chapter 7

love me as I am

 

 

 

They were making the house ready for the party, Taemin was carrying a big bowl of punch to the table when the doorbell rang. Frowning he looked at Jinki, they didn’t expected anyone yet, it was still early. 

He reached the door and the big bowl fell from his hand when he opened it, Tears blurred his vision when he saw his parents at the front door of Jinki's apartment.

"Umma...Appa... wh-what are you doing here?"

"Taemin...?" Jinki called when he heard the noise and hurried to see what happened "are you -" his words stuck in his throat when he saw the older couple.

Warm hand touched Taemin's shoulder and he turned his head to look at Jinki

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee..."   Jinki said in a polite tone "do come in…"

They stepped over the wet floor and walked in.

"Be with your parents ...I'll clean here..." Jinki said softly to the younger

"I'm so sorry-"

"Go..." he said and tapped a kiss on his forehead, a gesture that didn't escaped from Taemin's father eyes.

The young boy walked with his parents to the living room and they sat on the couch. 

"Happy birthday Taemin-ah" his mother said, in her eyes he saw tenderness but his father remained silent.

"How did you found out where I am?"

His mother looked at her husband and when he didn't spoke she said

"Your ... ah, Jinki ..."

"My boyfriend" Taemin said quietly "you can say that..."

"...he called and came to your father's office last week"

His eyes bulged and he turned to look at the man who was cleaning the entrance "he did?"

"He said you're having a- a little party for your birthday and…"

"Umma…"  Taemin stopped her from talking "I know it was hard for you two to come here" he glanced at his father who was staring at the front door toward Jinki, he could see that his father was breathing fast probably realizing that it's real and not just a declaration- his son is really gay. Taemin put a hand on his knee and draw his attention "I appreciate it so much" he wanted to cry but held his tears back, his throat was hurt but he kept talking "I've…I've wanted to see you….for so long" that's it, he couldn’t hold his tears anymore, they slid on his cheeks and he gulped "I don’t…want you to hate me… just because of-of that…"

His mother looked torn, wanting to hug her son but stayed at her sit with her hands fists in her lap.

Taemin sniffed and looked at them "I love that man" he said quietly "so much… and I don’t care if it's not normal to you. This is who I am…I can't change"

Taemin's father closed his eyes and took a deep breath when he opened them back he saw Jinki getting closer to the living room with a tray and cold drinks, he put it on the table and sat on the couch next to the boy. Taemin took his hand in his and smiled at the older.

Jinki did his best not to wipe his boyfriend's tears away in front of his parents, he held his hand tightly to reassure him that he's by his side.

Taemin turned to look at his parents once again "I got over on the fact that…you don’t love me anymore…"new tears felt from his eyes "it's ok, I let you down after all…"

"how?!" his father spoke for the first time "…you had many girlfriends, how could this happened ?!" he sounded so frustrated, he looked at him and lowered his eyes to their hands, still holding each other tight.

"I didn’t like them as much as you wanna think. Appa…"

Mr. Lee raised his hand to shush him "I don’t like it " he said and Taemin could feel his heart sinking his fingers was already white from holding Jinki's hand too tight and he was shaking "but, I…that man….and you…"

"Appa…"

"let me finish. I don’t like it, it's hard to realize you failed raising your son-"

"you didn’t failed!" Taemin raised his voice "I'm still me" he had enough "I'm studying in the best college in Seoul, my grades are high, I'm working hard to earn my money just like you two taught me! The only different is that I love men, that man and he's the best thing that ever happened to me and I really hope that you'll get the chance to know him as much as I do instead of shutting me down. I …just want to you to love me again"

Heavy silent felt in the room. Mrs. Lee looked into her lap and couldn’t talk, Jinki bit his lip and looked at Mr. Lee who was staring at Taemin. The younger boy didn’t lowered his gaze from his father for what seems like eternity and eventually his father opened his mouth to talk "I love you and I promise to do my best to accept this way of life you've choose" he said quietly, slowly turning to look at Jinki. That man was either smart or a big idiot but he had the balls to face him, ok wrong chose of words but… he appreciated Jinki for doing it for Taemin.

Taemin let go of Jinki's hand and kneeled in front of his father holding his hand, sobbing "Appa…"

Mrs. Lee put her hand on his back and it gently looking at her husband and the older man put his hand as well on his back.

It was some kind of love or affection, Taemin wasn’t sure but he decided to give it time.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

His parents didn’t stayed for the party, they wished him happy birthday and left an envelope with money as a gift. They even shook Jinki's hand on their way out and did their best to smile.

Taemin wasn’t so focused at the party but Jinki said nothing, he knew that Taemin needed time to process things.    

At night after everyone left Taemin closed himself at the bathroom and cried, Jinki heard his sobs echoing but he knew that it wasn’t a sad cry, it was cry of relief.

When the red puffy eyes boy came out with a towel on his waist and curled into bed he smiled tiredly at his boyfriend and snuggled himself into his chest.

"Jinki…"

"humm?"

"I love you so much. Thank you for an amazing birthday"

Jinki fumbled to find his lips and kissed him softly "I know it was hard…but I'm happy you did that, you'll be able to live your life better now that your heart is free"

Taemin nod and asked in a small voice "touch me"

Smiling his warm smile Jinki lowered his lips to kiss him again, this time it wasn’t a soft kiss, it was hot and passionate kiss that left Taemin breathless.

"Oh…I almost forgot… "Jinki said and let go of him.

Taemin frown as he saw his boyfriend reaching a small box from his dresser "happy birthday my love"

Smiling he took the box from him "you shouldn’t have…you've done more than enough…"

"I want to…" Jinki said softly and kissed his puffy lips

Taemin thought about dropping the box and opened it later after he'll make love with Jinki but the older rushed him to open it, so he did.

In the box there was a small key and Taemin raised his head to look at Jinki

"I want you to leave the dorms and move in with me…"

Heart pounding so hard in his ears he though he didn't heard well "you…"

"Taemin, move in with me"

Soft smile crossed Taemin's face and he put the box aside as he got on top of Jinki, tapping small kisses all over his face "yes!" he mumbled.

Jinki laugh and held his waist trying to stop the excited boy but eventually gave up and let Taemin get his birthday wish. 

 


that's it guys, hope you like it .feel free to comment ^^