06

Tangled Hearts

Eunji suddenly remembered that she wrote the address on a piece of paper yesterday, which she used when she took a taxi. She reached on the pocket of her jeans, grabbing the small piece of crumpled paper. She checked her money. Only 20 dollars left. Not enough to ride a taxi. She would have to take the bus and transfer to a train too.    
                                                   
Eunji inhaled then exhaled. 
Let's get this over with! Fighting!
                                      
With renewed energy and a little murderous intent, she set off to the bus stop.
                        
Her journey took her to a lot of firsts in Seoul. From barely being able to squeeze through a bus, to a crazy episode of chasing the train,  and finally asking directions from countless strangers for her to reach Beast's dorm carrying 4 heavy bags of grocery!            
                                                
Eunji put down the grocery bags on the ground and sat on one of the benches in the park just near the dorm building. She has never experienced exhaustion like this before. She felt her eyes water up.
       
She wasn't sad. She was just plain tired.
   
Eunji refused to cry instead she pushed back the tears that were threatening to fall, clenched her fists and took a deep breath. She stood up and grabbed the heavy bags.  She started walking.                

A few meters behind her, the boys were walking toward their dorm. No one was able to see Eunji when they split up so they decided to return back. 

Since Yoseob was walking ahead of the others, he saw a woman stand up from the bench carrying bags. Because of the distance, he's not sure if its Eunji or not. He decided to.run up to her but she was already too far ahead. When he passed the bench where the woman sat on, he saw that she left behind a small plastic bag with bubble tea inside. Thinking it might be Eunji's, he took it.

When the boys reached their dorm, they were surprised to find the door wide open. They immediately went in and looked for Junhyung, who they left alone.
                                                           
The next scene they saw made them see Eunji on a whole new perspective.
                                          
Eunji threw a punch at Junhyung. She hit his lower lip making it bleed.
"That's for what you did today!" She said as she massaged her fist.       
Then she stormed off in her room and  locked up leaving everyone with their mouths hanging open.

Doojoon immediately took control of the situation. He ordered Hyunseung and Dongwoon to treat Junhyung's lip. He        told Kikwang to call Cube to cancel their scheduled practice.

While everyone else was busy, Yoseob grabbed ice from the fridge and put it into a towel. He knocked on Eunji's door.

"Eunji-ah, please open the door!" 

No answer.

"Eunji-ah, I know your fist must be hurting right now. Let me help you."

The door clicked open.

Yoseob entered the room and found Eunji sitting on the edge of the bed with her head down.

He sat beside her. "You don't have to say anything. Just give me your hand." He said gently, offering his left hand.

Eunji obliged and gave him her right hand. He took it with his own and placed the ice bag directly over her sore knuckles. They stayed that way for a few minutes.

Then he stood up and was about to leave. He looked back at her and handed her the plastic bag with the bubble tea from earlier.

"Here! You left this at the bench downstairs."

Eunji didn't even realize that she left it there. She muttered a small thanks to Yoseob before he closed the door.

She recalled earlier when she saw the shop selling bubble teas. She wasn't too keen in drinking it and just bought it thinking of Junhyung who volunteered to come with her to the grocery despite their misunderstanding earlier.

Eunji took out the buuble tea and stared at the message she wrote.

"Junhyung-sshi, thanks for driving me! Let's start over and be friends ^^ -Eunji"