing son to him. “Thank you so much, Your Manliness!” Tao cried. “I will never forget this service you have done to me. I will be sure to repay you with my all!” With that, Tao ran out of the cottage with superhuman speed, not forgetting to create a man-shaped hole in the door with wood splinters flying everywhere.

Oh, Tao. Luhan sighed and shook his head.

“I guess I’ll just have to fix this on my own,” Luhan mused. “Or maybe not. I kind of like breezy houses.”

 


Puahaha, the prologue. I don't know. What is this?

Love it? Hate it? I would appreciate comments :)