Meeting Him

Meeting Kai/ Kim Jongin

A simple story about how you met your ultimate bias. You told many people this story, some believed you but some did'nt. Though, you didnt care about what they tought because the only thing that matters is that you know that it happned.

  

  It was a normal year end concert. You're just another tourist that happened to be in KOrea at the time. You got a pass just by eating at this restaurant. Apparently you were the 1000 customer. The kind ahjusshi gave you a pair of tickets to the concert as a prize. Something like a lucky draw. To your luck, the tickets were the ones near the stars (artists). Knowing your favourite boy group, Exo woud be there. You gladly accepted the ticket. Bowing to the old man and thanking him. He had the softest smile you had ever seen on a person. You turned around and gave him one last wave with the brightest smile you had.

'Looks like that ticket isnt going to waste' the ahjusshi said smiling while waving back at you

  Nightfall came in a blink of an eye. It was time for the concert. Yes, of course you were excited but there were a lot of problems in the way. One, you dont speak the language. Two, if you get seperated by your sister, your lost. Three. if you got lost well you know what happens.

  But what the hell right. You had your phone and your sister has her phoe. The bill in the end would most probarbly get you grounded but the again, EXO¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

   You wore a pair of jeans and a hoodie. It was quite simple actually. You hoodie was the wolf 88 one. You wore your spectacles and fixed your hair. You took your sling bag and went out of the hotel with your sister.

  When you got there, there were already many people. It was the time the stars started entering the building. 'Great timing' you murmured while blowing your side bangs. Exo, B.A.P, Infinite, G-Dragon, Taeyang, BTS, VIXX, 2NE1, Crayon Pop and many more. There was just so many. You had to admit it was quite like heaven. But the other fans though, some were just too crazy for your liking. They were too close. Since Exo was like the in thing, they seemed to suffer the most. Fans touching them at all places. You did'nt enjoy the sight at all. You looked at them with sad, pity and i-wish-i-could-help-you eyes. You wondered if the enjoyed the touches or if the disliked it. In that moment you were in dream/thinking world.

  Actually, at that very moment. Someone was looking at you. It was Kai. But you were in dream/thinking worls. So as if you knew. You shrugged your shoulders giving up on the tought. Then, your sister pulled your wrist signalling it was time to go in.

Damn, the place was crowded. You were pushed and pulled but non of that mattered. The place where you were placed was special and only certain peope could enter. But no doubt there were still many people. The artists were getting seated and the crowd went wild. They were shouting the stars name and screaming in korean.

  'Well, i guess they dont need anymore shouting and screaming'. So, you decided to just shut up and look at them but not in a weird way though. Yea, they waved and winked which just made you smile. But that was all. Still you kept quiet. It was still very new to you, the athmosphere. 'Are concerts always like this?' You wondered. Finally the concert started. It was the opening. The MC's were making some jokes you thought since the crowd was laughing and girls were giggling. 'It's not like I even understand what the hell they're saying' you huffed while taking out your english activity book from your sling bag. You put on your earphones and started doing the homework your mom gave you. Well at least the shouts reduced. Hearable and loud but not as loud as before. Rather than listening, most of the fans were calling the stars. 99% of them were taking pictures and recording using their phones.

 Soon, the first performance started, It was BAP. You put your earphones back into your pocket and began jamming to the beat. You did the same choreography as them and even began singing. Then started the fan chant. 'B.A.P! Bang Yongguk, bla bla bla' You didnt exactly know any fan chants so you simply tried to stop your laughter. You claped as the performance ended. As usual, you went back to your book and headphones. 

  This time though it was quite hard to concentrate. 'Oppa, oppa, oppa, SARANGHAEYO!!!' with the high pitched voice the girl screamed. Some were even crying.

  You didnt know why but you hated those screams. You hated the high pitched voices. You especially hated the word 'oppa'. You yourself didnt know why. It is was it is.

