01

Tangled Hearts

"Eunji, please just do this for me. Just once!" pleaded her friend and sunbae, Jinwoo, while rubbing his hands together. He is Eunji's longtime friend, sunbae and neighbor back in Busan who works as a coordinator of Beast. He has filed a leave of absence to get married but would only get permission if he could find a trustworthy replacement for the meantime. He couldn't think of anyone but Eunji. Her strong personality and efficient, mother-like ways are perfect for the boys.

"Please just help me this once! If not, I would have to postpone my marriage.", he said with a pout and puppy dog eyes. 

Eunji bit on her lip. She had just been kicked out of her previous job for being so bossy towards the customers at the cafe and her savings are just about to run out. Jinwoo's offer sounds tempting, she contemplated in her mind, but there's just one problem. Them. Or Beast, as their fans would call them. They are great singers and exceptional performers but Jinwoo has a lot of stories about them when he and Eunji would meet up to chat. They have been the constant source of many of his sleepless nights and migraines. Playful and naughty, these boys are a manager's nightmare. 

Eunji inhaled then exhaled. She knew she had to prioritize her needs. She needed the money more than her peace of mind.

"Eunji, you're the one I thought of right away when they asked me to find a replacement. You're perfect for them! Plus, the pay isn't bad." Jinwoo added.

This last statement sealed the deal.

Eunji lowered her head. 

She then looked up to him and said, "I'll do it."


-A few days later-

Beast dorm

"Boys, as you know, I'm leaving temporarily to get married.", announced Jinwoo. No one was listening, everyone was busy doing stuff on their own. Yoseob was searching himself on the internet. Hyunseung and Dongwoon are sharing a bag of chips. Junhyung was listening to music.Kikwang stood up to go to the restroom. Only Doojoon finally looked up from his tablet to listen.

"Guys, let's hear him out." Doojoon ordered. Jinwoo then continued to explain how long he will be gone and how they should behave while he's gone.

"Lastly, I should be introducing my replacement to all of you but unfortunately, that person arranging some stuff and will just meet you tomorrow. Behave guys. I will miss you all." With that, he hugged each member and exchanged farewells. The boys took turns in congratulating him and hugging him. Once in his car, he smiled to himself. He have been with those boys for a long time and they all took a space in his heart. 

I don't know who I should say goodluck to. Myself, for getting married? Eunji, looking after Beast? Or the boys, for having Eunji as their manager? 

He laughed as he drove off to meet his fiance.