  You looked to the side just to miracle-ly make eye contact with Kai. He was waving and the screams got louder. 'Oh, he's waving at them' you mumbled to yourself. Just when you wanted to go back to your book. Kai used his index finger and pointed to your direction. You looked behind and looked back at him, confused. He shook his head when you looked back at him. Then he did some movements showing someone wearing spectacles and reading a book. Was he describing me? you wondered. Out of instinct you pointed at yourself with the confused look. Kai nodded his head but just to double check, you looked back again and then front just to point at yourself again. This time, Kai was laughing. He nodded again. 'Okaayyyy?' you mouthed. Awkwardly you waved at him but your wave is kinda different. Your wave is like a peace sign but waving from side to side. It was a old habit that was hard to get rid off.

  Kai cocked his brow, he did the same sign as you did. You gave him the what-the-hell-are-you-doing- look. You then realized the peace sign you were doing, you quickly put that hand down and bowed. You scratched the back of your neck using your left hand and waved normally to him with your right hand. You laughed at your own embarrassment. Kai gave you his signature smile that made your heart skip a beat.

  It was finally time for Exo to do their performance. You saw their manager calling them backstage. Before leaving, Kai looked back at you and waved goodbye. You bowed at him one last time, you gave him two thumbs up while moving each thumb up and down and swaying your hips from left to right. Unexpectedly, Kai did the im-looking-at-you lookwhile pointing his index and middle finger to his eyes then to you. How were you going to response? Your way of course... The whatever look and the shooking of the head. But ending it with a bright smile so he wont feel hurt. Kai simply laughed. You saw Sehun pulling and scolding Kai because he was taking such a long time to move. 'Idiots' you murmured to yourself.

  You weren't actually shocked when Kai and you practically had a weird non talking but talking moment. You decided to just shrug your shoulders and continue your homework.

  Then Exo performed starting with their intro. Fan girls were screaming even louder. 'Why the hell not' you joined them but not technically screaming. 

( A/N im putting this part in a different language but dont worry ill also translate it ^^)

  'Sehun bodohnya kau' ( Sehun your so stupid)

  ' Chanyeol muka dalah macam Yoda' ( Your face is exactly like Yoda Chanyeol) (from star wars)

  ' Kris nak control macho kononnya' ( Kris trying to control is machoness)

  ' Lay! ehh takpe Lay I suka' ( Lay! ehh nevermind, Lay i like)

  ' Luhan ko jangan nak cantik sangat boleh tak?' ( Luhan can you stop being so pretty?)

  ' Xiumin ome ome' ( Xiumin so cute)

  It was all in Malay since it was kinda the only other language that you could speak. Plus you didnt want any one else to understand what you were saying because there was a big possibility that you would be dead.

  Their performance looked amazing as usual but there were flaws. Tao of course forgot a lot of his steps and Chanyeol really tripped alot.  You couldnt help but to laugh at them. Though, it took awhile for Kai to find you in the crowd. You put your hands on your hips while tapping your right foot patiently waiting for him to find you.

  In the end he did, you raised both of your hands up thanking the gods and gave him the that-took-you-long-enough look. You didnt take your eyes off him nor did he take his eyes off you. You just rolled your eyes and gave him two claps. What he did next made the crowd went wild. He started doing hip s and winked. Even your eyes widen. Your cheeks starting turning pink then red. Kai knew he had gotten you, he started grinning in satisfactory.

  You admired Kai more, he had more moves than any other members. Instead of just looking at Kai, you watched the others too but maybe took glances at Kai secretly of course. After the performance, there was a 15 minute intermissio before the grand award. You got so tired of standing so you just decided to sit on the floor and do your stupid homework.

  Suddenly the crowd got all active again. You quickly stood up trying not to avoid getting squished.

  Just then, someone shouted. The girls shut their mouth some still squeling though and moved to the side making a little pathway. Someone was talking. Fortunately a guy translated everything for you. 'Please just this time, stay still. I have a surprise for someone, someone among you guys.'

  You looked at the dude that translated for you. The only thing he could do was shrug his shoulders. As if he would understand anything.

  But that voice, why was it so familiar? 'No' you sighed, it couldnt be. There he was in the middle of the pathway walking towards you. There he was right in front of you. You froze but soon moved. You took a step to the side letting him continue his walk. You smiled at him while giving you can go on hand gesture.

  Looks like that wasnt his plan at all. Instead, he grabbed your wrist and ran as fast as he could. Before you could protest, well yeahh you really didnt have such timing to protest. Then, you felt a zap shot through your neck. It was like something sharp had pierced the back of your neck. Since your heart was beating like crazy you really didnt feel the pain.

  Both of you reached backstage. In a empty space that he brought you.

' Annyeong' Kai started with

  You wanted to reply with a simple 'hi' but you felt pain again. You rubbed the back of your neck and there it was. The zap again. You looked at your hand and you saw it, blood. Someone had scratched you when Kai was dragging you away. Damn that girl had sharp nails.

  Kai saw the blood and panicked. He called one of the staff and said something to her. After a few minutes, she came back with a small towel, a plastic bowl filled with water and two chairs. Kai one chair infront and the other one exactly behind it. He pulled you down to sit on the fron one while he sat at the back one. He again grabbed your wrist to take out the hair tie that you always carried. Kai tied you hair into a failed high ponytail. You laughed at him when he was struggling to tie your hair. Kai groaned when you laughed at him.

  He softly patted your deep scratches with the wet towel. You stiffened at the sudden impact and stiffened. Kai relaxed you by massaging you shoulder with his free hand.

'Mianhe' he said sincerely

  You shook your head telling him it was okay.

There both of you were. Just sitting there your back facing him. Kai taking care of your wound and you just being you. Nobody said a word since well languange was a problem. But it didnt matter, the athmosphere wasnt awkward at all. It was calming. Finally for once you actally felt relaxed.

  After healing your wound, Kai gently placed a bandage and brushed your neck.

  'Mianhe' he said once more

Why did he keep saying sorry you wondered? Its not like he actually did anything wrong...

  Then he started speaking korean in a shy way.

  'Whoah whoah whoah, hangukeo motaeyo' you told him that you didnt speak korean..

  He kept quiet. He was pretty shocked and a little embarrased.

  You suddenly had and idea. You signalled him to take out his phone by using your fingers as a phone.

  He understood. He took out his phone, unlocked it and gave it to you. You smiled but apparently his keyboard was in hangul.

  You palmfaced totally forgetting about the hangul and started thinking again. There must be wifi. You nodded in determination

  Thank god you brought your phone along. You went to the search for the wifi and to your luck there was. And a passworf though

  You showed Kai your phone screen as a clue asking for the password. Again Kai understood. He showed numbers using fingers.

'88096789'

'Gomawo' you beamed at him and bowed 90 degrees for no good reason. Bowing was actually fun and in korea it wasnt weird at all.

  You opened google translate and showed him your phone screen asking him to do the same.

  That was how you communicated with him.

 

You: hey, why do u keep saying sorry

  Kai read with amazement and thyed on his phone. Both of you kept exchanging phones

Kai: hey there, your pretty smart you know and pretty. Well its technically my fault you got hurt.

  Kai had the ahy face on and he blushed

You: urmm thanks and ur handsome too i guess. Nahh chill bro its not entirely your fault but maybe a little

  You let out a awkward laugh

Kai:yea i get that alot. Yah what do you mean!

You:pfftt bragger.. Kidding!! Yeah kidding

  Both of you laugh at your first encounter.

The situation became silent until you asked him a question.

  You: why?

Kai: why what?

You: why me?

Kai: huh?

You: oh god i swear kim jongin, ur the blurrest man on earth..can i slap you like seriously? Why did you pick me?!

Kai: kim jongin * he hasnt heard that from a fan in a long time, it sent warmth to his heart* i dare you to.well cuz- 

 

 

  SLAP!!

 

You slapped him on his left cheeck making him wince in pain and rubbing the spot.  

  Kai: Yah!!! What was that for?!!

You: well you dared me to...

Kai: but but but uhh nevermind *woww i cant believe she actually slaped me*

You tries your best really to hide yout laughter but epically failed. Kai on the other hand rolled his eyes and startef typing again

  You: so why me?

Kai: well cuz i dunno, why not?

 Kai didnt actually know why he did that

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED....

 

 

i actually think that its really long..ill write the rest in a different chap that will be shorter